No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It'll be interesting to see if they do the same thing to Gonzaga this year. I fully expect the committee to send to Buffalo for the 1st round.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• If we end up with 5 losses and either.....get left out or.....get the play-in game again, I can see being frustrated with a situation that might never get better.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        If we end up with 5 losses and either.....get left out or.....get the play-in game again, I can see being frustrated with a situation that might never get better.
        Yep, and this is the ONLY concern at this point. The inability to get an at large when you are CLEARLY an at large team or otherwise have to be perfect or all but perfect to be included, barring the auto-qualification. If there is to be a downfall, it will be this.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Yep, and this is the ONLY concern at this point. The inability to get an at large when you are CLEARLY an at large team or otherwise have to be perfect or all but perfect to be included, barring the auto-qualification. If there is to be a downfall, it will be this.
          That'd be enough to run a coach off.

Comment

• NC State has made the decision, after three straight blowout losses, to fire coach Mark Gottfried at the end of the season.

NC State open. I do not believe Gregg would be interested but I am sure he will be mentioned.
            Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
              http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...wolfpack-coach

NC State open. I do not believe Gregg would be interested but I am sure he will be mentioned.
              a comment on that article.

It will be Archie Miller. Gregg Marshall's stock has been slipping for over a year now. Stupid move by him...should have taken the Texas job
              In what world has Gregg's "stock" slipped. If anything, he's just no longer mentioned because people realize he has a better gig that 99% of the jobs that open up.

Comment

• I also missed the part where Texas has a better current and future outlook than WSU.

Always fun, the comments by the ignoramus' this time of year.

Comment

• Yep, should've did what Shaka did. Become a bottom dweller and be unemployed in 3 years.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We're off the radar of most casual fans because we're not ranked and haven't been all season. Most fans have no idea we're 24-4 and about to break some hearts in the NCAA.

Comment

• He's already turned down NC State once I don't think this time would be any different
                      ShockerNut 2305

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        In what world has Gregg's "stock" slipped. If anything, he's just no longer mentioned because people realize he has a better gig that 99% of the jobs that open up.
                        The first part I agree with, but the second part is so ignorant, I'm now questioning myself.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

• Mentioned as the ideal first choice for the Illini but...

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I think Gregg has got waaaay too much good to even consider it. Great crop of young talent. A huge center next year. Possibly a second one. Why rebuild a NC State or Illi or Texas??? The only way I see him potentailly needing to leave is if the "powers that be" (networks) snub him this year with a 29-5 record. If that ultimately happens (which would seem impossible)...then he may be forced to have second thoughts. Even then though...its seems highly unlikely.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                              Mentioned as the ideal first choice for the Illini but...

http://www.btpowerhouse.com/2017/2/1...all-dan-muller
                              I think it's funny that these low level P5 sites always give fan service trying to find some reason a "name" coach would consider them.

While Muller might be a good fit, I thought this line was funny:

(Muller) has created a stable program at Illinois State that could translate to Illinois.
                              Umm...
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

• I love that we've reached the point where now we are just getting repeats of the open jobs. Illinois, Mizzou, NC State, Clemson maybe. Been there, didn't do those.

Comment

Working...
                                X