• Show
Clear All

• The way that KU wins games is just funny sometimes

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      The way that KU wins games is just funny sometimes
      No call on the tackle screen, but they give Jackson FTs on a touch foul

Comment

• Its sad but it helps us that KU won. Knocking TTech off of or further down the bubble is good for WSU.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
          Its sad but it helps us that KU won. Knocking TTech off of or further down the bubble is good for WSU.
          That's true. It's at that point in the season when I have to turn off certain feelings and start rooting for activity on the bubble. I'm ready to admit that I want both WSU and Illinois State in the dance and somebody is going to need the help. A lot of good has already happened this week and hopefully it will continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            No call on the tackle screen, but they give Jackson FTs on a touch foul
            The PBP guy announced TT was IN the tournament with a win. SMH Anyway, I guess TT will have to wait and beat OU to get into the dance..

Comment

• Every big 12 team is in except the 2 floaters that we played...
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Interesting rule I didn't know about. In the Louisville Miami game, Miami was out of timeouts and tried to call one while being double teamed and the shot clock running down and basically no hope of getting out of the double team.

Now their coach didn't want them to call a TO and you could read his lips "I told you we're out of timeouts!" but the result was just a one shot T, which Louisville missed, and then Miami got the ball out of bounds at the point of interruption.

I'm telling you, even if they made the FT, the result of stopping the clock, reorganizing, and getting the ball back was VERY MUCH worth the penalty.

In fact, just off the top of my head, I could see a scenario where I was down 1 or 2 points, with just a couple seconds on the clock and needing to take the ball the length of the court, throw the ball to half court, call a TO, the other team shoots 1 and I'm still down only 2 or 3 but at least I've got a much better shot at running a play to get a decent look at a game tying or winning shot.

Actually, this would have been an excellent idea for Texas Tech at the end of their game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  Every big 12 team is in except the 2 floaters that we played...
                  Only kind of.

OU, Texas Tech and Texas are not in. OSU probably isn't in yet. TCU at least right now is NOT in ahead of us. Their non-con biggest win BY FAR is Illinois State at home when ISU was awful and even that was a choke by ISU. One road win at terrible UNLV by 5. Barring a spectacular finish, they aren't in ahead of WSU.

TCU will be lucky to finish 8-10, 19-12. They aren't in ahead of WSU. Not with that non-con. No way.

Look at KState. 1 road non con game. 1 good game a loss to Maryland (a game they could, should have won no doubt).

A bunch of crap games. Beat CSU in Denver convincingly. They do have 2 great wins, at Baylor and Press Virginia but also a bad loss at home to TCU.

Their fate will be determined by how they finish. At 16-9, 5-7, they need to finish at least 3-3 and probably 4-2. They are done with the top of the B12 so it sets up pretty easy, relatively so, for them.

But say beat OSU at home, at Texas and TT at home, but lose to ISU at home, @ TCU and @OU 19-12 8-10 isn't going to scream 9 seed.
                  Last edited by WuDrWu; February 11, 2017, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Interesting rule I didn't know about. In the Louisville Miami game, Miami was out of timeouts and tried to call one while being double teamed and the shot clock running down and basically no hope of getting out of the double team.

Now their coach didn't want them to call a TO and you could read his lips "I told you we're out of timeouts!" but the result was just a one shot T, which Louisville missed, and then Miami got the ball out of bounds at the point of interruption.

I'm telling you, even if they made the FT, the result of stopping the clock, reorganizing, and getting the ball back was VERY MUCH worth the penalty.

In fact, just off the top of my head, I could see a scenario where I was down 1 or 2 points, with just a couple seconds on the clock and needing to take the ball the length of the court, throw the ball to half court, call a TO, the other team shoots 1 and I'm still down only 2 or 3 but at least I've got a much better shot at running a play to get a decent look at a game tying or winning shot.

Actually, this would have been an excellent idea for Texas Tech at the end of their game.
                    Very intriguing. I think you are right. I bet one of these days we will get to see it work

Comment

• It seems like a lot of carnage happened and is happening on the bubble this weekend. Also some good action around the entry point to the top 25. With a win tomorrow, WSU will crack the polls and start gaining attention. Even Illinois State should start getting good traction in the votes category.

Comment

• Texas is AWFUL. If they keep it within 25 I'll be stunned. OSU isn't playing well but still this should be a pasting.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                          Its sad but it helps us that KU won. Knocking TTech off of or further down the bubble is good for WSU.
                          I agree, would just as soon KU lose to teams clearly in the tournament.

It was clearly an illegal screen by Lucas.

Josh Jackson is probably the best one and done Self has had. They will miss this one. Can't say they've missed some of the others.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                            I agree, would just as soon KU lose to teams clearly in the tournament.

It was clearly an illegal screen by Lucas.

Josh Jackson is probably the best one and done Self has had. They will miss this one. Can't say they've missed some of the others.

They will be disgustingly interesting next year. They lose Mason, Lucas and Jackson is gone for sure. Vick and Bragg will probably transfer to Joliet Correctional Facility.

No better than 75% Self can get them on the court next year. Svi would love to double his pay from the Williams fund even if it means returning to the Ukraine.

They better hope Graham doesn't go pro or it's a total rebuild and he'll have to hit some supermaxes to get the players he needs to win.

Comment

Only kind of.

OU, Texas Tech and Texas are not in. OSU probably isn't in yet. TCU at least right now is NOT in ahead of us. Their non-con biggest win BY FAR is Illinois State at home when ISU was awful and even that was a choke by ISU. One road win at terrible UNLV by 5. Barring a spectacular finish, they aren't in ahead of WSU.

TCU will be lucky to finish 8-10, 19-12. They aren't in ahead of WSU. Not with that non-con. No way.

Look at KState. 1 road non con game. 1 good game a loss to Maryland (a game they could, should have won no doubt).

A bunch of crap games. Beat CSU in Denver convincingly. They do have 2 great wins, at Baylor and Press Virginia but also a bad loss at home to TCU.

Their fate will be determined by how they finish. At 16-9, 5-7, they need to finish at least 3-3 and probably 4-2. They are done with the top of the B12 so it sets up pretty easy, relatively so, for them.

But say beat OSU at home, at Texas and TT at home, but lose to ISU at home, @ TCU and @OU 19-12 8-10 isn't going to scream 9 seed.
                              Im with ya.

At the end of the day, seeing the Big 12 carnage in the tourney is kinda fun.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

They will be disgustingly interesting next year. They lose Mason, Lucas and Jackson is gone for sure. Vick and Bragg will probably transfer to Joliet Correctional Facility.

No better than 75% Self can get them on the court next year. Svi would love to double his pay from the Williams fund even if it means returning to the Ukraine.

They better hope Graham doesn't go pro or it's a total rebuild and he'll have to hit some supermaxes to get the players he needs to win.
                                Anyone really still think WSU shouldn't want to play The Flagship this year? Jackson is quite a player, but they're only seven deep -- and that's assuming the bench stays out of orange jumpsuits the rest of the season -- so they may wear down a bit. And they can certainly be had.

Comment

Working...
                                X