No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When we're talking "bad roads" here's what we're talking about. The following is an excerpt from a rather colorful editorial from a journalist named UGOCHUKWU EJINKEONYE about the Lagos to Benin Expressway (EO lives in Benin).
    [/quote] Are you sure he's from Benin? Benin is 200 miles east of Lagos. I believe he is from Mushin, a suburb of Lagos (about 6 miles).[/quote]

He was listed on the Ebun Comets Web site as being from Benin City, which fit with what the coaches said about the distance he needed to travel.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Anyone else notice this little nugget: The lone center listed on the roster is Ehimen Orukpe, a 7-footer who is stuck in Nigeria and a presence on the team only due to his digitally altered mug shot in the media guide. from Shockers overcome size issues - so far?

Why digitally altered? I'm beginning to wonder if this dude really exists.

Comment

Digitally altered to have a consistent background with the photos of the other players. It may have put him in a suit as well.
        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Basketball Without Borders-Africa is an NBA sponsored event. Orupke was an all-star at this Fall's event. I don't think the NBA would take part in a scam.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
            Basketball Without Borders-Africa is an NBA sponsored event. Orupke was an all-star at this Fall's event. I don't think the NBA would take part in a scam.

They scam people out of money every night that pay to go to those games.

Comment

Dude your snark detector is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock

They scam people out of money every night that pay to go to those games.
                :yahoo:

Comment

bump

Any news?

Comment

my guess is that he will be in a uniform next season.
                    ________
                    No2 Vaporizer
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
                      Maybe...
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yep, that's my vote. I know some are worried about him jumping ship, but he appears to be very loyal to Okon. If Okon is here next year, I expect Orukpe to be, as well.

Comment

Which uniform?

Comment

Wuzee you're right. Orukpe has about a 5 hour drive to get to Lagos.

Next week is it. :yahoo:

Comment

What?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                                What?
                                Ditto.

He ain't gonna be here.

Comment

Working...
                                X