No announcement yet.

Deontae Hawkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday I noticed Rivals not having him listed as commited, just as offered and high interest in WSU.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• In addition to Ohio State he's been talking to Tulsa, Iowa, and Missouri according to the article listed above.
      In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Denzell Bowles, part deux . . .

"psssst, hey Deontae. You're better than Wichita State. You need to go big time!"

I think it was inevitable, given the opportunity (expiring LOI), he would look around.
        Agreed. The surprise would have been if this had not happened. Still we have a foot well placed in the door. We'll just have to wait and see how this will play out.

Comment

"psssst, hey Deontae. You're better than Wichita State. You need to go big time!"
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• If these reports are true, it will be interesting to see HCGM's reaction. He has said numerous times that if a young man does not want to be at WSU, then he has nothing else to discuss with him. I would think that a student that had committed to WSU, then decided to take other visits would qualify as one that HCGM will soon drop and replace.

Comment

• Perhaps we have been recruiting beyond the just in case scenario. If Hawkins does sign with us again along with all the other verbals, we would be full.
              In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                If these reports are true, it will be interesting to see HCGM's reaction. He has said numerous times that if a young man does not want to be at WSU, then he has nothing else to discuss with him. I would think that a student that had committed to WSU, then decided to take other visits would qualify as one that HCGM will soon drop and replace.
                This. And if he's not careful, he may end up in Iowa for longer than one year. :indecisiveness: :hororr:

Comment

• Ohio State would be a little more understandable than the others if that was the school he had always followed. We'll see how many visits he takes or if he just likes being pursued.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    Ohio State would be a little more understandable than the others if that was the school he had always followed. We'll see how many visits he takes or if he just likes being pursued.
                    Bingo on being pursued. I believe he first said he was going to Auburn, put CU on his Facebook page, WSU and now who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                      If these reports are true, it will be interesting to see HCGM's reaction. He has said numerous times that if a young man does not want to be at WSU, then he has nothing else to discuss with him. I would think that a student that had committed to WSU, then decided to take other visits would qualify as one that HCGM will soon drop and replace.
                      There are very few spoken absolutes. Example: I will love you forever.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        We'll see how many visits he takes or if he just likes being pursued.
                        Sheriff Justice: “Well, thank you, Mr. Bandit. And as the pursuer, may I say you're the goddamnedest pursuee I've ever pursued. Now that the mutual bull$hit is over, [shouting angrily] where are you, you sumbitch?!”
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'm not sure if most of you were able to read the article. He has a test score of 1.9 and a gpa of 2.2 and hopes to get it up to 2.6. A lot of work to do yet. I believe the article is clear he has opened his recruitment open. It does not address if Hawkins and WSU are still considering each other.
                          Last edited by tropicalshox; October 18, 2012, 11:24 PM.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• I'm starting to wonder which is flakier.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Teddy sounds like a great talent -- and Marshall and his staff certainly seem to think so, too, or else they wouldn't have put in so much time and effort for a guy who was always an academic risk and thus might have to be re-recruited after failing to qualify, although he seems to be as fickle as they come.

But the recruiting for 2013, and their interest in people like Shaq Morris, kind of speaks for itself -- they'll have a post player of some sort in this opening. And if it ends up being a racehorse like Hawkins, the rest of their recruiting will go one way, whereas if it's a hulk like Morris, it will go another. Based on what we've seen so far in the Marshall era, though, they'll be ready either way.

Comment

I think it was inevitable, given the opportunity (expiring LOI), he would look around.
                                Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                                Teddy sounds like a great talent -- and Marshall and his staff certainly seem to think so, too, or else they wouldn't have put in so much time and effort for a guy who was always an academic risk and thus might have to be re-recruited after failing to qualify, although he seems to be as fickle as they come.

But the recruiting for 2013, and their interest in people like Shaq Morris, kind of speaks for itself -- they'll have a post player of some sort in this opening. And if it ends up being a racehorse like Hawkins, the rest of their recruiting will go one way, whereas if it's a hulk like Morris, it will go another. Based on what we've seen so far in the Marshall era, though, they'll be ready either way.
                                Well, that little whisper in Bowles' ear ended him up at James Madison.

With the academic problems apparently still looming over his head, I'm a little surprised someone like Ohio St doesn't have just as good "less maintenance" options to pursue. Heck, maybe we do and that's part of it.

One way or another, I have a feeling we may know during the up coming signing period. No doubt Teddy's a talent and I'd like to cheer him on as a signed WSU recruit when he comes to town for the Sunrise tourney. If not, I wish him well and I don't think HCGM and WSU will miss a beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X