X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KC Shox
    Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Originally posted by KC Shox
    This team is not ready for Baylor. But, it does show promise. Another 17-14 season with the team being tantilizing close to making the NIT is my prediction.
    Wow.

You went ahead and called out the record and type of post-season based on the team's first game.

Wow.
    You damn skippy! Please don't tell me you think this is a 20 game winner and NCAA Tourney team?
    I don't know what to think yet... considering, once again, we're only one game in... that's ONE GAME IN for emphasis purposes.

Sure, we didn't look good. Sure when we had 'em up 17, we should have went into overdrive and spanked 'em by 30. Sure, we still have A LOT to work on. But it's a win. And at this point, I'm sure Kentucky, USC, etc. wish they could say the same in their opening games against weak competition.

Even the great Southern Illinois University, Sweet 16 representatives of a year ago, opened last year with a 6 (yes 6) point pounding of Division II Quincy, Ill. in Carbondale.

I know it's in your nature to go negative on everything WSU-related all the time. But at least wait 5-10 games in before doing so, so you can retain some sort of credibility in here..
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl

When they're "on" from 3 pt range like they were tonight, this team has giant killer written all over them.
      APB - 43.5%

WSU - 45%

:whistle:

Comment

• KC Shox---after the abuse you have earned here on SN---you are like a Timex and you just keep ticking and coming back for more.. You and FSF should have been on the SN dream team! It had to be a conspiracy that we were slighted baby? Or not. However, Dennis may have uprooted your claims to SN Public Enemy #1? Did you hear him bellowing that night like a calf in a hail-storm? Sometimes, I actually agree with some of your ideas and that scares me half to death KC Shox. Yikes!!!!!!! :shock:

The Shockers should win around 22 , but that is nothing more then just my opinion. Sometimes (many times) my heart gets ahead of logic with the Shocks, but I really believe they can pull this off.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
          This team is not ready for Baylor. But, it does show promise. Another 17-14 season with the team being tantilizing close to making the NIT is my prediction.
          Wow.

You went ahead and called out the record and type of post-season based on the team's first game.

Wow.
          Not any more ridiculous than the posters calling out the minutes played and scoring averages of our players before the first practice. Not any more ridiculous, just equally ridiculous. After our exhibitions and our first real game I predict that barring tragedy we will show up and play our games and the team scoring the most points will be the victor.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• I looked up APB n CHN's pre-season rankings. They are listed as #205 out of 341 Division 1 schools, just behind Colorado (#199) and Colorado State (#200). They are obviously not a power, but they were ranked ahaead of both Mercer and Gardner Webb by CHN preseason. They are not a bottom of the barrell team. Since we were missing one of our top 7 players, I don't think the game was all that bad, although I can't comment a whole lot, since I wasn't able to watch it. With more consistency, this group could finish top 4 in the valley.

Comment

• I was in the student section 4th row holding the Lance Harris head poster :lol:

I thought the student section was good for the most part... I might be spoiled from the last 4 yrs but I kinda expect the paying fans to show maybe a little more support ( yes it was pine-bluff not SIU or Creighton). It took forever for the wave to get going and people were leaving at the under 4:00 timeout. When they started to come back on us i thought the crowd could have been a little more supportive by standing or helping out with the student section chants....

Bad assessment? or too much to ask for a team like Pine-Bluff?
              Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

• Originally posted by baylrballa
                Originally posted by rjl

When they're "on" from 3 pt range like they were tonight, this team has giant killer written all over them.
                APB - 43.5%

WSU - 45%

Don't know what you're whistling about, but 43.5% 3 point shooting for a team that took 23 shots is pretty damn good. They shot 53.3% in the first half. And maybe one or two of them was an 'easy' shot. Most of them were with a defender's hand right in their face. That's what I'm talking about.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Good start, Shockers! :wsu_posters:

Comment

• 1. Mattie had about as gooda game as he has ever had in black & gold, err, white.
                    2. Gal is gonna get a lotta shots blocked.
                    3. I see what all the fuss was about with Durley.
                    4. No, Burley will likely not get a scholarship next year.
                    5. Clemente is better than Ryan Martin, but similar.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl

APB - 43.5%

WSU - 45%

He's whislting proudly because what he fails to recognize is that shooting like that was their only real chance to stay in the game. If they would have shot their normal percentage, our basketball expert from Baylor (oxymoron) wouldn't be here at all.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl

APB - 43.5%

WSU - 45%
                        Grasshopper, I realize you have no context or historical reference to judge WSU but Wichita State last two years held their opponents to around 33% 3pt shooting - the best in the MVC. So when opponents shoots a higher than that we assume thats an aberration.

Meanwhile WSU has Shot around 37 to 38% for the past seasons. So shooting 45% is not much an aberration exspecially against the quality of opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
                          Originally posted by ABC
                          What's your prediction about Kentuck, Michigan State and Ohio State?
                          Hmmmm...good question. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they will be on TV quite a bit, get a lot of pub on ESPN and the other media outlets, be ranked in the Top 25 based on their name recognition (they'll earn it however) and make the NCAA Tourney.

Oh, and I will rekindle all the hate by the time this season's over and live up to be my second moniker on Shockernet - Public Enemy Number 1.
                          I see. After WSU's 1st game win you predict a long season.

After Kentucky, Michigan State and Ohio State's 1st game losses, you predict success.

You bring it on yourself.

Comment

• I find it rather peculiar that those of you are jamming on KC for predicting 17-14 season after our "first" game are at the same time predicting we're going to win 20-22 after three lackluster games.

I hope that those of you drinking spiked Cool-Aide are right, but I don't see it at this point-in-time.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Originally posted by DPruett2333
                              We won. The crowd was weak.
                              Weak?

My we are getting a bit spoiled. It was Ark-Pine-Blue after all...?

Check the crowds I got to enjoy 1991-1994... then you will know what weak is..

T

...8)
                              A very true statement :cry: Better Days! :clap:

Go Shocks!!!!
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Is it (yellow kool-aid) "taste great" or "less filling"? Personally I'm in the taste great camp :good:

Regarding the record, I'm reserving final judgment but I think 17-20 wins is in ballpark given the newbies, a new coach & system for the returning players. For the moment Valley play is unknown with the amount of turnover from last season, will it work for us or against us, I suspect early lumps then marked improvement and a run in the tourney.

Go Shocks!!!!
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X