The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An article you might like:
    Report: Alabama now eyeing others besides Gregg Marshall for coaching vacancy

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      My dream scenario would be he stay here until he was 57 and then turn the reigns over to FVV who will be the youngest D-1 coach in history after spending a short time in the pros and as an assistant. 3G will then go back to Winthrop and spend the last three years of his career at another place he was loved close to his dream retirement home on a South Carolina beach.
      Jim Calhoun & Kevin Ollie :: Gregg Marshall & Fred Van Vleet

Without the post-season ban stuff.

Comment

• http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article17043062.html

Comment

My dream scenario would be he stay here until he was 57 and then turn the reigns over to FVV who will be the youngest D-1 coach in history after spending a short time in the pros and as an assistant. 3G will then go back to Winthrop and spend the last three years of his career at another place he was loved close to his dream retirement home on a South Carolina beach.
          I would honestly love to see that happen.

Marshall retiring as the Winthrop coach is the only thing I would like to see more than him retiring as the Wichita State coach. He would go down as a legend in college athletics history.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Checked in to TideFans.com to see what the thinking is on that side of the aisle. Not a whole lot going on. Seems like a pretty reasonable group of posters.

Only rumor I saw was one which said they heard 3G was leaning to Alabama but needed time to get his family on board with that decision. A rumor that has no more or less validity than most of what has been posted on Shockernet I suppose.

I do think a number of them thought they would have had an answer by today. Tomorrow at the latest. Okay, back to the waiting game.

Comment

• Funny - rifht in the middle of the article is a advertisement wirh the headline "Five Signs of a Heart Attack" I hope a lot of the posters clicked the headline!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Checked in to TideFans.com to see what the thinking is on that side of the aisle. Not a whole lot going on. Seems like a pretty reasonable group of posters.

Only rumor I saw was one which said they heard 3G was leaning to Alabama but needed time to get his family on board with that decision. A rumor that has no more or less validity than most of what has been posted on Shockernet I suppose.

I do think a number of them thought they would have had an answer by today. Tomorrow at the latest. Okay, back to the waiting game.
                Nothing that happens tomorrow will be believed.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                  Rosey Palm had wsu on bubble if we had lost to UNI. Sad but probably true.
                  That was only if we lost to them twice. We would have been bubble in though, not bubble out. He also said that Murry State wouldn't get an at large which was correct.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Who else is feeling really good that the day is almost over and no news!?

:)

I take that back. There HAS been news...news that other new names are now being thrown around.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                      Nothing that happens tomorrow will be believed.
                      Are you saying monkeys will finally be flying out my backside?
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        Who else is feeling really good that the day is almost over and no news!?

:)
                        That's a good question. Not really sure what to think. Perhaps ADES told Gregg he needed another day or two to firm up a counter offer to present to Coach and maybe Gregg wanted to give his family some space to contemplate the situation as well. Seems like Alabama has made a very credible offer.

Comment

• NM

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Are you saying monkeys will finally be flying out my backside?
                            If you have a pic of that, why I'm gonna...

Comment

FVV is 21 right? In 5 years, he would be 26. Unfortunately, Dane Fife became the head coach of IPFW at 25. If you're including all of D-1, Tyler Summitt because the head coach of the women's team at Louisiana Tech at 23.

Maybe FVV will be the youngest head coach of a team that hits #1 in the polls? Or the youngest head coach to reach a Final Four?

Comment

• Alright no one likes a smartass. :) you get my point

Comment

Working...
                                X