Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    From Dec 15th:

Pretty funny how much crap I caught for posting this back when Loyola was 9-2.

7-7 since. Merely 6-6 in an MVC that is just begging a 3rd team to emerge out of the mediocrity. Currently headed for an RPI in the 140s. Not even going to sniff the NIT.
    Yes, but Drake turned out to be awesome, so what do you know anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      BJ and KU home losses on the same day. And after our 40 point bloodbath?

What a lovely mother****** day.
      Originally posted by Tomhouse View Post
      Ya perfect. Teams that help their at large resume ahead of WSU. Perfect day....
      Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      A bad day for you, ****tard. HAHAHAHAHA
      Just for the record...

@Tomhouse: is rooting for outcomes that benefit WSU.
      @ShockerFever: is rooting against such things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Yes, but Drake turned out to be awesome
        The same Drake that is likely playing on Thursday in St. Louis?
        The same Drake that likely won't reach even 10 wins vs D1 teams this year?

Comment

The same Drake that is likely playing on Thursday in St. Louis?
          The same Drake that likely won't reach even 10 wins vs D1 teams this year?
          D1 wins at all for Drake is D+ awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
            D1 wins at all for Drake is D+ awesome.
            This will only be the 3rd time in the last 10 seasons that Drake failed to reach 10 D1 wins.
            The fact that it was 7 straight seasons of 10+, and now is 3 straight below 10, is an alarming trend.

Comment

From Dec 15th:

Pretty funny how much crap I caught for posting this back when Loyola was 9-2.

7-7 since. Merely 6-6 in an MVC that is just begging a 3rd team to emerge out of the mediocrity. Currently headed for an RPI in the 140s. Not even going to sniff the NIT.
              You either have a remarkable memory or a serious inferiority complex.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You either have a remarkable memory or a serious inferiority complex.
                Neither.

C) Fuzzy memory of general conversations + Google searches are really quick

Comment

This will only be the 3rd time in the last 10 seasons that Drake failed to reach 10 D1 wins.
                  The fact that it was 7 straight seasons of 10+, and now is 3 straight below 10, is an alarming trend.
                  Well since we're going with the serious response to a throwaway joke.... The overlap of crap seasons with Ray Giacoletti's reign takes a lot of the sting out that alarming trend. The fact they have an outside shot at ten wins this season after the start Ray had says a lot.

The concern I'll have is after the season and what Drake does with their coaching hire. I know a lot of Drake fans want to hire Rutter, but I'm not convinced they'll get the opportunity.

Comment

Neither.

C) Fuzzy memory of general conversations + Google searches are really quick
                    But why would you remember that?

Because you like self-glossing and patting yourself on the back for even the most trivial of statements.

The correct answer is (obviously) B.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

But why would you remember that?

Because you like self-glossing and patting yourself on the back for even the most trivial of statements.

The correct answer is (obviously) B.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

The Redturd fans might be better than the UNI fans. They're talking 16-2 records...
                        No freakin' way! 16-2? ISUr? This year? lol. Impossible.

Comment

You're smoking something if you think Illinois State gets a bid with ZERO wins worth a damn, 16-2 or not.
                          16-2 plus a matchup with WSU in St. Louis and ISUr would likely have an RPI in the 20s.

This is fun. I'll stop though. For now. :-)

Comment

16-2 plus a matchup with WSU in St. Louis and ISUr would likely have an RPI in the 20s.

This is fun. I'll stop though. For now. :-)
                            How about a site ban bet if the above scenario happens?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• JH4P, you seem to be giving much greater weight to a team's RPI ranking (versus the breakdown of its win vs. opponents as ranked by the RPI) in this year's analysis than in past years. I am wondering - is there any particular reason?

Our resume seems much shakier to me than prior seasons when the same conversation was taking place. I agree that running the table and losing on Sunday to ISUr would get us in, but unlike prior seasons, I can't get comfortable putting it in the "stone cold lock" category because our most valuable metric would simply be raw win total. There's not a lot of precedent to rely on.

Anything less than 17-1 and a loss to ISUr in the finals on Sunday and I would be extremely nervous.

Comment

No freakin' way! 16-2? ISUr? This year? lol. Impossible.
                                I must've missed your prediction on this one. Was this one made before or after they lost to San Francisco? Why weren't you mocking it then?

I must say it takes a lot of balls to not make any predictions and then go back through the course of the season after the fact and start laughing at those who actually did put it out there.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X