2016 Valley All-Conference Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    I apologize to the 2017 team for underestimating them. I will try not to let it happen again.
    you and me both. assiseeit was right: only 1 valley loss this year.

Comment

• Marshall sitting between Jacobson and Muller at the coaches luncheon today. Hilarious to watch if you're interested.

The official athletics website for Missouri Valley Conference

Comment

• Muller COY

Comment

• WSU sure lucked in to a lot of 20+ point wins given they didn't have the best coach, player or defense in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Muller COY
            I bet 3G is thrilled with that. Danny Boy is going to think that February 4 was a walk in the park compared to what is in store for him on Sunday.
            78-65

Comment

• Welcome to the MVC, where having the best players means the coach is less valuable. That explains a lot right there.

If Marshall wants that bonus money, he's going to have to go out and recruit worse players.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Someone gave Jacobsen a 1st place vote .. Let that sit in for a second. Team with the most dissapointing season in the league got a vote for COY

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Welcome to the MVC, where having the best players means the coach is less valuable.
                  Except they also said WSU doesn't have the best players.

Can't have it both ways, folks. Well, you can, but it makes you an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Someone gave Jacobsen a 1st place vote .. Let that sit in for a second. Team with the most dissapointing season in the league got a vote for COY
                    At least only one voter who could have voted for Marshall didn't this year. Funny thing is, Muller only got 39 votes as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
                      At least only one voter who could have voted for Marshall didn't this year. Funny thing is, Muller only got 39 votes as well.
                      Neither Muller or Marshall should have gotten any vote except first or second.

Comment

• Our odds of winning the Valley tourney just went up 50%
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          I bet 3G is thrilled with that. Danny Boy is going to think that February 4 was a walk in the park compared to what is in store for him on Sunday.
                          Marshall's gonna try and win by a half a hundred if we play them Sunday haha.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• For the record, I don't really have a problem with Muller winning this year. 17-1 is not easy. And he did navigate the McIntosh injury. I think what Marshall did is at least as impressive. Which is why you make Marshall COY in 2016, and then give a coin-flip to a deserving other guy in 2017.

Marshall has coached his teams to a 68-4 league record over 4 years, and was voted the league COY twice. I think that pretty much sums up this conference.

ISU sweeping the awards was not unexpected given the leanings of the league, but it very much does not represent reality.

Comment

• What made Wardle the third best coach in the Valley? His 7th place finish? His starting the Valley season 3-3? Is it going 1-8 in the next 9 games? Or is it just because he finished the season 3-0 against teams that finished in the bottom half of the Valley?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                Marshall's gonna try and win by a half a hundred if we play them Sunday haha.
                                Giving our guys a case of the Play-Angry-Red-Ass accomplished.

Comment

Working...
                                X