No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being very curious about the "road" comment, I talked today with a friend from Lagos, Nigeria who has many connections there. After I gave him some background on the situation and he read the article, he believes that Orukpe is full of "crap". He has a strong accent, so I didn't catch everything clearly as to why. But, I did get is that there is nothing wrong with roads in getting there and don't believe everything you hear coming from people in Nigeria. He is personally interested in investigating what is going on with Orukpe (he knows people who work at the West African Examinations Council office building), because generally athletes from Lagos should not have much problem getting a student VISA. His gut feeling is that something is being withheld to the public, that it has to be more than not having the exam results. For a very hypothetical example, Orukpe trying to get out of the LOI because of more exposer after the NBA camp
    What is encouring is that if it is in fact an exam results problem, he feels confident he can make something happen.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777
      Being very curious about the "road" comment, I talked today with a friend from Lagos, Nigeria who has many connections there. After I gave him some background on the situation and he read the article, he believes that Orukpe is full of "crap". He has a strong accent, so I didn't catch everything clearly as to why. But, I did get is that there is nothing wrong with roads in getting there and don't believe everything you hear coming from people in Nigeria. He is personally interested in investigating what is going on with Orukpe (he knows people who work at the West African Examinations Council office building), because generally athletes from Lagos should not have much problem getting a student VISA. His gut feeling is that something is being withheld to the public, that it has to be more than not having the exam results. For a very hypothetical example, Orukpe trying to get out of the LOI because of more exposer after the NBA camp
      What is encouring is that if it is in fact an exam results problem, he feels confident he can make something happen.
      Oh mi Dios!

I have a bad feeling about the intervention. My feeling is based upon instinct and not fact. Your friend might be dancing through the NCAA minefield.

If your guy offered help through the basketball ops guy, Dominic Okon, I suspect it would be better. Okon is a Nigerian.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
        Oh mi Dios!

I have a bad feeling about the intervention. My feeling is based upon instinct and not fact. Your friend might be dancing through the NCAA minefield.

If your guy offered help through the basketball ops guy, Dominic Okon, I suspect it would be better. Okon is a Nigerian.
        And Okon would probably have enough knowledge about the roads to ascertain whether EO is full of crap or not..... sometimes I think we get too wrapped around the axle on some of this stuff.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Oh mi Dios!

At this moment I am planning on training a special team of actors who have played ex special forces to fly into Nigeria to extradite Orukpe, just like the movie" Uncommon Valor".
          As a matter of fact Gene Hackman, Fred ward and Randall Tex Cobb have already expressed interest. My question is am I overstepping my bounds? :D :posterwu: 8) 8) 8) 8)
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
            Oh mi Dios!

At this moment I am planning on training a special team of actors who have played ex special forces to fly into Nigeria to extradite Orukpe, just like the movie" Uncommon Valor".
            As a matter of fact Gene Hackman, Fred ward and Randall Tex Cobb have already expressed interest. My question is am I overstepping my bounds? :D :posterwu: 8) 8) 8) 8)
            No, but I suggest you add Tommy Lee Jones to your extraction team.

Comment

Gotta ad Jim Brown to that lineup. He seems about the right age considering the rest of the group.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Oh mi Dios!

What minefields? The one's they plant in Nigeria?

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                  Oh mi Dios!

No, but I suggest you add Tommy Lee Jones to your extraction team.
                  Sounds like a job for the "Eh" Team. :lol:

Comment

Jack Bauer would be glad to help!

Comment

No No. Chuck Norris is your man.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockakhan
                        No No. Chuck Norris is your man.
                        No, this is a job for John Rambo. 8)
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

[/quote]
                          When we're talking "bad roads" here's what we're talking about. The following is an excerpt from a rather colorful editorial from a journalist named UGOCHUKWU EJINKEONYE about the Lagos to Benin Expressway (EO lives in Benin).
                          [/quote] Are you sure he's from Benin? Benin is 200 miles east of Lagos. I believe he is from Mushin, a suburb of Lagos (about 6 miles).

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                            Its like this guy doesn't even exist on recruiting websites. This is all I could find about him:

Native of Lagos, Nigeria...Played for Ebun Comet, an elite amateur club team in Nigeria...He had originally signed with Liberty but was released from NLI...
                            And it seems like Liberty had the same problems contacting him when he signed with them:

McKay said he hasn't spoken to LU's other signee, 7-foot Nigerian center Ehimen Orukpe.
                            "I'm not sure what's going to happen there," McKay said. "But we're preparing for whatever scenario takes place."

McKay is Liberty basketball coach Ritchie McKay
                            Ack! Have we uncovered the latest Nigerian scam?

Spam filters everywhere will soon start filling up with "Would like you sign foot seven basketball center quality?" emails.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Spam filters everywhere will soon start filling up with "Would like you sign foot seven basketball center quality?" emails.

The e-mail continues..."We will provide all funds necessary for scholarship. Just send bank account where money to be deposited".
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

It's all KU's fault, those dirty . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X