No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you not love the guy. I don't care if he didn't live up to the hype. I think all of us outside of Cold were pretty sure that he wouldn't. But he's been a solid player who's given us some good D and exciting moments. And on top of that, he's a fist class representative of this university and Shocker Nation.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Somewhere up there Old Blue Eyes is serenading Orukpe:

And noooooooooow ... the end is heeeerrrrre.
      And so I faaaaaaace, the final currrrrtain.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• If EO plays good in the Dance, he will not be a bust. I want to see him rebound and block shots,and yes, the occasional dunk. He is more athletic than any 7 footer he has come up against. His first test is against the Panthers.

Comment

• Orupke's favorite class was my least favorite. It took me a while to get all the series and sequences down. I even liked the all proofs Advanced Calculus better than Calc 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            How can you not love the guy. I don't care if he didn't live up to the hype. I think all of us outside of Cold were pretty sure that he wouldn't.
            ..kind of a dumbass comment. This wisdom you speak of with regard to "all of us being pretty sure" EO wouldn't live up to the hype.. is that something only available to the "Fraternity of Referees"?????!!!!!1111 Any chance I can tap into this brain trust FTW!!!!

Nobody had a clue what EO was capable of which is why even ChicKUn U started to get active into his recruiting causing him to publicly recommit that he was coming to Wichita State. His physical assets alone demand respect from any major college in the nation. If he even kind of got the game of basketball, he could be dominant. He is just that superior physically to the typical college player. He still has a few games left, but I am mystified why his tremendous progress seemed to falter midway through the season. I think his rigorous course work has affected his focus on basketball. His academics are clearly #1 to him and basketball is #2. I thought with the kind of discipline that EO clearly has, his trendline would be consistent and steady. Perhaps he is still hurting physically?

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
              Orupke's favorite class was my least favorite. It took me a while to get all the series and sequences down. I even liked the all proofs Advanced Calculus better than Calc 2.
              I thought I heard that it was his favorite because it was his first course at Wichita State after years of trying to get here, but that may not be true. I think my favorite math course was Diff Eq but Calc II was probably my second favorite (also my first course at Wichita State).

Comment

• We have geniuses here on Shockernet!
                In the fast lane

Comment

• So is EO gonna drop that 18 Thursday afternoon? Might be his last crack at it.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If he would have continued to improve at the rate he was improving, at the start of the year when I made that prediction, he very well could have had a game like that. Something stalled his progress and he has never quite regained the swagger and domination he showed against Iowa. That is also the game where he got hurt.

Oh well... there will never be another physical specimen like EO in my lifetime playing for WSU. There will be many more better players, but never a man like EO. *wipes tear away*

He was like a god walking amongst mere mortals. He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and muscles so defined they made Rambo look like a hobo. In other words, Ehimen Orukpe was the balls.

*sigh*

T

Comment

• Fair enough, Cold. Fair enough.

Maybe before it's all said and done, you could drop another original EO pick-up game photo down on this thread for nostalgic purposes... *sigh*
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• When all is said and done, basketball is a form of entertainment. A player like Xavier McDaniel was exceptionally entertaining based on his tenacity, his ability, and his determination. That's entertainment!

EO is one of the more entertaining players in WSU's history. It's great to see him on the court. It's great to watch what happens to opponents when they get into an area he's defending and either abandon any intentions they had or more or less give the ball to the Shox one way or another.

I was hoping and expecting that his stat lines would be better than he's had, but I still love to see him on the court. That's the basic fundamental of anything involving entertainment. EO is capable of putting butts in seats and getting people to watch on TV. That's what it's all about, so EO is a successful basketball player, despite his lack of racking up stats.

I look forward to following EO's career after WSU. I think that if he chooses basketball, he's got a shot at the NBA in a couple of years. He may choose something more academic.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• This isn't one of my originals but good God does it get my blood pumping. He looks like Zeus to me in this photo. So much potential... so much potential... :cry:

T

Comment

• Just think what would of been if he had been able to come here as a freshman instead of having to go to Three Rivers for a couple of years. I think he lost two years of development as a result.

Comment

• I am not going to take the time to read the 158 pages here so forgive me if this point has already been made. I think a lot of EO's value when he is on the court is an intangible that simply cannot be measured. Once he has rejected someone that individual AND their teammates take notice and, more times than not, stop trying to attack the rim and HIM while he is in there. He is an intimidator and that intimidation is a valuable intangible you can't measure. Anyone remember Tulsa last year ? I thought he turned that game around and in our favor just with his intimidation. I think coaches like having that option to go to when their team is getting abused by someone in the paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                                ..kind of a dumbass comment. This wisdom you speak of with regard to "all of us being pretty sure" EO wouldn't live up to the hype.. is that something only available to the "Fraternity of Referees"?????!!!!!1111 Any chance I can tap into this brain trust FTW!!!!

Nobody had a clue what EO was capable of which is why even ChicKUn U started to get active into his recruiting causing him to publicly recommit that he was coming to Wichita State. His physical assets alone demand respect from any major college in the nation. If he even kind of got the game of basketball, he could be dominant. He is just that superior physically to the typical college player. He still has a few games left, but I am mystified why his tremendous progress seemed to falter midway through the season. I think his rigorous course work has affected his focus on basketball. His academics are clearly #1 to him and basketball is #2. I thought with the kind of discipline that EO clearly has, his trendline would be consistent and steady. Perhaps he is still hurting physically?

T

You calling anyone out for dumbass comments cracks me the hell up
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X