Deontae Hawkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
    I'm sorry, but this wrong in so many ways.

First of all, Creighton fans didn't mistake his facebook page as evidence of a verbal commitment; Teddy gave his verbal commitment when he attended Bluejay madness with his high school teammate and best friend, Andre Yates who had already verballed. Essentially Yates was the main recruiter of Teddy for CU. When it was discovered shortly thereafter that Teddy was not going to make it through admissions, he became available again. I don't beleive he even had a visit scheduled at WSU until after the whole situation with Creighton fell apart. Basically these two HS kids and best friends had made a decision to go to college together. If not for admissions issues at CU, they would be. That is why some CU fans hold out hope that after Teddy gets himself eligible, he may choose to join his best friend at CU.

Secondly, Creighton has yet to sign a single "jr. college recruit" under McDermott, so I have no idea where you got that from. To say that Creighton fans took the signing of this jr. college recruit (which does not exist) to conclude anything is just plain wrong.
    1.http://creighton.rivals.com/coCtent....7228&PT=4&PR=2 This is the story about your JC recruit not coming to Creighton. You are well connected but you must of forgotten.

2. I remember that it was stated by Creighton fans that he gave his verbal commitment but I don't remember seeing an article where this was on the record. DJA-Do you have a reference to such an article. If there is such an article, I'd like to see it. No offense and I'm sure that you are well connected, so much so that he may have verbally committed to you personally, but I'd like to see the reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      1.http://creighton.rivals.com/coCtent....7228&PT=4&PR=2 This is the story about your JC recruit not coming to Creighton. You are well connected but you must of forgotten.

2. I remember that it was stated by Creighton fans that he gave his verbal commitment but I don't remember seeing an article where this was on the record. DJA-Do you have a reference to such an article. If there is such an article, I'd like to see it. No offense and I'm sure that you are well connected, so much so that he may have verbally committed to you personally, but I'd like to see the reference.
      I did forget about Calhoun. Nevertheless, at the time he signed I don't remember many (if any) saying that he was going to replace Teddy talent-wise. Truth is, many involved with Creighton are and were very impressed with Teddy's skill set and really wanted him badly.

Assuming there was no article, timing is probably the issue. He verballed on Friday night at the Bluejay Madness season kickoff. Because he sort of fell into Creighton's lap due to Yates recruiting him, I suspect (but cannot say for certain) the normal academic background hadn't been completed at the time of the offer and verbal. While he was on campus, they went through a complete academic review and found out he was not going to make it through admissions unfortunately. As a result, the verbal went away almost as soon as it was received. The recruiting services generally do their interviews after a kid's visit is over and he has returned home (the OWH is even later than that). By that time the verbal had disappeared.

Comment

• I did a quick search of Deontae Hawkins upcoming schedule with his Prep School. It shows 3 games from 12-6-12 - 12-8-12 at Sunrise Chrisian, it does not show the opponent yet, but it would provide an opportunity to see him play and show some crazy shocker fan support to him in person if we had a group show up to watch him.

Comment

• Not sure I'll be able to make that or not, will have to check my schedule. But that could be a lot of fun. Sunrise has some nice talent that I'd like to see and would love to see Teddy in person.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Pretty sure Teddy's "verbal" to CU vanished when he found out WSU was a possible destination. Don't get me wrong, I respect what CU is and has done, but I believe CU is all but out of the picture now (and you can probably remove the "all but") and it's NOT because of his grades.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Pretty sure Teddy's "verbal" to CU vanished when he found out WSU was a possible destination. Don't get me wrong, I respect what CU is and has done, but I believe CU is all but out of the picture now (and you can probably remove the "all but") and it's NOT because of his grades.
              I wonder if Teddy was one of the recruits in attendance for the mushroom cloud dropped in Omaha?
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2012/09/14/teddy-hawkins-in-iowa/

You better believe I'm going to be at that game at Sunrise!

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                  http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2012/09/14/teddy-hawkins-in-iowa/

You better believe I'm going to be at that game at Sunrise!
                  Whoa! From previous posts, I knew he was a pretty good player. Now I am thinking more than pretty good player.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                    Whoa! From previous posts, I knew he was a pretty good player. Now I am thinking more than pretty good player.
                    He always showed in his high school videos to be a quick high flying jumper. Coach Marshall said that he could shoot it from the perimeter. He was reported to be an athletic player with the ability to guard on the perimeter. The head, including hard work is the only thing that it seemed like he hadn't mastered yet. Maybe this stop in Iowa will be the place where he'll put all together especially if he gets with other players to whom basketball is important and a discipline oriented coach.

Comment

• His senior year he was asked to play center and stay off of the perimeter. I think that hurt his overall ranking.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        His senior year he was asked to play center and stay off of the perimeter. I think that hurt his overall ranking.
                        He was still #4 in Ohio.

Comment

• According to this article, Hawkins is visiting Ohio State this weekend and is looking for a scholarship offer.

It implies that he is NOT committed to Wichita State.

Comment

• Huh?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Oh wow....

Comment

• Denzell Bowles, part deux . . .

"psssst, hey Deontae. You're better than Wichita State. You need to go big time!"

I think it was inevitable, given the opportunity (expiring LOI), he would look around.

Comment

Working...
                                X