No announcement yet.

WSU v. Ark Pine Bluff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockerfan, no offense, but their starting PF was listed at 6'3".

Comment

• Only problem with that is there is no depth at PG.

Matt cant play every minute of every game no matter how much he/we want him to

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
        Only problem with that is there is no depth at PG.

No, but I don't think we should fault Gal too much for being a poor to mediocre PG when he played an outstanding game as a SG. Why not blame WP for not being able to back up Matty as his natural position?

This is not to say that Gal doesn't have anything to work on. He does. We are going to have to get used to a lack of depth on this team. Hopefully CGM can disguise that weakness without playing 3 guys 38 minutes a game.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
          Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

No, but I don't think we should fault Gal too much for being a poor to mediocre PG when he played an outstanding game as a SG. Why not blame WP for not being able to back up Matty as his natural position?

This is not to say that Gal doesn't have anything to work on. He does. We are going to have to get used to a lack of depth on this team. Hopefully CGM can disguise that weakness without playing 3 guys 38 minutes a game.
          Im not going to place the blame on anybody honestly. Last year there was a HUGE miscommunication barrier between Turg and Gal in regards to the PG postition. At least thats the way I read it in the papers. But anyways Gal is definently more suited for a 2 guard with his game and we need him to step into the PG role when Matty B Awesome isnt out there. But I think as time goes on he will fill in pretty nicely.

At least this coach wont take him out of the game and let him get in a groove unlike our previous coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
            Originally posted by KC Shox
            Originally posted by ShockerFever
            Originally posted by KC Shox
            This team is not ready for Baylor. But, it does show promise. Another 17-14 season with the team being tantilizing close to making the NIT is my prediction.
            Wow.

You went ahead and called out the record and type of post-season based on the team's first game.

Wow.
            You damn skippy! Please don't tell me you think this is a 20 game winner and NCAA Tourney team?
            I don't know what to think yet... considering, once again, we're only one game in... that's ONE GAME IN for emphasis purposes.

Sure, we didn't look good. Sure when we had 'em up 17, we should have went into overdrive and spanked 'em by 30. Sure, we still have A LOT to work on. But it's a win. And at this point, I'm sure Kentucky, USC, etc. wish they could say the same in their opening games against weak competition.

Even the great Southern Illinois University, Sweet 16 representatives of a year ago, opened last year with a 6 (yes 6) point pounding of Division II Quincy, Ill. in Carbondale.

I know it's in your nature to go negative on everything WSU-related all the time. But at least wait 5-10 games in before doing so, so you can retain some sort of credibility in here..
            First off, I'm not negative on everything WSU related. I distinctly remember complimenting how nice the women's volleyball team look in those short shorts - uummmmkaayyy. Second, I understand my 'realistic' point-of-view rubs some people the wrong way, but in this particular case, I do not feel my prediction was negative.

I predicted this team would be tantilizing close to the NIT. I predict something along the lines of last year, when it appeared we would turn the corner then ended up losing like 5 out of the last 7 or something like that to knock us out of contention for post season. This is an inexperienced team for the most part, making adjustments to a new coach, new style of play and new line-ups.

There will most definitely be growing pains and the odds are, it will take at least a year for this team to get it right. 17-14 is not a bad record for this new era of Shocker b-ball. I'm being patient and giving it time, I'm not being negative.

Now, if we blow a 5-10 point second half lead to Baylor this Friday and lose the game, I'll be smokin hot because the team should have learned from Pine Bluff not to relax and to finish off an opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan
              Shockerfan, no offense, but their starting PF was listed at 6'3".
              No offense taken as that is their SF...same listed height as PJ...Gunter who is listed as 6'1" is their PF/C as he is actually 6'9"

Gunter - C 6'9"
              Byrd - PF 6'7"
              Hamilton - SF 6'3"

Thomasson - C 6'7"
              Clemente - PF 6'6"
              Cousinard - SF 6'3"
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Harold_Shox
                1. Mattie had about as gooda game as he has ever had in black & gold, err, white.
                Last year's game at Wyo was even better.
                I've always been sort of partial to this one:
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=8T4aUW7DH-Q
                That game mixed with the "Last of the Mohicans" music at the end still gives me goosebumps.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Watching Clemente play D last night was truly enjoyable. I was lucky enough to get really good seats, and seeing him play up close is awesome. How could a guard not be intimidated. The facial expressions alone were scary. Not to mention the barking, yelling, and growling. What some are saying he lacks in size, I'm sure he will more than make up for in head games and intimidation.
                  That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
                    Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

I might sound like I am being hard on Mekel because my expectations for him are high. That is not a bad thing. I happen to think that the team needs him to play well at PG. His play at SG has been great this year but that is the position that I would like to see PJ get the majority of minutes. And next year, Hawkins will likely step into that role. It seems Mekel is being aggressive offensively – I like that. But when he playing PG he needs to concentrate on setting up his teammates and taking care of the basketball.

With regard to Preadom – I am not that hard on him because I don't expect as much. In my mind, WP has a different and important role on this team as a role players.

Comment

• Originally posted by rZ
                      Watching Clemente play D last night was truly enjoyable. I was lucky enough to get really good seats, and seeing him play up close is awesome. How could a guard not be intimidated. The facial expressions alone were scary. Not to mention the barking, yelling, and growling. What some are saying he lacks in size, I'm sure he will more than make up for in head games and intimidation.
                      Agreed, his heart, determination and energy alone makes up for 1-2" LOL
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan
                        Originally posted by calfan
                        No offense taken as that is their SF...same listed height as PJ...Gunter who is listed as 6'1" is their PF/C as he is actually 6'9"

Gunter - C 6'9"
                        Byrd - PF 6'7"
                        Hamilton - SF 6'3"

Thomasson - C 6'7"
                        Clemente - PF 6'6"
                        Cousinard - SF 6'3"
                        And Byrd played taller that 6-7. He had nice ups and very long arms.

Comment

• Originally posted by rZ
                          Watching Clemente play D last night was truly enjoyable. I was lucky enough to get really good seats, and seeing him play up close is awesome. How could a guard not be intimidated. The facial expressions alone were scary. Not to mention the barking, yelling, and growling. What some are saying he lacks in size, I'm sure he will more than make up for in head games and intimidation.
                          Sounds a little like X. If he ends up being a quarter of the player X was – I would take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                            Originally posted by shockerfan
                            Originally posted by calfan

Gunter - C 6'9"
                            Byrd - PF 6'7"
                            Hamilton - SF 6'3"

Thomasson - C 6'7"
                            Clemente - PF 6'6"
                            Cousinard - SF 6'3"
                            And Byrd played taller that 6-7. He had nice ups and very long arms.
                            Definately, he is a fine player.

Comment

• For some reason im feeling pretty good about our chances on Friday against baylor.
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Can’t believe I’m sticking up for KC…

He gets blasted for predicting 17 wins and borderline NIT. Then someone lobs 22 wins out there.

Everyone needs to look in the mirror and ask themselves would I take the over/under at 20 on $100 bet???

Comment

Working...
                                X