No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Gregg Marshall tells @BruceHaertl it's been a "tough couple of days" and is "amazed and blessed" at what Wichita State has done." ... Looks like we may have built up more goodwill with him than we had before.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerau View Post
      War Damn Shockers!!!!!!!!
      The funniest thing is, the Updykes thought Nick Saban would actually be a huuuuuuge help in recruiting Marshall to AL. I guess they didn't realize that there is a difference in offering a Dodge Charger or Escalade to a high paid coach, versus a football recruit.
      I got my undergraduate at WSU and my MBA at Auburn. I'm absolutely loving today! F**K ALABAMA!!!

War Damn Shockers!!! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
        Congratulations to HCGM for successfully hustling these fools. NCAA will stop calling us mid major and start predicting us as title contenders. That's the way they think.

3.3 changes more things than you can imagine. Conferences will be interested that didn't used to be. We will be looked at like an expected top 25 now. I could go on.
        I have to give this poster a shout out. Your positivity and confidence never waivered once even when things looked grim.

Comment

• Gotta see if the assistants get raises too, they need them!

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            I have to give this poster a shout out. Your positivity and confidence never waivered once even when things looked grim.
            And in addition, thank you to the many people who go unnamed who contribute to the coaches' club. This community truly unites behind the black and yellow. Having a dedicated and large group of donors who give hard cash that goes directly to retaining our basketball coaches (plural), is simply awesome. I love the fact that all of the coaches are taken care of.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrschh View Post
              I got my undergraduate at WSU and my MBA at Auburn. I'm absolutely loving today! F**K ALABAMA!!!

War Damn Shockers!!! :)

My sentiments exactly! What did you study?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                Agreed, @DJ06Shocker: has had some great posts in the last few days. I stopped "liking" them all because his notifications were going to just say "17 new posts/likes from jdshock"

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerau View Post
                  My sentiments exactly! What did you study?
                  BBA in Marketing at WSU. MBA with emphasis in Finance at Auburn. (Admittedly, it was at the Montgomery campus.)

Comment

• The business meeting that helped keep Gregg Marshall at Wichita State

Comment

• I agree as well. Dude was a stone wall throughout the entire process.

Comment

• Rome now giving Wichita State and Marshall some love right now!!
                        The Assman

Comment

• Billy Donovan getting a new deal from Florida.

I was never worried by them, but still good news for Shocker Nation
                          The Assman

Comment

• Ok, so I checked SN before driving to the Blazer game last night. Told my wife, "Looks like HCGM is staying. Announcement before the weekend." She said, "Good! You can stop checking SN at work and GET SOMETHING DONE!" We settle into our seats pregame with our beers..er, sodas, and I check SN on my phone. WHAT?! 10 extra pages of comments! I start to read about HCGM going to Bama for a visit, and I panic! I literally CAN'T finish reading one page before there are 3 more pages! I just keep skipping to the "newest" page, hoping this is all just an April Fool's joke. My wife says, "Put that thing down until halftime!" I literally can't concentrate on the Blazers game. Suddenly, she hands me her phone, which has a CBS notification: "Gregg Marshall to stay at Wichita State." She fooled me; she had been worried and checking all along! LOL! GREAT day to be a Shocker!

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                              I saw on Twitter somewhere. But Marshall is the highest paid CBB coach that has no football
                              No Football also means that boosters don't have to support both sports.

A $2m football coach (who's program loses money) and $1m basketball coach (who's program might break even) is not that big of a deal.

Gregg at $3m+ is still a good to deal to the people who write the checks.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                                No Football also means that boosters don't have to support both sports.

A $2m football coach (who's program loses money) and $1m basketball coach (who's program might break even) is not that big of a deal.

Gregg at $3m+ is still a good to deal to the people who write the checks.
                                If your logic were right, then Marshall wouldn't be the highest paid college basketball coach at a school that doesn't have football. All of the highest paid coaches would be at schools that don't have football.

Comment

Working...
                                X