16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Strangely enough, per Nolan, we were at 38 after our W. After all our opponents won today we ended the day at 40.

The 'Turds are at 33. Even with a week left, I doubt we catch them, but isn't the schedule a bit better for the 2 seed than the 1 seed? I'm confident we can beat the 'Turds on a neutral court, but if they've had a more challenging 3-day schedule, they will be dead late in the game. UNI's offensive game didn't even challenge them. They've faded in every game other than that lately.
    Unfortunately other teams around us also play. Miami and Iowa State's wins jumped them past us.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Gonzaga actually might be in trouble. Down 61-60 to BYU with 8:00 left

Comment

• BYU is the biggest bunch of turds, year after year. There are technicals in pretty much every BYU game. Often flagrants. They have some dirty players.

Edit: And as I type this, BYU with the flagrant. Predictable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          BYU is the biggest bunch of turds, year after year. There are technicals in pretty much every BYU game. Often flagrants. They have some dirty players.

Edit: And as I type this, BYU with the flagrant. Predictable.
          I on the other hand would like to give Gonzaga some cheese to go with their whine.

Comment

• I'm so torn. Since Kentucky followed our perfect season with their own I don't see any harm in another one coming down the road. I also generally like Gonzaga other than we play them. Plus if we are an 8-9 seed, I'd like to go against them again.

Comment

• Holy ****, Gonzaga is gonna lose.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Well damn Zags. What the **** was that? Back to back UGLY turnovers?!

Comment

• "NIT" Chant from the Zags fans. Yeah, now I'm glad they lost.

Comment

• Colored me shocked. Zaga goes down, on Senior Night, in the final regular season game.

Talk about a heartbreaker.
                    The Assman

Comment

• I don't know what the last 5 minutes of that game was, but it wasn't basketball. Dribbling the ball for 20 seconds just to take a quick shot, then no one moving on the other end.

Comment

• Well, looks like the 72 Dolphins can crack open the celebration champagne once again. Can't help but think this is a blessing in disguise for zags.

Comment

• I wasn't sure I felt comfortable playing Gonzaga...but after that, I'm not worried. They played so tight in those last few minutes. They wouldn't handle the Play Angry defense very well.
                          78-65

Comment

• First, Gonzaga is the closest thing we have to a national rival currently, even though we don't play. Second, I dont want the undefeated club to get any more full than it needs to be. Third, did you watch their team whine on everything? Fourth, have any of you had the displeasure of watching basketball with Gonzaga fans? Worst fan base of any I have met in the tourney.

ERIK MIKA AND JOSEPH SMITH!!! GREAT GAME!

Comment

• Really feel bad for the Zags. A great program, great coach, and great players.

I'm not gonna lie, there is a small part of me that enjoys it because it shows how incredibly difficult going undefeated really is, even in a weak conference. Our road games against Northern Iowa, Alabama, Tulsa, Saint Louis, and maybe even our KC game against BYU were technically tougher than this game (and Gonzaga has some equal and better wins this season, so don't get me wrong here), but it shows how difficult it is to do even if you're very talented and focused. Sometimes averages play against you and you lose. This seems to be one of those instances.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                                ERIK MIKA AND JOSEPH SMITH!!! GREAT GAME!
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X