Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
    I have noticed in the recent interviews of Coach Marshall that none of the interviewers has raised the EO subject.

The reason I found it odd is because there are not too many subjects of more interest to Shocker fans all across America and from pole to pole and from sea to sea.

I have suspected that Coach Marshall has told the interviewers in advance that he did not want to discuss the subject.

Nothing is worse than unfulfilled raised expectations. It always stings.

No, I am not mind reading. I am just guessing.
    I heard a caller to the pregame show the other day call and ask about him, but MK quickly played it off with they haven't heard anything. You can't tell me that someone in the dept. hasn't heard something, one way or the other.

But I still don't think he'll be here this year.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock
      Why don't we stick Okon's tail on a plane and go over and see what the heck is going on and get a plan ?

:cry:
      He!!.....send me over. I've got diplomatic skills!! And I need to be someplace warm right now.

Comment

777 , I hope your not yanking our collective chain. It is kind of funny that there hasn't been any word from the staff on EO. I think that CGM has a flair for the dramatic.

:good:

Comment

777 , I hope your not yanking our collective chain. It is kind of funny that there hasn't been any word from the staff on EO. I think that CGM has a flair for the dramatic.

I'm not one to get my hopes up, see my previous posts. But things are looking much better, since.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777

I'm not one to get my hopes up, see my previous posts. But things are looking much better, since.
            I hope you're right. We could use a 7 footer that runs like a deer against LSU, because they have TWO 6-11 bookends that both run the floor like a deer and block shots to boot...

In the first half of the Villanova game, Villanova has 7 made shots and LSU has 8 blocks with 3 minutes to go in the first half... 29-16 LSU...
            :goshocks:
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
              I have noticed in the recent interviews of Coach Marshall that none of the interviewers has raised the EO subject.

The reason I found it odd is because there are not too many subjects of more interest to Shocker fans all across America and from pole to pole and from sea to sea.

I have suspected that Coach Marshall has told the interviewers in advance that he did not want to discuss the subject.

Nothing is worse than unfulfilled raised expectations. It always stings.

No, I am not mind reading. I am just guessing.
              I would guess that this is a very good guess.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                From what we've heard from the athletic department it's almost certain that he won't be here. From what I've been hearing I'm not expecting him. I'd love for my thoughts and info to be wrong but I have a handful of people I completely trust when it comes to info and they haven't given me any reason to be hopeful. So if he's not here by late December he isn't going to play this year.
                You need to talk to your contacts in the athletic dept and see if they still feel the same. My hunch is they are down playing the situation, 'cause next week is going to be a great week. :yes:
                I hope you're right. But until I hear something otherwise from those I know are right more often than not I won't look for him to be here. No offense, but I don't recall you being one that's had inside info before and been correct. Not sure you've ever entered into those kind of comments either. If you prove me and my people wrong I'll put more faith into your comments in the future. But I've yet to hear anything positive. Maybe they're keeping quite? I hope that's the case. Time will tell.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

From what we've heard from the athletic department it's almost certain that he won't be here. From what I've been hearing I'm not expecting him. I'd love for my thoughts and info to be wrong but I have a handful of people I completely trust when it comes to info and they haven't given me any reason to be hopeful. So if he's not here by late December he isn't going to play this year.
                  You need to talk to your contacts in the athletic dept and see if they still feel the same. My hunch is they are down playing the situation, 'cause next week is going to be a great week. :yes:
                  I hope you're right. But until I hear something otherwise from those I know are right more often than not I won't look for him to be here. No offense, but I don't recall you being one that's had inside info before and been correct. Not sure you've ever entered into those kind of comments either. If you prove me and my people wrong I'll put more faith into your comments in the future. But I've yet to hear anything positive. Maybe they're keeping quite? I hope that's the case. Time will tell.
                  Sub, keep in mind that Lemuel is the poster who has a friend in Lagos. That certainly doesn't mean that he is right, but it might mean he has a source for info that others don't have.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I'm all for that. But until he ends up being correct about something like this I'll remain skeptical. I hope to God he earns my respect as someone who knows things. Or at least knows people who knows things.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                      I'm all for that. But until he ends up being correct about something like this I'll remain skeptical. I hope to God he earns my respect as someone who knows things. Or at least knows people who knows things.
                      I certainly don't blame you. I'm not getting my hopes up either, but I will at least be looking for news just in case.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Based on lemuel's new found optimism, here is the most optimistic view I will allow myself to have:

The coaches have received his test results. WSU has issued the necessary documentation, and the ball is now rolling to get his student visa.

In hearing some things about what obtaining the visa takes, I'll be cautiously optimistic that he'll be here, at best, by the end of December. But more likely in January so he can redshirt and practice with the team.

There. I had to balance out all of the "he won't be here this year" posts! :)

Comment

• Sub, you said you don't have any reason to trust 777 but how about me?

Comment

• Oh, I forgot

;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by lemuel777
                              if your wrong, im gonna haunt you down and torture you. Not Really, i will just ignore you, when you post
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by BA2929
                                Watch this guy be like 6'3" 134lbs when he shows up.... ;-)
                                Why so pestimistic? Frank Ben-Eze only shunk 4 inches when he came over.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X