X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
    I hate this %#<k!$ thread!
    Me too!

However, this thread was created because talk about HCGM's opportunities were preveleant throughout other threads and was a legitimate distraction to the discussion. It was/is hoped that this thread would aggregate the chatter, as well as providing those who desire to avoid the discussion all together the ability to do so by not reading the thread.

Go Shocks!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Gottlieb gets a lot of crap on this board and I sort of get it because he trolls on Twitter a lot, but the guy has a ton of insight on college basketball. His segment on 810 WHB each week with Soren Petro is always great radio.

I don't think I would worry a ton about NC State if I was a Shocker fan. It's a job with good facilities and pretty good history, but they are a clear cut third place in the Research Triangle. In some ways, it is similar to what Gregg has at Wichita State. While WSU has outperformed K-State in recent years, it faces the same sort of dilemma as NC State in terms of being the third most prestigious job in the state (not being insulting just being realistic with two P5 teams in your state). I think if Gregg leaves WSU it will be for the type of job where you are the the man in a geographical area at a big time P5. Indiana and Arkansas both could come open either this year or next year and those are two that would concern me far more than NC State.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
        Gottlieb gets a lot of crap on this board and I sort of get it because he trolls on Twitter a lot, but the guy has a ton of insight on college basketball. His segment on 810 WHB each week with Soren Petro is always great radio.

I don't think I would worry a ton about NC State if I was a Shocker fan. It's a job with good facilities and pretty good history, but they are a clear cut third place in the Research Triangle. In some ways, it is similar to what Gregg has at Wichita State. While WSU has outperformed K-State in recent years, it faces the same sort of dilemma as NC State in terms of being the third most prestigious job in the state (not being insulting just being realistic with two P5 teams in your state). I think if Gregg leaves WSU it will be for the type of job where you are the the man in a geographical area at a big time P5. Indiana and Arkansas both could come open either this year or next year and those are two that would concern me far more than NC State.
        Arkansas? lolzzzz

I can see why one troll would like another troll so well. Definitely plausible.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
          Me too!

However, this thread was created because talk about HCGM's opportunities were preveleant throughout other threads and was a legitimate distraction to the discussion. It was/is hoped that this thread would aggregate the chatter, as well as providing those who desire to avoid the discussion all together the ability to do so by not reading the thread.

Go Shocks!
          I hated this thread as well, especially during the whole Alabama thing but anymore this thread just provides a good laugh because it's funny to see the articles and how these condescending analysts and writers have no clue as to what he has here.
          Last edited by Walker; February 15, 2017, 09:30 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Guys! I just saw where a JET is leaving ICT heading to NC! Is anybody tracking this???

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
              Guys! I just saw where a JET is leaving ICT heading to NC! Is anybody tracking this???
              😂😂😂 Come on now! GGG is with the team right now at siu!

Comment

Guys! I just saw where a JET is leaving ICT heading to NC! Is anybody tracking this???
                Anybody ever think all these airplane based coaching rumors are started by flightaware.com to drive traffic?

I know it's cooky but it makes just as much sense as Gregg entertaining the thought of taking half of these jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
                   Come on now! GGG is with the team right now at siu!
                  Good point, someone check the flight trackers out of carbondale.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                    Good point, someone check the flight trackers out of carbondale.
                    Guys, there are NO flights from Carbondale to NC! Anybody know the Greyhound routes? (Stop this madness! It's ridiculous! According to my sources, HCGM leaving is about as likely as Trump winning the presidency! Wait...)

Comment

Guys, there are NO flights from Carbondale to NC! Anybody know the Greyhound routes? (Stop this madness! It's ridiculous! According to my sources, HCGM leaving is about as likely as Trump winning the presidency! Wait...)
                      It's pretty obvious he's not flying there ...

He plans on stealing the SIU bus and driving himself there after the game. Heck, he wants this job so bad, he might leave at halftime!

Comment

• ARKANSAS??? LOL NO.

Even Indiana is a dumpster fire right now.

Marshall is not leaving for NC State either.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmor1971 View Post
                          Next year's team could be the best he has ever coached. Quite possibly a top 10....
                          Marshall already coached an undefeated 1 seed with 3 future NBA players on the roster. Next year could be very good, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it won't be Marshall's best team.

Can you tell I'm still mad about how 2014 ended?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                            Marshall already coached an undefeated 1 seed with 3 future NBA players on the roster. Next year could be very good, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it won't be Marshall's best team.

Can you tell I'm still mad about how 2014 ended?
                            I honestly think next years team has the potential to be just as good as the 13-14 team. Whether they are able to reach that potential remains to be seen but the pieces are there.
                            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• I hope McDuffie as a Jr can be as good as Cle was as a Sr, but that's far from a guarantee.
                              I hope our bigs can be as good as Carter/Lufile/Coleby, but I'm not holding my breath.
                              I can't imagine our guards will match Fred and Ron.
                              Tekele was a special player.

All of that also leaves out the amazing Chemistry the Shox had in 2014. I hope next year's team can match it. I doubt they can exceed it.

Dang, 2014... grrrr. What could have, even should have, been.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                                I honestly think next years team has the potential to be just as good as the 13-14 team. Whether they are able to reach that potential remains to be seen but the pieces are there.
                                I agree. A lot of it is that most of our players maintaining where they are at, Landry and Markis have a higher ceiling with weight and strength gains, and improvement from Willis like Carl Hall between his Jr and Sr. year.

Comment

Working...
                                X