No announcement yet.

WSU v. Ark Pine Bluff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APB is a Senior dominated team. This was a good test against players who arent as talented but wont let up and have loads of experience. They are picked second in their conference and received some votes for 1st.

Uneven effort but great experience. The rebounding and presence of MG was sorely missed and fatigue probably played a part in making up for his absence!

luv those Shox! :posterwsu: 8) 8) 8) 8) :posterwu: :goshocks:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• We need Clemente on the post-game show every game.

"It was the Shocker Maniacs that made me come here".
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• We have a LOT of work to do. If we don't get a few things ironed out, Baylor will lay us out on Friday. We look good for peaking at the end of the year. :goshocks:

Comment

• This team is not ready for Baylor. But, it does show promise. Another 17-14 season with the team being tantilizing close to making the NIT is my prediction.

Comment

• At this point, I would have to agree; once we find and "identity" on offense, look out.

Comment

• Clemente represent the NYC!

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• We won. The crowd was weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333
                  We won. The crowd was weak.
                  What game were you at? Crowd was great...especially in the second half.
                  Jocks & Jills
                  3236 N. Rock Rd
                  Wichita, KS 67226
                  316-260-9800
                  http://www.jocks-jills.com
                  http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

• ...at times, it was loud. ...not very often.

Comment

• some sweet highlights on www.goshockers.com

gals layup was sweet.
                      pj's 3 was nice lookin.
                      many easy layups.
                      pretty sweet stuff
                      veni, vidi, vici

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
                        This team is not ready for Baylor. But, it does show promise. Another 17-14 season with the team being tantilizing close to making the NIT is my prediction.
                        holy crap ballz, you are actually predicting 17 wins..............

whose got the blinders on now? lmao

Comment

• The operative word here being "lot" because there is no excuse for not beating APB by 20+.

There may not be excuses but there are certainly 'reasons'. First off, if you weren't at the game you have no idea how wild some of their well guarded threes were that went in. S*** happens. Thankfully it happened tonight and we come out with a W. Ask a lot of top 25 teams that are losing to the Pine Bluffs (or worse) of the world this November about crazy things that happen. I'm guessing they aren't sweating results too much that happen before Thanksgiving.

A season making win over the Golden Lions of APB. I'm sure this one will catch the committee's eye's come March
                          The only possible relevance a game on Nov. 13 has to March is that these cats played five seniors and are the kind of pesky team that will be a 15 seed in March and may give some 2 seed a huge headache for 30 minutes before the better team pulls away.

Edit- one other thing. I hope the veterans and others tell coach that this is not the 'loud crowd' he kept hearing about because I thought it was pretty tame. But hey, its the first game of the season for them too. It will get much louder and vocal - we all know that. As the weather gets colder, the building gets better every year.

Realizing we got sloppy at the end, being at the game I come away with a good feeling and a realistic cautious optimism for the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333
                            We won. The crowd was weak.
                            Weak?

My we are getting a bit spoiled. It was Ark-Pine-Blue after all...?

Check the crowds I got to enjoy 1991-1994... then you will know what weak is..

T

...8)

Comment

• Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                              some sweet highlights on www.goshockers.com

gals layup was sweet.
                              pj's 3 was nice lookin.
                              many easy layups.
                              pretty sweet stuff
                              gal needs to learn how to use his left hand on a layup! He will get swatted all season with that bass ackwards layup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hill Sitter
                                The operative word here being "lot" because there is no excuse for not beating APB by 20+.
                                Whatever.

There may not be excuses but there are certainly 'reasons'. First off, if you weren't at the game you have no idea how wild some of their well guarded threes were that went in. S*** happens. Thankfully it happened tonight and we come out with a W. Ask a lot of top 25 teams that are losing to the Pine Bluffs (or worse) of the world this November about crazy things that happen. I'm guessing they aren't sweating results too much that happen before Thanksgiving.

A season making win over the Golden Lions of APB. I'm sure this one will catch the committee's eye's come March
                                The only possible relevance a game on Nov. 13 has to March is that these cats played five seniors and are the kind of pesky team that will be a 15 seed in March and may give some 2 seed a huge headache for 30 minutes before the better team pulls away.

Realizing we got sloppy at the end, being at the game I come away with a good feeling and a realistic cautious optimism for the season.

You are so right sir! :posterwsu: 8) :posterwu: :goshocks:
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X