The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    This is what pisses me off about the fans of these schools.

I go and read the **** they say and this is basically what I hear:

"Oh, please let us have Gregg Marshall"
    "We need to go get Gregg Marshall"
    "We need to go throw a ton of money at Marshall"
    "Gregg would be stupid to turn us down"

You effing fair weather jackasses. Maybe if you would have gone to the damn games, Grant could have sold the program better to recruits. Maybe if you went to games, the players would play better. Maybe if you went to games, you would have won more. Players don't like to play in front of dead crowds half the time. It all goes together.

You don't support your team only when they win. You don't just go to games when they win. If you want a winner, you have to support it. When you support it, even when they suck, it makes an impression. Your impression has sucked. That's why your program has. It's not the coach, it's YOU!

Now you beg because you want a winner. Well, STFU! You don't deserve one just because you have money.

This is why WSU winning means more and is more satisfying to us, than it could EVER mean to programs like yours. Because we have to support it and cheer it on every step of the way. Through the losing and the winning. You fans have no offing clue what that is like.

So just go away, if you get Marshall, great. I'm happy for you, but you don't deserve him. He's too damn good for your program. Because you won't appreciate him.
    YES!!!!! EPIC POST!!!!!!
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

You effing fair weather jackasses. Maybe if you would have gone to the damn games, Grant could have sold the program better to recruits. Maybe if you went to games, the players would play better. Maybe if you went to games, you would have won more. Players don't like to play in front of dead crowds half the time. It all goes together.

You don't support your team only when they win. You don't just go to games when they win. If you want a winner, you have to support it. When you support it, even when they suck, it makes an impression. Your impression has sucked. That's why your program has. It's not the coach, it's YOU!

Now you beg because you want a winner. Well, STFU! You don't deserve one just because you have money.

This is why WSU winning means more and is more satisfying to us, than it could EVER mean to programs like yours. Because we have to support it and cheer it on every step of the way. Through the losing and the winning. You fans have no offing clue what that is like.

So just go away, if you get Marshall, great. I'm happy for you, but you don't deserve him. He's too damn good for your program. Because you won't appreciate him.
      Well said
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

There should be a way we can clean this up and publish it as an open letter somewhere.

Comment

• Why clean it up?
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

You win the internet!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Perhaps more telling is the attendance for the home NIT game against Illinois that the Tide dominated 79-58 in front of a raucous crowd of 2,348.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Nice post. WSU doesn't get Gregg Marshall had it not been for our unwavering fan support. No coach wants to to have to go out and recruit people to come to the games.

Comment

• The post from SHOXMVC earlier today certainly resonated with me as something very likely. The "Quiet Day" article seems favorable. The Parrish comment as well. I can still see Gregg being tempted just because he might like a new challenge. I can see him saying "Holy crap that's a lot of money". I can see the rest of the family resisting because the love what they've got. I can see Gregg letting it simmer a couple days just to see if there is any movement on Lynn, Kellen and Maggie's part. I can't see Gregg going against family wishes.

If Alabama and Bill Battle end up with egg on their face, that's their fault. They should never have taken this to the media. Shame on them for letting their SEC ego get the best of them.

I can see this going to the end of the week. Gregg is holding all the cards and can take as much time as he wishes.

I hope the family holds strong in their resolve to stay. I hope the Wichita economy doesn't suffer too much from everybody watching for media reports.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post

Good grief. That is just shameful.

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                      Somebody e-mail this picture to Gregg Marshall. That photo all by itself should end any thought he might give to the Alabama job.
                      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• image.jpg

Since I know the Alabama fans are checking our board, THIS is what fan support looks like.

Comment

• image.jpg
                          Last edited by Shocker Mama; March 31, 2015, 08:07 PM.

Comment

This is why you're the Prez!
                            Last edited by Bluzrover; March 31, 2015, 07:56 PM. Reason: I'm a grammar idiot.

Comment

• Anybody have a picture of our NIT game against Nebraska a few years back?
                              The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Attached Files
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X