No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ventured over to TigerBoard.com, and holy crap, where do I begin . . .

First off, I think that might be the only website their internet filters allow them to view. And it's an old BBS, threaded-message style that lost popularity around the time of Y2K.

They seem to think this is the year Marshall will jump because unlike past years, he doesn't have a great team returning next year. (My proof that they can't get to any websites that have a WSU roster.)

The obligatory, who could really love Wichita, it's a crap-hole comments. How is being in a restroom stop between KC and STL any better? (Two can play the geographic elitist game)

They don't realize just how major of a rebuild their program will require to entice a coach who is already looking ahead to buying that beach house after retirement. It would take a minimum of 3-4 years to make them relevant, and another 2-3 to get near where WSU currently is. And that's only if everything goes right.

Now that his son has graduated, there's nothing sentimental keeping him here. I'll give them a pass on not knowing his daughter will be a HS senior next year.

For someone many of their posters are dying to have, they sure haven't done much research. They believe Marshall would rather be King of Columbia than King of Wichita. But I'm not sure he'd ever unseat King Ignorance.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
      Assuming Marshall stays, I'm excited to see how our success translates to such a large recruiting class for 18-19. Potential first 5 star?? Stealing recruits from the Chickenhawks?? Who knows, new faces can be fun.
      I'm with you here. Every year it seems there there are new goals to shoot for. While a lot of posters on here act like they don't want 5 star recruits because we've done fine without them, don't kid yourself about what a 5 star (the right kid) could do at WSU. It's no coincidence that our 3 highest recruits (VanVleet, Shamet & McDuffie) have been 3 of the best players in recent times. I'm excited to see what's in store for future recruiting classes. It's only going up from here, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        I ventured over to TigerBoard.com, and holy crap, where do I begin . . .

First off, I think that might be the only website their internet filters allow them to view. And it's an old BBS, threaded-message style that lost popularity around the time of Y2K.

They seem to think this is the year Marshall will jump because unlike past years, he doesn't have a great team returning next year. (My proof that they can't get to any websites that have a WSU roster.)

The obligatory, who could really love Wichita, it's a crap-hole comments. How is being in a restroom stop between KC and STL any better? (Two can play the geographic elitist game)

They don't realize just how major of a rebuild their program will require to entice a coach who is already looking ahead to buying that beach house after retirement. It would take a minimum of 3-4 years to make them relevant, and another 2-3 to get near where WSU currently is. And that's only if everything goes right.

Now that his son has graduated, there's nothing sentimental keeping him here. I'll give them a pass on not knowing his daughter will be a HS senior next year.

For someone many of their posters are dying to have, they sure haven't done much research. They believe Marshall would rather be King of Columbia than King of Wichita. But I'm not sure he'd ever unseat King Ignorance.
        I'll say it,

Not only is Marshall better off at WSU over Mizzou,

BUT!

If Marshall did leave this year for another school, our open job would be more attractive over the Mizzou job if we were offering it to the same candidate they were.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Would we hire Jans?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Would we hire Jans?
            Muller
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Would we hire Jans?
              In this hypothetical world that has nary a chance of occurring, I would want:

Jans
              Forbes
              Heier

In that order.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                I'll say it,

Not only is Marshall better off at WSU over Mizzou,

BUT!

If Marshall did leave this year for another school, our open job would be more attractive over the Mizzou job if we were offering it to the same candidate they were.
                Interesting point, Prez -- Missouri is NOT going to be a championship contender next year, if ever; whereas WSU quite likely is (which of course is why Marshall isn't going anywhere: can you imagine him letting someone else come in and drink from the chalice he's so painstakingly filled?) and will even have a reasonable nucleus after next season, by which time we can all hope to be in a new and improved league.

Also amusing the comments apparently being made about glorious Columbia vs. Doodah. I've been through Columbia lots of times, because it's a convenient stop between KC and St. Louis (two actual destinations). And although there are places with which Marshall's name has been connected in the past that have more curb appeal, shall we say, than Wichita does -- Austin comes to mind -- I can say unequivocally that Columbia MO is NOT one of them.

Comment

• Columbia is in the middle of nowhere with very little of the charm that makes a great college town. It has a neat old commercial area but the rest of the city is either rundown or builtup suburban hell.

Columbia is "nice" place to live for people who work in Jeff City because it's sort of close and, well, any place is nice compared to Jeff City. It's also nice compared to many small towns in central Missouri that have been taken over by meth. For anyone else, it's a downgrade.
                  Last edited by rjl; March 8, 2017, 12:46 PM.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Whoever poaches Gregg has to lay 23-24 Million+ on the line. 3.3 M x 7 years on his contract. Can anyone say 5 Million per? How many want to lay that out for a new coaches initial contract?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      Whoever poaches Gregg has to lay 23-24 Million+ on the line. 3.3 M x 7 years on his contract. Can anyone say 5 Million per? How many want to lay that out for a new coaches initial contract?
                      Just don't forget, in FBS football land, money is not a difficult hurdle to overcome.
                      Last edited by Shocker85; March 8, 2017, 04:44 PM.
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                        Columbia is in the middle of nowhere with very little of the charm that makes a great college town. It has a neat old commercial area but the rest of the city is either rundown or builtup suburban hell.

Columbia is "nice" place to live for people who work in Jeff City because it's sort of close and, well, any place is nice compared to Jeff City. It's also nice compared to many small towns in central Missouri that have been taken over by meth. For anyone else, it's a downgrade.
                        Yes, and inhabited by the same idiots who got themselves in this bucket of crap:

One thing about the Koch brothers, they put their money where their mouth is and I'm quite sure their kids WOULD NOT be paying illegals to do their homework for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          Muller
                          Speaking about other MVC coaches, I'm still shocked no one can crack the Jacobson Code. I know he says he doesn't want to leave, but I still think he would be a great success at a school with more resources. Kudos to him for sticking around UNI as long as he has.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Has he ever turned down an offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              Speaking about other MVC coaches, I'm still shocked no one can crack the Jacobson Code. I know he says he doesn't want to leave, but I still think he would be a great success at a school with more resources. Kudos to him for sticking around UNI as long as he has.
                              At a P5, I'd be really worried about his recruiting

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                At a P5, I'd be really worried about his recruiting
                                Maybe. Maybe he'd be to expand his footprint outside of a two state radius too.

X's and O's though, few are better.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X