• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is a "difference maker."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      EO should be 100% by next week.
      I doubt he's 100% the rest of the season. Ankle injuries suck like that. Now, he'll get back to something where the pain is minimal and it doesn't prevent him from doing much, but I doubt it fully heals until after the season.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        I doubt he's 100% the rest of the season. Ankle injuries suck like that. Now, he'll get back to something where the pain is minimal and it doesn't prevent him from doing much, but I doubt it fully heals until after the season.
        "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic Shocker. Ehimen Orukpe will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster."
        When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• I am hoping that the time off between games the past few weeks has helped. I know he's still practicing, but they can take certain precautions during that. It sounded like he was moving much better in the USM game so I'm hopeful that he'll be in good shape for the UNI game this weekend. I love watching Ehimen control the paint!
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Being tall doesn't make one great.

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
            When you have a chance to sign a Stutz-player, you do it - even if you have five other 7 footers on the team. 8)
            Not even close. Stutz would probably be one of a couple 7 footers sitting on the bench. Stutz was good,but he was far from great. He was too nice to be aggressive on the boards and that made him less of a player. When he got flustered he got really clumsy and he didn't match up very well with people his size. If i were biased,i would say what you have said about him. Because i am not ,i would say that about 50% on the division 1 - 7 footers are better than him.

Comment

• Being tall doesn't make one great.

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
              When you have a chance to sign a Stutz-player, you don't do it - even if you have no other 7 footers on the team. 8)

Comment

• Originally posted by Trueshock View Post
                Not even close. Stutz would probably be one of a couple 7 footers sitting on the bench. Stutz was good,but he was far from great. He was too nice to be aggressive on the boards and that made him less of a player. When he got flustered he got really clumsy and he didn't match up very well with people his size. If i were biased,i would say what you have said about him. Because i am not ,i would say that about 50% on the division 1 - 7 footers are better than him.
                You're a moron. Stutz may have have not been the most athletic big we've ever had, but he was a key piece to our Top 20 puzzle last year. Defenses sagged on him and we made them pay. Defensively, he was a bit lackluster, but we only lost 6 games out of 30-something last year with him as a starter. Obviously, he did something right. And for some reason, that guy managed to make first team All-Valley.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  You're a moron. Stutz may have have not been the most athletic big we've ever had, but he was a key piece to our Top 20 puzzle last year. Defenses sagged on him and we made them pay. Defensively, he was a bit lackluster, but we only lost 6 games out of 30-something last year with him as a starter. Obviously, he did something right. And for some reason, that guy managed to make first team All-Valley.
                  True really is lacking in a number of areas... Basketball sense is at the top of the list.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Just some friendly advice in the words of Abraham Lincoln: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I'm just sitting here on a relaxing Thursday evening wondering just how many blocks orukpe will have against UNI.

They have a young slasher and they have two forwards who probably really want to score inside right?

Comment

• I'm also wondering when we are gonna run that tip off alley oop play to ehimen again.

I will make sure to start bringing my Ehimen Alley-ukpe poster.

Comment

You want a bunch of 5'9" guys that dunk over 7 footers like this guy, amirite?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            You want a bunch of 5'9" guys that dunk over 7 footers like this guy, amirite?

I'd like to see a 5'9" kid on our team do that!

Comment

• I don't want any 5'9" guys

Comment

• We've got big guys dunking on people instead. I will take that.

Our last few games have had quite a few highlights of their own. Sure wish cle would have connected on his two blown alley oops at Iba but that won't be normal.

I'd hate to have been the guy that EO dominated in that game. I've still got that photo as my wallpaper. It reminds me of what is about to happen to Seth Tuttle, austin pehl and jake Koch.

Comment

Working...
                                X