Any news on Orukpe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    That post doesn't answer my question. My question was to his ambition, his personal goals. I don't remember anybody every quoting EO on his basketball dreams. Regardless of how good he plays this year, his learning curve is far from maxed out. If he has the drive, he could continue to improve for many years beyond college. And he has the one thing that many people don't have in order to make it to the NBA.

P.S.

We'll see whose crack pipe burns the hottest within a couple months.

T

...:cool:
    PPS. Still appears you did not read Doc's post. It would seem that a young man as smart as Ehimen would understand his prospects much more than us mere observers. If his decision truly was to take classes vs. going to a big man camp, then you have your answer. I agree that he has the potential to improve drastically beyond college, but the thing he truly has no ceiling in is not basketball, but life.

I love crow. Will gladly eat as much as you can dish. I am a huge fan and supporter of Ehiimen. He has and will always represent WSU with class and dignity, and being successful in life and bettering himself as a whole is much more important than the NBA. Basketball is his Machiavellan path.

Comment

• EO is probably the player I most love seeing on the court for the past several years. He "looks" so good out there that I love to see him play, but...

...EO has been around college ball for 4 years now. He's obviously very intelligent and physically gifted. Throw him the rock on the block and he could just do a turn-around jumper. No one he's likely to see could possibly contest that shot, but after 4 years, he can't hit that shot from 6'- 8'. Throw him the ball on the block and with his quickness, he could drop-step for a slam after a fake or two (if needed).

EO has apparently become the poster child for the fact that athletic ability and intelligence can't disguise a difficulty in developing the eye-hand coordination necessary to throw a basketball into a hoop. Or maybe he just can't figure out that even when you're releasing the ball from 11' off the court and shooting it downhill, there needs to be some arch on the ball to increase the possibilities of making the shot.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

That would be retarded on a couple different levels. Does EO like basketball? Does he even want to play in the NBA? Or does he just see it as a way to get a college education?

T

Please don't use the word retarded. You might offend some lurking Creighton fans :nevreness:

Comment

• EO played well tonite. Still a little raw but has made a big improvement from last year

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
            EO played well tonite. Still a little raw but has made a big improvement from last year
            He certainly has made improvement since last year, just like was said between his So & Jr seasons. The down hill left handed hook early was impressive. Unfortunately we still saw some deer in the headlights at times. Playing time will be better than last year, but not much with Lufile in the picture.

Comment

• Hall weighs less (238 lb) than EO (250 lb) and yet CH moved him around pretty easily. Is it just a "center of mass" issue?
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• I thought he looked great....nobody in the Valley can defend that hook. I'm hoping that I see EO and Carl on the floor together...there's not a more difficult 4/5 combo in the league.

Comment

• It's a Beast thing.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

• It's a big butt thing.

And yeah, a center of gravity thing. Take EO to 280lb and he starts murdering people. Well, it would be man-slaughtering people because EO is the nicest guy in the world.

T

Comment

• Being a senior, it's getting late in the game for EO to be making 50 pound weight increases while contributing to this program.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Being a senior, it's getting late in the game for EO to be making 50 pound weight increases while contributing to this program.
                        It was a joke. And EO won't need 1lb to contribute to this year's team. He is going to be fine and we are going to enjoy his progress.

T

Comment

It was a joke. And EO won't need 1lb to contribute to this year's team. He is going to be fine and we are going to enjoy his progress.

T

I definitely hope you are right on the money, Cold.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                            Hall weighs less (238 lb) than EO (250 lb) and yet CH moved him around pretty easily. Is it just a "center of mass" issue?
                            In FB, the guy who hits lower tends to move the guy he hits. 12 pounds spread over 4" means Hall is "stockier" than EO. Hall has a lower center of gravity, plus Hall has a lifetime of learning to move people around. EO has 4 years.

EO's upper body is massive, but he needs more leg strength, more bulk in his thighs and he needs to learn to get a lower center of gravity (keep his knees bent) when he's posting up.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I think EO has a confidence issue and that is all that is holding him back. This year he wont look over his shoulder and see Stutz in front of the scorers bench waiting to replace him. If he can put together a couple of productive games at the start I believe he will gain the confidence to assert himself and if that happens we are in business and ready to give the Jays a run for their money.

Comment

• Originally posted by 110% View Post
                                I think EO has a confidence issue and that is all that is holding him back. This year he wont look over his shoulder and see Stutz in front of the scorers bench waiting to replace him. If he can put together a couple of productive games at the start I believe he will gain the confidence to assert himself and if that happens we are in business and ready to give the Jays a run for their money.
                                Yes. I saw him smiling and opening his mouth to talk to teammates tonight and I saw him do more good than bad. Some of it was even offensive. No one needs to worry about EO. On his off nights, our depth will carry us and on his good nights, the score will be 90-50.

Comment

Working...
                                X