No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every year, I pick against Baylor in my bracket and I am rarely proven wrong. I will be picking them to lose their 2nd round game again, no matter the match up. Won't be surprised if they poop the bed and lose first round either.

Comment

• Is it in Scott Drew's contract to lose every time KU loses?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Baylor is the most overrated Top 10 team in history. They got hot early and are still coasting off of those fumes.

They're another Big12 flamer candidate.
        My dream is to be a seven-seed in Baylor's pod with the Bear's as a two. In Tulsa, preferably.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          The best team in this state the last 5 years has been WSU. It's a fact. Ask Jamar. He can roll out some stats for us. No little brother syndrome there.
          No, its not a "fact". Your opinion, maybe.

I would like to hear the case that WSU was better than KU last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            No, its not a "fact". Your opinion, maybe.

I don't believe SBT said every year the last five years, simply the last five years. I haven't done anything to research the comparison for that, just sayin'
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              I don't believe SBT said every year the last five years, simply the last five years. I haven't done anything to research the comparison for that, just sayin'
              OK, that's a fine alternate interpretation. Still absolutely not a "fact" as he stated, and also, still very difficult to imagine how such a case could be made.

Comment

OK, that's a fine alternate interpretation. Still absolutely not a "fact" as he stated, and also, still very difficult to imagine how such a case could be made.
                Ok, state your FACTS to support this.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

*Tsk Tsk* im4wsu's response was an "alternate interpretation?" Is that kinda sorta like a "false equivalent?" Aren't you Shockernet's resident research fellow? I stand by my statement. Give us some stats.

Comment

• I'm one of those who doesn't necessarily believe the selection committee behaves 100% "factual".
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                      *Tsk Tsk* im4wsu's response was an "alternate interpretation?" Is that kinda sorta like a "false equivalent?" Aren't you Shockernet's resident research fellow? I stand by my statement. Give us some stats.
                      Did you mean KU has been better each of the last 5 years individually, or altogether as a 5 year whole? There are 2 ways to interpret your statement. Don't play dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Ok, state your FACTS to support this.
                        My facts? SBT made a fact claim, which was clearly actually opinion, not fact. You know the difference between the two, right?

I asked him to convince me of his opinion. Make his case. I'm waiting on him. If you agree with his opinion, you are welcome to give it a shot too.

Comment

• #FAKENEWS

Comment

• Dayton losing to Davidson in the A10 quarters could potentially help the Shockers seeding.

Comment

I'm always a little mystified about these "which team is better?" arguments. The goal in any given conference season isn't to be the best team; it's to win and emerge the champion. Same for any tournament (even for any given game, really).

Obviously, the better you are, especially relative to your opponent(s), the better your chance of winning. But with the sort of dispersion that exists in college basketball, playing a ~30 game regular season, plus a conference tournament, plus a (maximum) six round single elimination tournament doesn't tell you who's best. (Which is also why we see all the Monte Carlo style simulations of playing the tournament 10,000 times, or whatever.) It just tells you who's the champion. The talk about who's best is just for smack, and WSU's record and performance over the past five years stacks up well with just about any. No point in defending or arguing it beyond that unless you're just trying to kill time.

Comment

• Shockernet in WSUwatcher's world:

Monday, April 6th, 2015 - "Duke won the National Championship"
                                *full year of no posting*
                                Monday, April 4th, 2016 - "Villanova won the National Championship"
                                *full year of no posting*
                                *next post scheduled for Monday, April 3rd, 2017*

Comment

Working...
                                X