Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    He's been playing with pain, favoring his weak leg, running strange, and basically just not healing. This is all per HCGM.

T

...:cool:
    I think we all know how bad an ankle sprain can actually be. I know I've had one that I just dealt with the pain as best I could. It didn't heal up until I wasn't doing anything. And I wasn't a D-1 athlete either.

I am sure EO is doing all that he can to live with the pain. It will all be better one day and he will be just fine. I agree that he might need to sit out one to heal.

Comment

• Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        He's been playing with pain, favoring his weak leg, running strange, and basically just not healing. This is all per HCGM.

T

...:cool:
        When he came back into the game in the second half he had a slight limp.

Comment

• Nice to see the big man get some minutes tonight. He played well and we won. I hope we keep him on the court more going forward.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread before.

When EO does the post game, his voice is so deep and slow and sexy, I feel like I'm listening to a slow jam.

I feel like Isaac Hayes should have done a song about EO.

Comment

• EO had a nice game tonight. Great to see.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Our "team" is better when he plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                  Our "team" is better when he plays.
                  yep

Comment

• If we are going to make any type of run in the NCAA past the 1st round, we will definitely need EO to play well like he did last night.

Comment

• EO'S 10 rebounds had me at hello. We had 25 more rebounds than the Bears. Our assist total was way up and our turnovers was way down at around 8. Who knows, when we Dance, we may play some "big ball" with a taller lineup of EO, Cle, Hall, D-Will, and Armstead. However, Cle and Wiggy coming off the bench is some serious fresh firepower and instant Offense.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                        Our "team" is better when he plays.

Do we play better when he plays or do we play better when he plays good? Is it just minutes that matter? Does he always play good? I felt Lufile had some good minutes last night but I've seen him when he had a lot of bad minutes.

Comment

• IMO, he usually does "play good." He doesn't have to score. His presence on the court gives us more defensive confidence. Our defense is much better, because we have him to reject and/or alter shots; he also does a good job helping out on screens and recovering to guard his man. Because our defensive efficiency is much better, we get many more offensive opportunities for layups.

Comment

• I don't totally disagree that often he has been a strong contributor (I like that word better than played good). However, I think that a few times, he has had match up problems. For example, against Creighton, Echa... . ?? pushed him around with his bulk and was able to establish himself enough under the goal far enough where he could scored practically at will. Where as, Hall was able to keep the Ech man away from the basket better (out of his comfort zone) than EO. Then when Wragge replaced Echa.....??, he shot threes and stayed 20 ft. away from the basket, taking away EO's shot blocking strengths. He was ineffective in this instance also. So game planning has a little to do with whether he plays 20+ minutes or not. But usually, his shot blocking abilities are a strength. He is always good when we set up the all out full court press no matter who we play and you can see Marshall putting Cle in the game to put on the pressure with EO as the safety.

Comment

• NM

Comment

• Looking at Plus/Minus stats, the following chart indicates the number of games that a player has a +/- exceeding the team'smargin of victory/defeat for that game. We've played 25 games; 13 in conference.

All Games Conference
                                0-Lufile 11 7
                                2-Armstead 11 5
                                3-Wessel 8 3
                                5-Williams 11 7
                                11-Early 15 10
                                15-Wiggins 10 5
                                21-Orukpe 12 7
                                22-Hall 11 5
                                23-Van Vleet 8 6
                                31-Baker 13 6
                                32-Cotton 10 9
                                50-White 8 5
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X