The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis is a good job.

But it took me about 15 seconds to think of 15 specific programs that are pretty much unquestionably better, and I don't do this for a living. After about 2 more minutes of thinking, you could probably make arguments for and against Memphis using a set of about 25 teams below that.

A good job. Nothing special.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Rich Hollenberg
      ‏@RichOnSports
      @PaulS:uellentrop I think only positive would be overall strength of conference, by current comparison. And local talent level.

Paul Suellentrop ‏@PaulS:uellentrop · 28m28 minutes ago

Paul Suellentrop Retweeted Rich Hollenberg

Those are two big ones.
      Dude, you need to just hide in a cave every April.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Memphis is a good job. I just dont know if its better than Wichita St. They have more leverage to change conferences (football)

I just dont think Memphis is that much better to where it would make Marshall leave. Theres a hug difference between Winthrop and Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
          I have never heard Gregg say I will leave for the right situation
          Neither have I, but pin lives in fear about Marshall's status. He should buy a bunch of stock in the manufacturer of Prozac so he at least gets some benefit from it.

Comment

• Memphis is a great job for a coach coming from a small conference. Maybe even a good job for a coach from a lower to middle tier school in a P5 program looking for an opportunity to be at a top program in its conference. It's not a great job for a coach coming from a similar or better situation.

Comment

• And HCGM has a daughter in high school. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd do anything that would make his baby girl unhappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                I have no problem with KWCH News and Weather. Roger, Cindy and the rest are solid, Merrill and Ross are good. After the Weather I simply turn over to Big Bang reruns. Works for me.
                I have no problem with Ross, but he needs to leave his dog at home.

Comment

• Now they are claiming Tad Boyle will be their next coach
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Memphis is one of the basketball programs that can almost run on auto-pilot. With the talent they have in the area, talent that has always been willing to stay at home, it should be a no-brainer for most coaches. Unfortunately for them, Pastner was himself a no-brainer.
                    I believe their expectation is that they roll out a solid, top 25 team every year and spend the rest of their effort getting football to a level of consistency where the B12 will invite them to join when the conference finally decides to expand. That should be the expectation for Memphis.

So this is why I'm kind of confused about some of their fans desperate affection for HCGM. In all honesty, just about any coach NOT named Josh Pastner would succeed at Memphis. In other words, they don't need Marshall to have a good team, there are a number coaches besides Gregg Marshall that would love to have a shot at that job and could come in there and get back to winning in short order. Coaches that wouldn't cost them $4 plus million.

Comment

• I dunno that it is a great job, but it's not in the Valley

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Summer's Will?
                          MassenWill
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

OMG OMG OMG, some guy made a list of people he wants to coach Memphis and put it on the internets! OMG OMG OMG

Why hasn't Marshall himself created an account for this shifty website and denied the rumor in the comments? Must mean something! OMG, Pin, call Will and Jeffrey, I think you're onto something.

Comment

• Everybody but shocker fans think this guy is in demand.

Comment

Everybody but shocker fans think this guy is in demand.
                                And I would like to bone Taylor Swift, but I'm living in this thing called real life and I know that it's not going to happen so I'm not going to waste any time trying to make it happen.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X