No announcement yet.

16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seriously @WSUwatcher:, I'm struggling to comprehend. You are mystified as to why sports fans like to discuss which team was better? Like, seriously?

I mean, if aliens landed on earth and asked what sports were and why people liked them, I'm pretty sure that debating which team was better would be an essential part of the description of fan behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
      No point in defending or arguing it beyond that unless you're just trying to kill time.
      You do realize who you're arguing this with, right?

That said, I agree. Every thread on here seems to devolve into people who are biased in favor of WSU, and those who think it's their duty for humanity to "correct" everything. Such debates have virtually no way to come to a "correct" answer, often are exhausting even to read, much less than if I would get targeted and pulled into one, and are the biggest reason I very rarely post anymore. I only really started lurking again during the season to keep up on some inside information. In general, I think the whole "the team you support sucks, so you should feel bad" dynamic of sports is one of the dumbest things about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
        In general, I think the whole "the team you support sucks, so you should feel bad" dynamic of sports is one of the dumbest things about it.
        Agreed.

That's not at all what I was talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          Did you mean KU has been better each of the last 5 years individually, or altogether as a 5 year whole? There are 2 ways to interpret your statement. Don't play dumb.
          ***Sigh***

Comment

• I would like it if both Duke and NC could lose.

Comment

• Any scores?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                Any scores?
                Duke is losing by seven more points than NC is losing at half. 49-42.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                  Duke is losing by seven more points than NC is losing at half. 49-42.
                  This sound like it is written by someone taking a minority studies class at UNC.

Comment

• Is anyone else sick and tired of Jay Bilas? He makes me want to mute my tv. All he does is gripe about the officiating, in every game. Literally just turned it over to UNC/Duke and the first thing I had to hear was Jay Bilas griping about 2 offensive fouls.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                      This sound like it is written by someone taking a minority studies class at UNC.
                      Ha! You're right.

Comment

• K State - WV. Riveting play thru the under 16 timeout. (yawn)

Comment

• There is just sooooooo much garbage in the big 12.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                            K State - WV. Riveting play thru the under 16 timeout. (yawn)
                            Great shooting by both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                              Great shooting by both.
                              Well, if my ciphering is correct, WV is on Pace for a 32 - 28 win.

Comment

• This game reminds me of the SIU/LUC MVC tourney game.

Comment

Working...
                                X