2016 Valley All-Conference Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
    What made Wardle the third best coach in the Valley? His 7th place finish? His starting the Valley season 3-3? Is it going 1-8 in the next 9 games? Or is it just because he finished the season 3-0 against teams that finished in the bottom half of the Valley?
    You have to vote for 3. I would have picked Wardle as a clear 3rd. He blew up the program and started over 2 years ago. They look to be improving. I think you could make a case that literally all of the 7 other coaches under-performed this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Marshall sitting between Jacobson and Muller at the coaches luncheon today. Hilarious to watch if you're interested.

http://www.mvc-sports.com/
      What a spin job by Mitch Holthus in his opening remarks. Hope everyone had their boots on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Someone gave Jacobsen a 1st place vote .. Let that sit in for a second. Team with the most dissapointing season in the league got a vote for COY

My guess is that neither Marshall nor Muller's names appeared on that persons ballot. I assume, if possible, Muller's name would have.

Comment

• This has become the "Who Can Hang With Gregg Marshall On The Cheap Award."

Comment

Except they also said WSU doesn't have the best players.

Can't have it both ways, folks. Well, you can, but it makes you an idiot.
            Just to be fair, they said WSU doesn't have the best player. They did say WSU had 4 of the top 15 players and two of those were top 5. They said Illinois State only had 3 of the top 15 players and 1 of the top 5.

In total they awarded WSU with 12 of the 47 awards. The most of any school. Illinois State had 11 of the 47.

Comment

• No doubt in my mind that Gregg is the best coach practically every year. But this years choice is better than Barry Hinson kast year.

Comment

Marshall sitting between Jacobson and Muller at the coaches luncheon today. Hilarious to watch if you're interested.

http://www.mvc-sports.com/
                Please tell me this is archived somewhere. I was unable to watch.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The coach of the year award is basically a most improved, most overachieved over preseason expatiations. It is not necessarily the best coach award. When you are expected and win 16, 17, 18 games a season you don't have much chance in those categories.

Comment

• As much as I despise Illinois State I do think Muller seems like he's a decent guy. His speech was good, he gave credit to WSU on their season and then got very emotional when talking about the ISU 7 that passed away in the plane crash a few years ago. I don't know what it is but sometimes seeing genuine emotion from people can help change your opinion of them. I'm always going to root against ISU, but my dislike for them likely won't be pointed at Muller quite as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      https://youtu.be/Rm9bLl8ItHY

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                        The coach of the year award is basically a most improved, most overachieved over preseason expatiations. It is not necessarily the best coach award. When you are expected and win 16, 17, 18 games a season you don't have much chance in those categories.
                        So because of Gregg Marshall, Gregg Marshall has now outrun himself out of COY for the foreseeable future.

I really hope the AAC is right around the corner. The insecurity, jealousy, and small-time thinking of this league is pushing WSU out. Even more than the crapass athletic programs that continue to drag us down.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                          As much as I despise Illinois State I do think Muller seems like he's a decent guy. His speech was good, he gave credit to WSU on their season and then got very emotional when talking about the ISU 7 that passed away in the plane crash a few years ago. I don't know what it is but sometimes seeing genuine emotion from people can help change your opinion of them. I'm always going to root against ISU, but my dislike for them likely won't be pointed at Muller quite as much.
                          I actually have no problem with Muller winning it. He got them to 17-1 even with McIntosh getting injured. I just have to laugh at some of the "other" votes lol

Comment

The official athletics website for Missouri Valley Conference

Click on Coach of the Year Luncheon

Personally, I didn't really see anything especially hilarious other that Mitch Holthus talking about the MVC as if it was something super special.

Marshall is sitting to the left of the speaker's podium next to Ben Jacoson. Muller is the 1st chair on the table to the left of the speake's podium so it's not like they were changing pleasantries or anything. The closest they got was when Mitch inteviewed that at a separate bar-style table and he was stitting between 3G and Dirty Dan. Not much eye contact going there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              Welcome to the MVC, where having the best players means the coach is less valuable. That explains a lot right there.

If Marshall wants that bonus money, he's going to have to go out and recruit worse players.
                              Or go deep into the NCAA tournament

Comment

So because of Gregg Marshall, Gregg Marshall has now outrun himself out of COY for the foreseeable future.

I really hope the AAC is right around the corner. The insecurity, jealousy, and small-time thinking of this league is pushing WSU out. Even more than the crapass athletic programs that continue to drag us down.
                                Victim of our own success yep.

Do you disagree that is what it has become? The coach of the year belongs to the coach with the best story line? Marshall's undefeated season, Barry's SIU resurgence (that was tough to type with out laughing too hard), Muller's First time in XX years? It is not about the coach. It is about the story.
                                Last edited by jdmee; March 2, 2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X