No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, indeed EO is a shot in our Program's arm. However, this is a great learning curve here for him as well. First of all, most all of our players should be here hitting the books this summer which will jump start their education year which is paramount. Not that many people make a living playing Pro ball.

Next, no doubt that Coach Marshall and his Staff can develop ballplayers to reach new heights. Speaking of new heights, KR will be awesome at putting some muscle on EO and getting him in tip-top shape. Kerry has been known through his workouts to improve the vertical hops of dedicated players and get them solid. Can you imagine an :poster_eo: with more ups? We may have to have the Shocker band include the song by Elvis--"Return to sender, address unknown, no such way you bring that junk into EO's zone."

Next, the summer scrimmages will jump start what to expect on the court this year to some degree. Garrett and EO will only help each other get better and improve both strenghts and weaknesses. This summer could be more effective for getting our players prepared and bonding on and off the court then our Canada trip of times past.

This may be the first time most Shockers players will be here through the summer. I actually really like the summer school idea and having them here to get acquainted and hooping together. A fresh and new beginning. Earning playing time minutes this coming Season will be intense and ongoing with this influx of new talent joining our efforts to in due time, head back to the Dance.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• When do scrimmages start? I gotta get out and see one.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
        Yes, indeed EO is a shot in our Program's arm. However, this is a great learning curve here for him as well. First of all, most all of our players should be here hitting the books this summer which will jump start their education year which is paramount. Not that many people make a living playing Pro ball.

Next, no doubt that Coach Marshall and his Staff can develop ballplayers to reach new heights. Speaking of new heights, KR will be awesome at putting some muscle on EO and getting him in tip-top shape. Kerry has been known through his workouts to improve the vertical hops of dedicated players and get them solid. Can you imagine an :poster_eo: with more ups? We may have to have the Shocker band include the song by Elvis--"Return to sender, address unknown, no such way you bring that junk into EO's zone."

Next, the summer scrimmages will jump start what to expect on the court this year to some degree. Garrett and EO will only help each other get better and improve both strenghts and weaknesses. This summer could be more effective for getting our players prepared and bonding on and off the court then our Canada trip of times past.

This may be the first time most Shockers players will be here through the summer. I actually really like the summer school idea and having them here to get acquainted and hooping together. A fresh and new beginning. Earning playing time minutes this coming Season will be intense and ongoing with this influx of new talent joining our efforts to in due time, head back to the Dance.
        Whatever you put in your sippy cup, keep drinking it. You've got me fired up.
        Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny Crane
          Originally posted by forevershockerfan
          Yes, indeed EO is a shot in our Program's arm. However, this is a great learning curve here for him as well. First of all, most all of our players should be here hitting the books this summer which will jump start their education year which is paramount. Not that many people make a living playing Pro ball.

Whatever you put in your sippy cup, keep drinking it. You've got me fired up.
          FSF is pretty good at that!
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I do like the summer requirements that coach has. It helps get 6 of the required 24 or so hours for the year out of the way when there isn't anything going on. Plus EO could really use the adjustment period before the real classes start.

Comment

• EO not in Wichita yet.

Soon.

Maybe next week.

Comment

• Word
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Harley
                  EO not in Wichita yet.

Soon.

Maybe next week.
                  When I see Orukpe standing next to Marshall in Wichita and Marshall has a huge grin on his face, THEN I believe. Until then, I hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock
                    Word
                    Thunderbird, Thunderbird wine!

Whats the price? 99 twice! :yes: 8)
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Reo Speedwagon - Heard It From A Friend (obviously song writing isn't my specialty)

Heard it from a friend who
                      Heard it from another that EO's comin' to town
                      He was to arrived yesterday
                      And then immediately hit the hay
                      They've been talkin' about him for a year all over town
                      But you know Shocker fans
                      They have outlandish hopes and dreams
                      And the EO tales keeps growing taller all the time
                      But I'm telling Shocker fans
                      That I don't think it's true, but it could be soon
                      And even if it is, please keep this in mind

{Refrain}

We're all getting tired of the rumors and speculations
                      If that's the way you want it
                      Then you better get ready for a big let down
                      But I want to believe it
                      Even for a minute
                      But you'd better back off and take it down

You're thinking up big tall lies
                      You're putting on your Yellow Shocker eyes
                      You say EO's coming to town but you really don't know when
                      But I can see him coming soon
                      If you'll just quit talking about it, maybe he'll come a walking in
                      And then Shocker fan will never have to look back again

{Refrain x 3}

Heard it from another that EO's comin' to town!

Reo Speedwagon - Heard It From A Friend
                      SFL is back!

Comment

• Rock On!

Comment

• :good: :good:
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I know one band that loves Ehimen ...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee
                              I know one band that loves Ehimen ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiMqT_k_R0g
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Harley
                                EO not in Wichita yet.

Soon.

Maybe next week.
                                It is next week. Any more news about his arrival???? :poster_eo:

:drum: :drum: :drum:

Comment

Working...
                                X