Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
    Why not have him sign another LOI to keep another school from poaching him once he arrives?
    from what they were talking about on the radio this morning is WSU would have to release him from his LOI for another school to try and recruit. They said that isnt the issue.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• But the LOI only lasts a year, and that year is about up I believe. I'm not worried about it but I don't think what they said on the radio is entirely accurate.

Lets also not forget that Paul Miller I believe will be spending some time in Wichita over the summer. That could be a huge benefit.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Not sure, but if a student Visa is school specific--and I'd kind of be surprised if it weren't--signing a LOI with another school might mean another year or two in Nigeria.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
          But the LOI only lasts a year, and that year is about up I believe. I'm not worried about it but I don't think what they said on the radio is entirely accurate.

Lets also not forget that Paul Miller I believe will be spending some time in Wichita over the summer. That could be a huge benefit.
          I know Paul S. was on the radio and he was saying something like we would have to let him out of his LOI

Comment

• and that ain't gonna happen. We're happy he's here to play. I'm guessing you boys listened to KGSO for this info?
            what else did they say?

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
              Originally posted by SubGod22
              But the LOI only lasts a year, and that year is about up I believe. I'm not worried about it but I don't think what they said on the radio is entirely accurate.

I know Paul S. was on the radio and he was saying something like we would have to let him out of his LOI
              LOI ends as soon as this semester ends.

Comment

• I can’t find the article but I believe a little over a week ago an AD official was quoted in the Sunday WSU misc. article that the clock on the LOI does not begin until WSU can determine his eligibility. If that is true then no worries.

Comment

• No new info from radio this morning. To summarize:

They were suprised HCGM didn't have much to say, but said they were sick of talking about it.

He will be an immediate impact player when he gets here...but who wouldn't be.

We shouldn't expect too much from him...see Gal. He is an NBA prospect and will be great...but don't get too excited...but he will be outstanding...but he's not Hakeem...but he will produce immediately...but he's raw offensively...but he is an All-Valley player...but he's not a finished product...but he is a defensive presense...

That was the extent of the conversation. Sully added that he hadn't cleared the NCAA, but he is expected too and WSU would have to release him from his LOI in order for him to play at another D-I school.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
                    Originally posted by newshock1234

IDK, that what Paul S. was saying on the radio this morning.

Comment

• Wasn't it 5-22-07 when he signed his LOI last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock

The LOI does not take effect until the player is deemed eligible. WSU, as of a couple weeks ago, still had not received his "official" transcript. Therefore, the LOI clock technically has not started. I would imagine, that as soon as word on the visa reached campus, his transcripts were right behind beginning the time on the LOI.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
                          No new info from radio this morning. To summarize:

They were suprised HCGM didn't have much to say, but said they were sick of talking about it.

We shouldn't expect too much from him...see Gal. He is an NBA prospect and will be great...but don't get too excited...but he will be outstanding...but he's not Hakeem...but he will produce immediately...but he's raw offensively...but he is an All-Valley player...but he's not a finished product...but he is a defensive presense...

That was the extent of the conversation. Sully added that he hadn't cleared the NCAA, but he is expected too and WSU would have to release him from his LOI in order for him to play at another D-I school.
                          Did the really contradict everything they said like that? :D

Good Lord I can't wait for this!!!
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                            Originally posted by SB Shock

The LOI does not take effect until the player is deemed eligible. WSU, as of a couple weeks ago, still had not received his "official" transcript. Therefore, the LOI clock technically has not started. I would imagine, that as soon as word on the visa reached campus, his transcripts were right behind beginning the time on the LOI.
                            If that is in fact how it works then the quotes this morning make a lot more sense.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I am not claiming to be an expert on the LOI so you can take my opinion, based upon research, for what it's worth.

There is no expiration on the LOI. We are obligated to provide 1 year of financial aid and the SA is obligated to complete 1 year of scholastic attendance, period. There is no start or ending date on this agreement. The SA must attend the school he signs with, first, or he either 1)asks and is granted a release by that school to go elsewhere or 2)does not sign and loses 2 years of eligibility. There is no reason or cause to sign another LOI. It would hold no assurances that the 1st one does not hold.

In other words, do not worry. If there are concerns, they are placed elsewhere, no matter what DJA says.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                                Originally posted by wufan
                                No new info from radio this morning. To summarize:

Did the really contradict everything they said like that? :D

Good Lord I can't wait for this!!!
                                I had the same thoughts.

does he suck or his he good. hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X