No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Below are photos from the Alabama versus WSU matchup on 12/17/2013. At #11 at time of play, we were the second highest ranked team to visit their morgue... err... sorry, "Coleman Coliseum" during the 2013-2014 season. The season immediately preceding, Alabama had finished second in the SEC.

The 'official' attendance at the game below? Try not to laugh, but 9918, or a claimed 2/3rds full. Yeah... uh, huh.

While their paid attendance is roughly equivalent to ours, their actual butts-in-seats is a long, longs ways from that number. According to information posted by @Art Bunch: earlier today in this very thread (post #1488), Alabama has never come CLOSE to averaging full capacity in Coleman Coliseum. Their highest season average was in 1991, and they were still nearly 3,000 short. In the best MBB season in their history - an E8 in 2004 - they were roughly 6,000 seats short of capacity on average. The very next season after the E8 - 3,500 short.

Any Bama fan who is arguing that a winning product will produce butts-in-seats is either willfully ignorant, or just stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      This is what pisses me off about the fans of these schools.

So just go away, if you get Marshall, great. I'm happy for you, but you don't deserve him. He's too damn good for your program. Because you won't appreciate him.
      The funny thing is ... this is almost exactly what I end up saying when I'm on Florida State forums.

Fans that sell out arenas deserve success. Fans that leave their arenas half empty don't.

You don't deserve a winner/coach because you're whatever name brand school in whatever conference. Just buying a good coach doesn't create a winner. You have to build a winner, from the base of the fans up.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Perhaps more telling is the attendance for the home NIT game against Illinois that the Tide dominated 79-58 in front of a raucous crowd of 2,348.
        ^This is likely closer to a true average for them, because in this case it was actual tickets sold equals butts-in-seats.

Comment

• We are probably lashing out at Alabama too much, but what the hell are we supposed to do? Idle hands...
          “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

I go and read the **** they say and this is basically what I hear:

"Oh, please let us have Gregg Marshall"
            "We need to go get Gregg Marshall"
            "We need to go throw a ton of money at Marshall"
            "Gregg would be stupid to turn us down"

You effing fair weather jackasses. Maybe if you would have gone to the damn games, Grant could have sold the program better to recruits. Maybe if you went to games, the players would play better. Maybe if you went to games, you would have won more. Players don't like to play in front of dead crowds half the time. It all goes together.

You don't support your team only when they win. You don't just go to games when they win. If you want a winner, you have to support it. When you support it, even when they suck, it makes an impression. Your impression has sucked. That's why your program has. It's not the coach, it's YOU!

Now you beg because you want a winner. Well, STFU! You don't deserve one just because you have money.

This is why WSU winning means more and is more satisfying to us, than it could EVER mean to programs like yours. Because we have to support it and cheer it on every step of the way. Through the losing and the winning. You fans have no offing clue what that is like.

So just go away, if you get Marshall, great. I'm happy for you, but you don't deserve him. He's too damn good for your program. Because you won't appreciate him.
            It's like hunting game for sustenance as opposed to trophies. Basketball is sustenance for Wichita State and nothing more than a buck rack on the wall for a football school.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I go and read the **** they say and this is basically what I hear:

"Oh, please let us have Gregg Marshall"
              "We need to go get Gregg Marshall"
              "We need to go throw a ton of money at Marshall"
              "Gregg would be stupid to turn us down"

You effing fair weather jackasses. Maybe if you would have gone to the damn games, Grant could have sold the program better to recruits. Maybe if you went to games, the players would play better. Maybe if you went to games, you would have won more. Players don't like to play in front of dead crowds half the time. It all goes together.

You don't support your team only when they win. You don't just go to games when they win. If you want a winner, you have to support it. When you support it, even when they suck, it makes an impression. Your impression has sucked. That's why your program has. It's not the coach, it's YOU!

Now you beg because you want a winner. Well, STFU! You don't deserve one just because you have money.

This is why WSU winning means more and is more satisfying to us, than it could EVER mean to programs like yours. Because we have to support it and cheer it on every step of the way. Through the losing and the winning. You fans have no offing clue what that is like.

That may be the best post in the history of your 10 year career on here. Maybe one of the best in history of this board period. Like I said, BB coaches at football schools are treated like a leased car, disposable and traded in at the whim of the owner, despite still performing adequately.

Comment

• Check out @JasonKingBR's Tweet: https://twitter.com/JasonKingBR/stat...370930688?s=09
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                  -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• We need to put the picture that kcshocker11 along with every with every opposing coach and national play by play guy quotes about Koch Arena underneath it.

Then we need to turn it into a billboard paid for by Shockernet and plant it on E Central or E 13th somewhere between Wichita and Andover.

Hell put one out by the airport or Jabara too so when these shyster turd stain ADs come into poach they will know they are behind enemy lines

Comment

• Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                      Anybody have a picture of our NIT game against Nebraska a few years back?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                        Is that anything new? Unless Patterson is getting rejects, he won't get offered.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          And that's not even the best.

Comment

• I see WSU at #7 on this list. Can someone help me find Bama?

The most intimidating environments in college basketball share some common characteristics. Six Division I coaches interviewed this week helped identify the five factors that go into creating a daunting home court.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                              And that's not even the best.

https://youtu.be/KJDwkmZhAJ0
                              Video Highlights from the Shockers battle with Nebraska in the NIT
                              “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• We are talking a lot of **** right now, but if HCGM announces he is going to Alabama tomorrow, we will be eating it.
                                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Working...
                                X