No announcement yet.

Deontae Hawkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure, rr -- the testing company. See? I can play the false alarm game, too.

Comment

• As soon as someone knows something, I'm sure it'll be posted. If he doesn't show up this week, I'd guess he didn't qualify. I believe classes start Monday.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I have no confidence in this cat showing up. Thats not based on anything other than my own observations derived from reading things on the internet. My opinion hopefully is way off.

Comment

• I've been saying for awhile that I'm not counting on him until he shows up. I'd love for him to be here as he sounds like an exceptional talent. However, we still have loads of talent even if he doesn't make it here this year.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• we over recruited for a reason...put the two together guys.

Comment

• I figure he isnt coming. Just thought i would keep the discussion towards the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                As soon as someone knows something, I'm sure it'll be posted. If he doesn't show up this week, I'd guess he didn't qualify. I believe classes start Monday.
                I thought summer school starts next week (June 4 ??) although pre-session courses might be this week (end of May).
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Is his enrollment status in summer session classes conclusive evidence that he will or will not be here in the fall?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Is his enrollment status in summer session classes conclusive evidence that he will or will not be here in the fall?
                    Pretty much. First, there are now mandatory in gym time with coaches during the summer. Second, it's impractical for D1 athletes (especially in basketball) to be expected to do all the things associated with the sports AND carry the needed 12-15 hours to stay on track to graduate. They almost HAVE to take summer classes to keep up.

If someone isn't here by June 6 or so (allowing for special travel needs) it's pretty safe to assume they won't be here in the fall.

Fred will be here Friday. Jake is back in the house Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                      I thought summer school starts next week (June 4 ??) although pre-session courses might be this week (end of May).
                      That's what I said. Monday.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Is there any reason he has Creighton all over his facebook page? That doesn't look to good.

Comment

• http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/deontae-hawkins interesting information

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                            Is there any reason he has Creighton all over his facebook page? That doesn't look to good.
                            He lists "studied at Creighton" and College- "Creighton University" on his facebook page. That is very strange.

Deontae Hawkins is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Deontae Hawkins and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

Comment

• He was considered a Creighton lean when they landed his PG buddy but they backed off because they didn't expect him to pass their admissions. Is it possible he's had that up for months and just never changed it?
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• He couldn't get into CU, he signed an LOI with WSU.

2 things would need to have happened for him to be enrolled at Creighton. A) he raised his test scores considerably to gain admittance to Creighton B) WSU released him from his LOI with no Valley restrictions.

He wanted to go with his buddy to Creighton and would have but couldn't gain admittance. I wonder if he never updated his facebook education profile.

Either way I don't expect him to play a second for WSU. As others have pointed out WSU over recruited so something is known. My guess is it's known somebody isn't going to qualify.

Comment

Working...
                                X