No announcement yet.

2016 Valley All-Conference Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCGM is the best coach in the league and everybody knows it. But they're not going to give him the COY award every year. Last year it was obviously the "Coach Most Outperforming Expectations" Award. This year I thought Muller was at least a defensible selection, though I believe the job HCGM did replacing three/four starters, two of whom are in the NBA, was more impressive than what Muller accomplished.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
      Victim of our own success yep.

Do you disagree that is what it has become? The coach of the year belongs to the coach with the best story line? Marshall's undefeated season, Barry's SIU resurgence (that was tough to type with out laughing too hard), Muller's First time in XX years? It is not about the coach. It is about the story.
      There are years to be upset about COY (last year) .. i really don't think year is one of them ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        There are years to be upset about COY (last year) .. i really don't think year is one of them ...
        I agree both this year were deserving of the award. I would have been more surprised if Marshall would have won.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          So because of Gregg Marshall, Gregg Marshall has now outrun himself out of COY for the foreseeable future.
          Yes. Which I think is a perfectly fine thing to do. So long the league names the award after him and WSU factors in his potential annual COY bonus into his salary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
            I believe the job HCGM did replacing three/four starters, two of whom are in the NBA, was more impressive than what Muller accomplished.
            This. All I heard the last 3 years is what is Gregg going to do when Fred and Ron leave? Now they're gone and we have an even more proficient team. Marshall matched Mullers conference record and an even better overall record and he did it with a mix of juniors, sophmores and freshman while Muller had very talented team of seniors and upper class men. In my opinion it's no contest.
            I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
            If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Muller can have that award. Shox let's get that championship Sunday and prove who the real COY!!

Comment

• I don't have any problem with Muller being COY. Wichita State was picked to win the conference in the preseason poll and Illinois State was picked second. So Illinois State did slightly better than predicted.

Comment

• Shox will make it known who is better this weekend. I feel sorry for the other valley teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    I don't have any problem with Muller being COY. Wichita State was picked to win the conference in the preseason poll and Illinois State was picked second. So Illinois State did slightly better than predicted.
                    If that's the reasoning used, then Marshall will never win another COY in this conference.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      I don't have any problem with Muller being COY. Wichita State was picked to win the conference in the preseason poll and Illinois State was picked second. So Illinois State did slightly better than predicted.
                      Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      If that's the reasoning used, then Marshall will never win another COY in this conference.
                      Agreed. There is nothing wrong with Muller winning COY this year. There is something wrong with a coach being so much better than everyone else in the league that he is required to go undefeated to have a chance to win the award. We may see how that holds up next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        If prior to the season:

How likely would you predict WSU to go 17-1 in the conference? 60% maybe...

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          If prior to the season:

How likely would you predict WSU to go 17-1 in the conference? 60% maybe...
                          Sorry, hit reply too soon.

Also, how likely would you predict ISUR to go 17-1? 10% maybe...

My point is give it to dirty Dan. I have no issues.

Comment

Someone gave Jacobsen a 1st place vote .. Let that sit in for a second. Team with the most dissapointing season in the league got a vote for COY
                            Hey, they were great for 10 games -- although I'm not sure why those 10 should outrank the Jailbirds' longer streak to start and WSU's longer streak to finish. Quite a season: 0-5, 9-1, 0-3. That's life in the Mediocre Valley Conference.

Comment

Someone gave Jacobsen a 1st place vote .. Let that sit in for a second. Team with the most dissapointing season in the league got a vote for COY
                              Interesting theory on that vote on MVCFans. BCPanther posted speculating that Marshall voted for Jacobsen because he would never vote for Muller.

That would explain how Jacobsen got 1 first place vote. . .

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
                                Interesting theory on that vote on MVCFans. BCPanther posted speculating that Marshall voted for Jacobsen because he would never vote for Muller.

That would explain how Jacobsen got 1 first place vote. . .
                                It's possible. Though I think this sort of thing is why people have a lot wrong about Marshall.

Marshall is happy to do the talking on the court. He still does things right. There is a reason fire alarms went off in Normal and not Wichita. There is a reason players showed up early to watch the oppositions walk-thru in Normal and not Wichita. There is a reason Eric Hamilton hasn't punched Hawkins in the nuts. There is a reason Cleanthony Early didn't do a belly-slide across the logo in Normal after leading a last-minute comeback. There is a reason WSU doesn't carry a bail-bondsman on staff.

People are bitter because they lose a lot, but somebody is doing things the right way.

Comment

Working...
                                X