Andrew Wiggins Class of 2013 to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
    Didn't we run this guy out of town for making cryptic posts in this very thread last week? :).

The tea leave readers want to know: does "easy" mean lets not get ahead of ourselves in dreaming of the nearly impossible or everybody better take a deep breath as things are going to get exciting very soon? I assume the former, but I wish the latter.
    Listen, I'm all in for having as much fun as a person can have, but when the discussion begins to tilt towards comparisons to the Miami Heat for goodness sakes, something had to be said.

Now, carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
      Just one of the two or three rumors out there today.
      Trop, Can you share yet if we are in any of these rumors? Just curious.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Not today's that I know of.
        In the fast lane

Comment

• One that is probably true is him meeting with Roy Williams on Friday.
          In the fast lane

Comment

• With the money AW is going to have as soon as the basketball season is over, he can certainly afford to pay his own way for one year. We got a spot for him.

Then the talking heads can go on and on about how WSU is starting a walk on and a former walk on.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• While I'd like to believe it (okay, I'd rather believe his two were Wichita State and Florida State), I don't buy it. I don't think that kid is talking to anyone about this outside of family, and I don't think his family is talking.

I think people around him want to feel important by talking to the media. But I don't think they know a thing.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by TxShox View Post
                I took it as, "hey, let's not go calling ourselves the Miami Heat with good guard play"

No college team, no matter how good, would be competitive in the NBA, let alone be worthy of being compared to this years' Miami Heat.
                i would challenge that. My rebuttal? UK next year.

but anyways, i wasnt saying we would be as good as the heat, but comparable to the level. Heat:NBA/Shockers:NCAA.

If Marshall shats lightning bolts out his arse and Andrew comes here, I wonder where we rank in the Top 25
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  i would challenge that. My rebuttal? UK next year.

but anyways, i wasnt saying we would be as good as the heat, but comparable to the level. Heat:NBA/Shockers:NCAA.

If Marshall shats lightning bolts out his arse and Andrew comes here, I wonder where we rank in the Top 25
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

• FWD: ESPN - F Andrew Wiggins to commit to Wichita State after declaring for Newman U

Comment

• Thanks for your input, DOFO… moving on…

Comment

• Does he have a presser today?

Comment

• Sully on Sports Daily today pretty much claimed Nick retracted the perceived meaning of the tweet about Andrew SHOCKING the world to him in a conversation.

Comment

• twitter rumors say he is going to give a last-minute visit to Louisville.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              twitter rumors say he is going to give a last-minute visit to Louisville.
                              All week it has been pretty clear that the rumor about him considering coming here doesn't have legs.

But the possibility hurts that AW going to see his brother in the final four might have helped Louisville a little in terms of getting into the mix (granted winning a national championship might have had something to do with it too). I actually like U of L better than his other choices, but it feels kind of like introducing someone you are interested in to one of your friends and having him ask her out.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                                All week it has been pretty clear that the rumor about him considering coming here doesn't have legs.

But the possibility hurts that AW going to see his brother in the final four might have helped Louisville a little in terms of getting into the mix (granted winning a national championship might have had something to do with it too). I actually like U of L better than his other choices, but it feels kind of like introducing someone you are interested in to one of your friends and having him ask her out.
                                As national champs, I'm guessing that Andrew was going to take notice of them with or without WSU having played them. Outside of Andrew surprising everyone and coming here, I'd still put Florida State as the place I'd like to see him most because I like spreading the talent wealth and valuing family history, but Louisville would be the second place I'd like to see him go, if for no other reason than to annoy UK fans to no end.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X