No announcement yet.

WSU v. Ark Pine Bluff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gardner-Webb win at Kentucky reminds this cat that we better "come to play" in each and every game. Their 2 best players seem to be 6'7" Willian Byrd who is a Senior and 6'2" Terrance Calvin according to the basketball magazines.

What I see with the Shockers is already a good Defense that will only get better. Great defense gives us a chance to win games as our Offense also progresses. We also need time to learn together and improve chemistry together. In the interim, hopefully we can squeak out our share of wins. As the Season continues---this will come together and I predict that those who picked us 6th or lower in the Valley will have egg on their red faces.

PT, PJ, GM, MB, should start for sure. MG has surprised me with his ability to rebound. However, he is known as a scorer, and he has not scored yet. As Sub would say---"I'm not worried". Mr. Clemente likes those bank shots that kiss off the glass. Sam Jones with the Boston Celtic's-- way back when--- was awesome at that. Look for either RC or MG to get the nod on the last starting position.

It is still early but I truly believe we will be a top 4 Valley team this year which would still surpass what we did last year. Actually, 2nd or third in the Valley and winning the MVC Tourney is my gut feeling. See you all out there Tuesday and let's get that 1st win under our belts and GET THIS SHOCKER PARTY STARTED!!!!!!!
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Re: WSU v. Ark Pine Bluff

Deleted
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
        Well, they lost by 27 to UTEP...
        Ouch.

Comment

Arkansas Tech @ WSU PJ 4 fouls
          Pittsburg St. @ WSU PJ 4 fouls
          This has to stop!!
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Experimentation should be mostly over. It's time to get the team together and I think you will see our two lines solidify. The starters need some time to get a feel for each other's instincts before the Paradise Jam.

P.J
            Gal
            Matt
            Mantas
            Phillip

Ramon
            Aaron
            J.T
            Wendell
            Bret or Graham

Ramon could switch with Mantas at times.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
              The Gardner-Webb win at Kentucky reminds this cat that we better "come to play" in each and every game. Their 2 best players seem to be 6'7" Willian Byrd who is a Senior and 6'2" Terrance Calvin according to the basketball magazines.

What I see with the Shockers is already a good Defense that will only get better. Great defense gives us a chance to win games as our Offense also progresses. We also need time to learn together and improve chemistry together. In the interim, hopefully we can squeak out our share of wins. As the Season continues---this will come together and I predict that those who picked us 6th or lower in the Valley will have egg on their red faces.

PT, PJ, GM, MB, should start for sure. MG has surprised me with his ability to rebound. However, he is known as a scorer, and he has not scored yet. As Sub would say---"I'm not worried". Mr. Clemente likes those bank shots that kiss off the glass. Sam Jones with the Boston Celtic's-- way back when--- was awesome at that. Look for either RC or MG to get the nod on the last starting position.

It is still early but I truly believe we will be a top 4 Valley team this year which would still surpass what we did last year. Actually, 2nd or third in the Valley and winning the MVC Tourney is my gut feeling. See you all out there Tuesday and let's get that 1st win under our belts and GET THIS SHOCKER PARTY STARTED!!!!!!!
              I don't remember if it was Gardner-Webb or Grand Valley State (who upset Michigan State) that the team had 6 D1 transfers playing form them. The more I think about it, it was GVSU (per Randy Smithson on KGSO last week).

It's getting more dangerous to assume that D2 means pushover/tune-up game. :whistle: :whistle:
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Is Arkansas P-B Div. 2 or Div. 1?

Comment

D-1
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Bruce Heartl interviewed HCGM last night on a segment of Sports Sunday.

HCGM said he was really hoping that they would pitch a shutout in the 1st half of the PSU game. He said he knows many of the fans were probably getting tired of clapping but he really likes the stand for defense and says he thinks the rythmic clapping really helps the guys bear down.

Maybe we can get the shut out tonight. Would that not be something to behold.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

I like the tradition of standing and clapping until the other team scores. It adds alot of pressure for the other team. Which of course helps our team.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                        I like the tradition of standing and clapping until the other team scores. It adds alot of pressure for the other team. Which of course helps our team.
                        Also, when we used to Stand For Offense we would occassionally get off to a slow start. Two things would generally happen. The longer it went the more pressure it seemed to put on our guys and it was also harder for the crowd to sustain.

When Standing For Defense you actually get more pumped up about it the longer it goes (at least I do).

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                          That would be.. In fact, I think we will pitch the shut out tonight, considering we're not playing.. :D
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                            That would be.. In fact, I think we will pitch the shut out tonight, considering we're not playing.. :D
                            My bad, although I will be watching a Shocker Basketball game at the Arena tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                              My bad, although I will be watching a Shocker Basketball game at the Arena tonight.
                              That would be cool. I'd gladly stand all night tonight for that.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Rivals.com has picked William Byrd, a 6-7 Forward for Ark-Pine Bluff, as the SWAC Preseason Player of the year.

In other words: Clemente, Thomasson, Gris, Durley or whoever better be ready to roll from the get-go, and shut him down.

Anybody have any insight on this kid? What type of player is he? I'm guessing that he likes to play pretty physical, but I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X