No announcement yet.

WSU v. Ark Pine Bluff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The free hand HCGM has given to the players is great, but I still think our patience running the offense and our shot selection can improve.

Do we really want PJ our #6 man in FG attempts.

Great floor game for Matt. 8 assists to 1 turnove is great.

Gal still giveths and Gal still taketh away. Hopefully, he can contine the giveth part of his game and eliminate the taketh away. Gal looks very solid at the shooting guard postion. Does not seem to have a point guard mentality or feel.

Pretty solid job of rebounding by the Shocks.

Both teams shot the ball pretty well. Pine Bluff was better than I thought they would be.

Crowd was OK but never maintained their intensity whenever we would pull out to decent lead. Just when we should have been raising the roof off the building the crowd would sit on its hands. There were several opportunities to really get behind the team and we failed to do it.

Comment

• I've never been, but I imagine Pine Bluff's practice court has a large 7' chain-link fence erected on the 3pt line, and all the players must shoot the ball with their chest against it.

That's how well guarded no less than half of their shots were, and they still went in.

When they're "on" from 3 pt range like they were tonight, this team has giant killer written all over them.

The consecutive off-the-ball offensive fouls in the second half completely took any flow out of our offense. What the hell was going on? I can't imagine we were being that egregious 3 possessions in a row. The one official must have really not liked something we were doing under the basket, or Ark PB must of had some baiting technique down pat.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I have some more on the fanhood topic but I thought the fans were pretty darned solid tonight and a HUGE upgrade from the preseason.

Some non-game highlights:

Ok, after listening to me gripe for 5 years we finally got a pregame opening worthy of CKA. The Citation shapeshifting into an F16 and working its way around Wichita and then WSU while targeting Pine Bluff and then unloading a few rounds into the billboard was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Somebody please tell me you get that on youtube??!!!

The students that were in attendance were WAY above average. Congrats to the students that were there, you guys WERE OUTSTANDING!

I thought the crowd was really into the game for the most part. Just like the team, rooms for lots of improvement from a bunch of you. I am way too old and tired to keep cheerleading all season folks.

Game Notes:

I was (and still am) very concerned about several shortcomings. However, there continue to be signs of optimism each game. This was most certainly not a top 25 team we struggled with tonight but we did have them down 17 in the 2nd half. If a couple of those 3s don't go we probably shell them by 30+. They really played with poise and control and effort for most of the night.

Matt was more like his old self tonight. Really played like a Senior. PJ had moments of brilliance but we need a lot more than moments. Phil was pretty good as was Ramon but we have to be able to score when we get the ball in as many good positions as we did and that is a little scary. If we struggle against PB.......man the season could get long, fast.

JT showed his talent....BIG TIME. Gotta be more consistent though. 12 in the 1st half and no show in the 2nd isn't going to get it done.

Gal was more of the same. Really talented on the offensive side, sloppy at times with the ball. Too soft defensively.

Wendell continues to be one dimensional which saddens me because he is such a good kid. AE really played like a freshman but man is he talented.

B2 was petrified out there. I felt bad for him but he certainly was trying and I will never fault him for that......but man was he scared.

No Lance, Graham or Bret. Mantas on probation. Butler hurt. Orupke still overseas. AJ practicing.

We need a lot of help before Friday but there is hope and progress. If we play D like we can we should be in most games.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

• Mr. Clemente lays in the 1st Shocker bucket of the year with the assist from #22 who had 8 total tonight. Did you see the young boy (tallest one) during the dance contest at half-time? Did you see him bust some moves and then fall straight to the floor flopping around while brake dancing? He was simply simulating the same moves from FSF up in the stands during the 1st half when APB kept draining them contested threes? However, you live by the 3 and you can die by the 3, and I'm not Bluffing, so to speak. :shock:

