The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    Ha. I'm dumb. I just looked at the article I found again, it was from a few years ago, was the previous raise that Jacobson received, not the latest one from this week.
    And you did, so here's my apology. I'm sorry I did not see your post. We posted at roughly the same time and I overlooked it.

Comment

• If Kai made a buck for every post, yesterday's SN traffic alone would have funded a nice portion of 3G's enhanced package.

Umm, wait, that didn't come out the way I meant it...

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        If your logic were right, then Marshall wouldn't be the highest paid college basketball coach at a school that doesn't have football. All of the highest paid coaches would be at schools that don't have football.
        Other than those with football MAY not rely on their donors quite as much for AD revenue.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
          Other than those with football MAY not rely on their donors quite as much for AD revenue.
          That's a good point. It is true that donors are less stretched if there's only one sport. Money is money regardless of where it comes from, though. The whole thing is too much of a chicken/egg debate to know for sure. If Alabama pays their next coach 4 million that money came purely from revenue from Football. If basketball becomes good at Alabama, your revenue from basketball starts to become more self-sufficient.

I just meant we shouldn't down play what just happened. This is absolutely historic.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            That's a good point. It is true that donors are less stretched if there's only one sport. Money is money regardless of where it comes from, though. The whole thing is too much of a chicken/egg debate to know for sure. If Alabama pays their next coach 4 million that money came purely from revenue from Football. If basketball becomes good at Alabama, your revenue from basketball starts to become more self-sufficient.

I just meant we shouldn't down play what just happened. This is absolutely historic.
            Agreed! Absolutely! I gotta figure HCGM is here for the long haul now!

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              Folks, enough of this petty back and forth. Please stop or timeouts will be issued.
              Exactly we are all Shocker fans. Everybody has a right to their opinion. As Aretha used to sing R E S P E C T.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                And in addition, thank you to the many people who go unnamed who contribute to the coaches' club. This community truly unites behind the black and yellow. Having a dedicated and large group of donors who give hard cash that goes directly to retaining our basketball coaches (plural), is simply awesome. I love the fact that all of the coaches are taken care of.
                AMEN!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                  Coach doesn't just leave for Texas or Alabama. He doesn't just leave for a football school. If they make an offer that he can't ignore, he tells Sexton, Sexton gets to work, and a few days later Marshall tells whoever, "Thanks, but I'm good."
                  I do believe this is known as, "calling it." :)

Comment

That's like the CarMax version of how vehicle purchases go down. You're right, but there was a ton of drama you missed between those few words! haha

Comment

Here you go

The Assman

Comment

• What did I tell you guys!!!

You are gonna need these for the future!!!

β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Jeff Borzello ‏@jeff:borzello 4m4 minutes ago
                          Yep. RT @ESPNAndyKatz: Sources: Donovan eyes jump to NBA http://es.pn/1DAg1BN
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Buckle up!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                              Jeff Borzello ‏@jeff:borzello 4m4 minutes ago
                              Yep. RT @ESPNAndyKatz: Sources: Donovan eyes jump to NBA http://es.pn/1DAg1BN
                              He literally signed a new contract last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTop View Post
                                He literally signed a new contract last night.
                                Gregg would lose 100% cred if he even sniffed at Florida this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X