No announcement yet.

WSU v. Ark Pine Bluff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree. Many things have to go right for this team to be successful. It is too early to be making predictions about the number of wins and post season play. Personally, I think it is likely that this team will take a few hits early in the season – it is only natural given the turnover. Not to mention the fact that this is a relatively inexperienced team – I for one am reserving judgment until I see this team win some real road games.

Moreover, we still don't know if or when EO is going to show up. Even if he does we don’t really know if he can contribute right away or how he will jell with the team. It might take some time to work him into the system.

Comment

• I'm not baggin on KC for picking us to go 17-14. I'm not baggin on anyone who thinks we'll get 22 wins. I'm baggin on those making season-long predictions after ONE game of play. I know it's a message board, and I know us as fans like to say what we want and predict away. I just think it's unfair to start associating records with our team, whether it's 17 wins or 22 wins, based on the very first game of the season.

Comprende?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• A-PB might've beaten KSU last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
          I'm not baggin on KC for picking us to go 17-14. I'm not baggin on anyone who thinks we'll get 22 wins. I'm baggin on those making season-long predictions after ONE game of play. I know it's a message board, and I know us as fans like to say what we want and predict away. I just think it's unfair to start associating records with our team, whether it's 17 wins or 22 wins, based on the very first game of the season.

Comprende?
          si.... yo quiero Taco Bell.... 8)
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Dad
            I looked up APB n CHN's pre-season rankings. They are listed as #205 out of 341 Division 1 schools, just behind Colorado (#199) and Colorado State (#200). They are obviously not a power, but they were ranked ahaead of both Mercer and Gardner Webb by CHN preseason. They are not a bottom of the barrell team. Since we were missing one of our top 7 players, I don't think the game was all that bad, although I can't comment a whole lot, since I wasn't able to watch it. With more consistency, this group could finish top 4 in the valley.
            Well, I guess I've just been educated concerning the sleeping giant that is APB of the mega-power SWAC conference. Give me a break.
            It is what it is and the attempts to build up the Golden Lions is noble, but don't lose sight of the facts.
            1) The SWAC is consistently the lowest rated D-1 conference in the country. There is a reason they are an annual 16 seed and fodder for some BCS goblin.
            2) Trying to justify their 3 pointers as keeping them in the game is absurd. The real point is the final should have been 81-56. I'll take holding every team to 56 points. AFB's defense was laughable and only scoring 61 against them should be a real concern.
            3) Lower level players (for the most part) are playing at the APB's of the world for a reason. They belong there. Trying to make them into the next globetrotters may be cute, but really, really reaching.
            It's a win. Not pretty, but better than an 'L". There is a lot of work to do and CGM has a whole season to 'apply corrective measures'. 8)
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harold_Shox
              I've always been sort of partial to this one:
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=8T4aUW7DH-Q
              Thanks, I just spent 30 minutes watching that clip. When are you guys going to learn that "The Shot" is my weakness? :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockra
                Originally posted by Harold_Shox
                I've always been sort of partial to this one:
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=8T4aUW7DH-Q
                Thanks, I just spent 30 minutes watching that clip. When are you guys going to learn that "The Shot" is my weakness? :D

That was good, but not what I was expecting.

When I read "The Shot", I just assumed it was film of Mike Jones hitting the shot to beat KU in the Battle of New Oreans 66-65.

I guess it is a generational thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock
                  Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  I'm not baggin on KC for picking us to go 17-14. I'm not baggin on anyone who thinks we'll get 22 wins. I'm baggin on those making season-long predictions after ONE game of play. I know it's a message board, and I know us as fans like to say what we want and predict away. I just think it's unfair to start associating records with our team, whether it's 17 wins or 22 wins, based on the very first game of the season.

Comprende?
                  si.... yo quiero Taco Bell.... 8)
                  Sí. Quiero una hamburguesa con patatas fritas medio, por favor.

Comment

• Carne Asada Fries from Alejandros >>>>>>

Comment

Working...
                    X