Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
    I agree.

Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
      Now that we are all happy that HCGM is staying and is the highest paid coach that has not won a national championship:

1) Do you think he stays until he wins a NC or retires?

2) Do you think there is more pressure on HCGM now to make the tournament and advance, continue what he has been doing ie: Rick Barnes?

3) Do you think the new package included moving to a new conference by a certain deadline?

4) Does this set the bar higher for all the other WSU sports teams knowing that WSU will take care of them if they win?

That's all for now.
      He win a Natl title in the next year
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        I still want to make sure its known .. they care about WSU AND WSU basketball. Those very rich people have pumped tons of money in the university for educational reasons also. (Granted its a win-win situation for them since they will see ROI from it)
        Good point. In one case, the university got a lot of money not long ago for a broad range of academic and sports projects, including the arena.

Comment

• This circus starts and ends with Ala-freaking-Bama. Although Shocker fans did, knowingly or unknowingly, carry some of the Tide's water. Out of "Shocker Pride & Principle" I will never cheer for that school/program unless it is in the strategic interest of Wichita State.

Go Shocks!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
            So do we think someone in high places wrote a big check? Or is this goodbye to the upper half of the student section? :)

What number are we going to be seeing on this year's season ticket renewal? I'm good with whatever...
            There was a pass the church plate meeting on Tuesday at Flint Hills. The plate ended up overflowing. You can do the math and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
              Possibly, We don't know, but 2-3 million dollars difference is a lot more of an incentive to move than $1 million.

I don't think so. Because someone takes another job does not mean that they feel they have done all they could at the current job. My guess is that if Marshall felt like he has done all he could do here, WSU's counter-offer wouldn't have mattered. He would have been gone.

This is something that will never be known. All we know is that Lynn and the kids, WSU's counter-offer and all the other factors that Marshall used to make his decision kept him from leaving.
              Look if you guys really want to know the answers, I can provide them Monday. On Sunday I am attending my wife's family Easter function, two of her uncles are donors, one is a big donor the other not so much but he likes to talk. We are catholic so there will be a few beers and I'm sure this weeks events will be a topic of discussion. It's either going to be he was all but gone or he was never close just wanted to see how much he was loved. I know he was very tempted with the Mizzu offer last year. It will be interesting to see what they say about this years courtship.

Comment

• Probably would have been a $3.5 million/year contract if we practiced free throws more.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Whew, I need a vacation…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Sorry, I just HAVE to share. Doesn't appear Alabama is taking the rejection well. The comments are priceless.

Bill Battle did what what we all wanted: He got rid of Grant, but, at this moment, where does Alabama turn its lonely eyes?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                      So why don't you do what you say, Jamar, and apologize to the board for posting incorrect information.
                      I already did admit my mistake and call myself dumb, just a couple posts PRIOR to you calling me out. When I make mistakes, I admit them.

Comment

• Great day for you Shockers. Good day for the Valley as a whole. Congrats. Didn't think you guys could get over $3mil. Well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                          I already did admit my mistake and call myself dumb, just a couple posts PRIOR to you calling me out. When I make mistakes, I admit them.

War Damn Shockers!!!!!!!!
                          The funniest thing is, the Updykes thought Nick Saban would actually be a huuuuuuge help in recruiting Marshall to AL. I guess they didn't realize that there is a difference in offering a Dodge Charger or Escalade to a high paid coach, versus a football recruit.

Comment

• I saw on Twitter somewhere. But Marshall is the highest paid CBB coach that has no football
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Marshall on Sports Daily right now.

Comment

• "It's ALWAYS a great day to be a Shocker."

HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X