No announcement yet.

Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on now , ease off on the US Govt and terrorist fighting. Wasnt it Homeland Security that netted that desparate criminal Tommy Chong?

:D :D :D :D 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I'm thinking movie.

Nigerian president for life - Forest Whitaker
      Nigerian Ambassador - Anthony Anderson
      American Ambassador - Dennis Haysbert/Anthony Hopkins
      Chief of Embassy Security- Michael Chiklis
      E.O. - ????/Manute Bol
      Coach Gross - ????

Comment

• maybe the Nigerian president would like to be an asst. coach

Comment

• It's once again nearing the end of the workday in Nigeria. I hope for a better and more speedier report than yesterdays'.
          In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
            I was under the impression that the Nigerian government had to grant a student visa for him to leave the country, not that our government had to before the Nigerians said, 'Okay, Ehimen, you can leave'.

If the holdup is on our side (US Embassy in Nigeria), I am going to be pi**ed!!!
            Correct me if I am wrong but student visa the kid needs comes from the United States Government. I do not know what kind authorization he needs from the Nigerian Government, other than the paperwork he apparently has already completed.

Therefore, the "mix-up" yesterday would appear to be related to our own Embassy.

Comment

• tropicalshox:

"Isn't going through the US Embassy an alternative plan than the original way of going through the Nigerian government.

----------
              NO. If an entry Visa is required by the country of entry, it must be obtained at the Embassy of that country prior to entry -- always.

If an exit Visa or permission is required by your native country as well, it will be part of the required documentation for a U.S. entry Visa and must be obtained first.

Comment

• That must mean everything is in order with the Nigerian government if Orukpe is applying for the student Visa at our US Embassy, which would be encouraging. So, then after our Embassy approves him for a student visa, we could actually have some progress, and maybe get him over here.

BTW, it's about a quarter to 5 pm over there now.

Comment

• That makes it sound like the real hold ups are over. If EO is the type of kid we think he is, I don't know why the US would keep him from coming over.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                    If EO is the type of kid we think he is, I don't know why the US would keep him from coming over.
                    Department of Homeland Security.

I think that is what DoubleJayAlum has alluded to as being a big part of the red tape. I doubt DHS cares one bit why EO wants to come here. That he wants to come here is the only thing they care about.

All these new departments, regulations and "security" acts have been positively wonderful, don't you think? <Sigh> . . . I digress.

Comment

• I hope all went well today at the Emabassy. If not.....I blame Tiahrt. :D
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Maggie
                        Originally posted by Snapshot9
                        I was under the impression that the Nigerian government had to grant a student visa for him to leave the country, not that our government had to before the Nigerians said, 'Okay, Ehimen, you can leave'.

If the holdup is on our side (US Embassy in Nigeria), I am going to be pi**ed!!!
                        Correct me if I am wrong but student visa the kid needs comes from the United States Government. I do not know what kind authorization he needs from the Nigerian Government, other than the paperwork he apparently has already completed.

Therefore, the "mix-up" yesterday would appear to be related to our own Embassy.
                        China "participates" in Yao Mings income, so it would not surprise me, if Nigeria has some kind of required participation agreement too.

Comment

• Tihart participates in my income.

Comment

• I need to know,
                            I need to know,
                            I need to know!!!!

Comment

• Department of Homeland Security.

I think that is what DoubleJayAlum has alluded to as being a big part of the red tape. I doubt DHS cares one bit why EO wants to come here. That he wants to come here is the only thing they care about.
                              I have a friend from Africa (not Nigeria) ; he is here on a visa also. He states Nigeria is the single toughest country to get a VISA from due to the government there and post 911 scrutiny........

He says many Africans that are from Nigeria get dual citizenship with another African Country as then they can get the VISA through another less-scrutinized nation. he says , that it's taken this long would be no surprise to him....

:(

Comment

• wow, I am just stunned. I sure thought we would know something by now. It's almost 10:00 PM there and we don't know where EO is at.

Comment

Working...
                                X