JT silenced some critics the 1st half. He is quite gifted and it is nice to see him coming along so well early on. Gal is a scorer and that behind the back lay-up was so cool I had to slip on my shades. 8) PT is looking good and we need that leadership presence from him inside. PJ will normally get more touches but he did hit some big shots late. PJ does so much for us defensively and Coach is very aware of that. :poster_cooz:

We are rebounding well and only allowed 2 offensive rebounds from them tonight which is awesome. Our boxing out is paying big dividends. Too bad MG could not play. He will just add to our quality depth. Then when EO gets here in Dec. ------watch out!!!!!!!
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I know its early and all, but once this team jells together, we will be a very dangerous team that nobody wants to play
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
              This team is not ready for Baylor. But, it does show promise. Another 17-14 season with the team being tantilizing close to making the NIT is my prediction.
              What's your prediction about Kentuck, Michigan State and Ohio State?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC
                Originally posted by KC Shox
                This team is not ready for Baylor. But, it does show promise. Another 17-14 season with the team being tantilizing close to making the NIT is my prediction.
                mass suicides
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Had fun at the game tonight. My thoughts are probably consistent with how most feel.

I wish PJ was a little more selfish with the ball.

Durley should have had a cape and a mask on because I've never seen that guy. If he can give us some of that (not even all of it) each half, he'll be a solid contributor and staring at some point.

I don't know if we missed Mantas tonight. I never felt like the end result of the game was ever in doubt. One thing that really caught my attention - the starters played almost 10 minutes the 1st half without a substitution. I think it really showed late in the game. The Shocks looked tired, couldn't make stops, and mentally just weren't in the game. There were a few times in the 2nd half where it looked like Clemente, PJ and even Gal needed a break but they didn't get one. It made for funny lineups and there was a lot of inconsistency on the offensive end.

I wish PJ was a little more selfish - maybe someone could show him some of Jason Perez's games.

Let's be honest, ARK PB came in here to shoot 3 balls, and they did. They actually shot them pretty well. It's difficult to defend a team like that because you leave yourself open for the drive - so I'm completely happy with the win. Congrats to Ark PB on a well played game, it just seemd like any one of their players who had it was capable of hitting that outside shot.

Looking forward to this weekend's games and hope the guys and team have a great time. If you're on SN and you're making the trip, I hate you. :( :D

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                    Do we really want PJ our #6 man in FG attempts.
                    I thought he played like he had the night off. He'll have to be more assertive this year looking for his offense.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• He was still there for that 1 big shot to ensure the win, though he could have relieved a bit of drama by hitting his free throws.

Comment

• One of the most important facets in winning games in my opinion, is playing your best players the proper amount of minutes. Last year, I felt like we let the N. Iowa home loss slip through our fingers for that very reason. N. Iowa played their to 3 players all over 30 minutes. We chose not to do that. Even though they got fatiguied, their 3 gamers were very instumental for them beating us here in Wichita.

Yes, tonight we had some tired players who had to play alot of minutes. Even Coach Marshall said after the game that he was uncomfortable doing it any other way. We got out with the win and in time, our bench will continue to develop. We are undefeated thus far this year and our future looks much brighter then only 17 wins this Season. Closer to 22 wins in my opinion than 17. Even so, we will when more games than last year and we will raise the bar of excellence.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC
                          Hmmmm...good question. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they will be on TV quite a bit, get a lot of pub on ESPN and the other media outlets, be ranked in the Top 25 based on their name recognition (they'll earn it however) and make the NCAA Tourney.

Oh, and I will rekindle all the hate by the time this season's over and live up to be my second moniker on Shockernet - Public Enemy Number 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
                            Wow.

You went ahead and called out the record and type of post-season based on the team's first game.

Wow.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
                              Wow.

You went ahead and called out the record and type of post-season based on the team's first game.

Wow.
                              You damn skippy! Please don't tell me you think this is a 20 game winner and NCAA Tourney team?

Comment

• Based upon schedule, location and known Valley quantities, it is my belief that 17-14 is the bottom of the totem pole.

Anything worse than that would be beyond dissappointing and surprising to this fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X