Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
    I agree.

Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?
    I seen you round for a long, long time............

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      I love how a lot of the comments on various boards twitter STILL infer that WSU "cant afford" this contract. They just can't understand that people .. very rich people .. live in Wichita and care about WSU and WSU basketball.
      Works to our advantage...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Congratulations to HCGM for successfully hustling these fools. NCAA will stop calling us mid major and start predicting us as title contenders. That's the way they think.

3.3 changes more things than you can imagine. Conferences will be interested that didn't used to be. We will be looked at like an expected top 25 now. I could go on.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          Congratulations to HCGM for successfully hustling these fools.
          ...............uh..................

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            It was a marketing campaign :)

Comment

I love how a lot of the comments on various boards twitter STILL infer that WSU "cant afford" this contract. They just can't understand that people .. very rich people .. live in Wichita and care about WSU and WSU basketball.
              Very astute observation.

Just remember this: There are people in Wichita who care a lot about Shocker basketball for whom this money is pocket change.

Comment

• I wonder if his coaching staff all got bumps too?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Coach View Post
                  Very astute observation.

Just remember this: There are people in Wichita who care a lot about Shocker basketball for whom this money is pocket change.
                  I still want to make sure its known .. they care about WSU AND WSU basketball. Those very rich people have pumped tons of money in the university for educational reasons also. (Granted its a win-win situation for them since they will see ROI from it)

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    I wonder if his coaching staff all got bumps too?
                    Probably cuts....In fact it might just be Gregg on the sidelines next 7 years......lol. I would guess they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      So this begs these questions.

Was Marshall really going to bolt to Alabama if Wichita State hadn't made the offer they did?
                      Possibly, We don't know, but 2-3 million dollars difference is a lot more of an incentive to move than $1 million.

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      Did he feel he had done all he could here? (Think Stephenson)
                      I don't think so. Because someone takes another job does not mean that they feel they have done all they could at the current job. My guess is that if Marshall felt like he has done all he could do here and he felt taking the Alabama job would allow him to do more, WSU's counter-offer wouldn't have mattered. He would have been gone.

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      Did Lynn and the kids really keep him from leaving?

I guess we'll never know.
                      This is something that will never be known. All we know is that Lynn and the kids, WSU's counter-offer and all the other factors that Marshall used to make his decision kept him from leaving.

Comment

• Mike Kennedy ‏@ShockerVoice 4m4 minutes ago Gregg Marshall came to WSU with a sincere belief in what the program could be. Now he is being rewarded because he's loved for proving it.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          I'm just so happy I was able to say something so bad you actually replied to me. I don't think you've ever done that before. That's something to build on.

Comment

I still want to make sure its known .. they care about WSU AND WSU basketball. Those very rich people have pumped tons of money in the university for educational reasons also. (Granted its a win-win situation for them since they will see ROI from it)
                            I would be curious how much enrollment has increased over the last 5 years. I thought I heard last year it was pretty significant.

Comment

• So do we think someone in high places wrote a big check? Or is this goodbye to the upper half of the student section? :)

What number are we going to be seeing on this year's season ticket renewal? I'm good with whatever...

Comment

• It pissed me off that Alabama was so noisy about this while we were preparing for the Sweet 16. Way more aggressive than UCLA. I'm glad for 100 reasons Marshall is staying but one of them is not to reward Alabama's media circus.
                                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                                X