The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    Not sure what anyone else thinks, but I think you guys got a good one. I think he will get things trending in the right direction for Vandy.
    It's a great hire and most everyone is excited (now). It's just that the message board fans that had followed the "behind the scenes" type stuff had started to believe that Marshall might actually come. So, when you go from splash, grand slam to the best of the up and comers, it's hard to readjust your expectations. If we had started thinking that Drew was the first target, there would be zero complaints.

Scratch that, there are some complaints that we didn't move on VCU's Wade immediately, but that didn't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by VandyFan View Post
      It's a great hire and most everyone is excited (now). It's just that the message board fans that had followed the "behind the scenes" type stuff had started to believe that Marshall might actually come.
      May I point your compatriots to the venerable Ron Jeremy?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        May I point your compatriots to the venerable Ron Jeremy?
        Well, in fairness, it doesn't take 4-5 days to say "no".... or so we thought. As I said before everybody was in "get your 'no' from Marshall and then go get Wade" mode for about a day and a half. Then word came back that there were actual negotiations on facilities, etc. In the end, it didn't happen just like most of us suspected to start with. Can blame us for trying, right?

Comment

• Valpo's facilities are so, so bad. Administrative support not much better. Without the Drew family lifeline, I think they will freefall once Bryce's recruits exit.

Comment

• *States that judging fan bases off message boards is dumb*
            *Gets response with link to 3 message boards as a counter argument*
            *Understands why Trump is a thing*

Comment

• Originally posted by VandyFan View Post
              No! We loooooooooooove Memorial. It's got 3 levels that go straight up (and not out like today's gyms) with exposed concrete walls. Just due to the design alone it gets really loud, and I believe that's why it's such a tough place to play for opposing teams. The benches are just part of the "charm", but a part that we like. No Vandy fan has any problem with Memorial Gym just would like to see it spruced up a bit. The benches are on the ends because Adolph Rupp complained about having to climb up stairs to the raised floor when they were on the side.

As far as Stallings, after 17 years you know what you're going to get, and if he's not giving that to you it's time to move on. The last two times his seat was warm like this he made S16 in the tournament to get everyone back on board. No such luck for him this time. Best quote I've heard about Stallings in all of this was:

He can take a bad talent and make it look pretty good.
              He can take pretty good talent and make it look pretty good.
              He can take awesome talent and make it look pretty good.

Our team had 3 future NBA players on it this year. Seth Greenburg picked us for the Final 4 at the beginning of the season, and we end up with a play in game as an 11 seed. It was unfortunately par for the course.
              That talent assessment was priceless!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                *States that judging fan bases off message boards is dumb*
                *Gets response with link to 3 message boards as a counter argument*
                *Understands why Trump is a thing*
                Your responses are getting very predictable and stale.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Popping by CU's board for five wasted minutes this morning I found a couple of gems. "Creighton bars" is the third topic on their mbb forum and this nugget near the end of the omnibus 2015-16 thread:

"With Valparaiso's loss in the NIT last night, we've moved up to No. 39 in KenPom. We were around 50 after the BE tourney. This might be our best postseason ever!"
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                    Popping by CU's board for five wasted minutes this morning I found a couple of gems. "Creighton bars" is the third topic on their mbb forum and this nugget near the end of the omnibus 2015-16 thread:

"With Valparaiso's loss in the NIT last night, we've moved up to No. 39 in KenPom. We were around 50 after the BE tourney. This might be our best postseason ever!"
                    From what I've seen in the tenor and tone on this site for the last few weeks (and we all, including myself, have strong opinions), I would think discussing "Shocker bars" might be a better topic for Shockernet. It might actually get people to agree.

Comment

Popping by CU's board for five wasted minutes this morning I found a couple of gems. "Creighton bars" is the third topic on their mbb forum and this nugget near the end of the omnibus 2015-16 thread:

At least it went in the right direction for a change.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

CU's best finish during the KenPom era (2002-present) is still behind each of WSU's last 5.

Comment

I thought maybe that was a joke by the CU fan, or perhaps some ignorance, but it is not far from the truth. In the 15 years that kenpom's site has been in existence, CU has broken the final top 25 just twice (#18 in 2013 and #24 in 2014). That's pretty hilarious really, what with the way they hold themselves as the Duke of the Midwest.

On the other hand, WSU has finished in the kenpom top 25 the past six seasons, with an average finish of 13. We haven't finished outside of the KP top 10 since the F4 season.

Always entertaining to contrast reality with CU fan perception. I am happy for them though since they were able to surpass CBB giant Valpo, after their NIT loss.

Comment

Banner that ****.

#BIGEAST
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Banner that ****.

#BIGEAST
                              But seriously. Their AdjD is 36. They should probably make new T-shirts and a giant "Mission Accomplished" banner.

Comment

• Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 18m18 minutes ago

David Williams @VandyMBB AD saying search never went to Wichita; said picked the coach (Bryce Drew) who said Vandy would be in title game.
                                2 retweets 4 likes

Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN 15m15 minutes ago
                                @ESPNAndyKatz @VandyMBB It may not have gone to Wichita; but Bryce wasn’t the first choice, either. Williams used Fogler for cover.

Comment

Working...
                                X