• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    Canzano: Shaka Smart has no idea what he's getting into at Texas

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ore...as_no_ide.html
    Yep, true dat

Comment

• It's definitely time to break out some 12 yo Irish Whiskey and a good cigar. It's always a GOOD day to be a Shocker, but some days even more so.

Comment

• I have had a good feeling for the last few days. Tonight I am very happy. .

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
          EXPOSURE!

TrendieWW - Trends @TrendieWW 1h1 hour ago
          "Gregg Marshall" shows up as trending topic world wide at rank 10.

What a great night to be a Shocker. Felt like Gregg was going to stay after Texas decided not to pursue him, but to find out he turned down $5 million is unreal. The fact that we can pay him $3.3 million. We've hit the big time! Now if only Cal can stay at Kentucky forever.

Took out the colors to help some folks be able to read it easier.
          The Assman

Comment

• For those of you who thought this took to long to settle (began Monday afternoon, ended Wednesday night) consider Shaka Smart and Texas. Considering the amount of
            money involved I believe it was settled rather quickly. Alabama's offer was indeed "crazy money".

Comment

• Hey how come my Shockervision bill just went up to 25k a month?
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• They call Alabama the Crimson Tide ... Thankfully you don't have to call me Deacon Bluz!

We won. Go Shox!

Comment

• What a great thing to wake up to.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    @redbird:Recon: $3.3 million will make Gregg Marshall the highest paid coach in college basketball at a school without FBS football. Let that sink in. Paid.

I think KU pays Self more...

Huh? KU does have FBS football?
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      Sully credited with saying Bama offered between $4.2 and $4.9 million per year. That is some crazy, crazy money.
                      What's more bizarre to the average fan? That a coach turned down down the FIFTH HIGHEST SALARY in college basketball from the second richest college athletics department in the country to remain at a Missouri Valley school ... or that a Missouri Valley school just made him the EIGHTH highest paid coach in college basketball?

There are very, very few programs we have to worry about offering him more money now. That list is pretty much Kentucky, UNC, and Florida.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• @JasonKingBR: I knew Wichita St. would come back with a strong offer to keep Gregg Marshall. But I never thought it'd be $3.3 million. How great is that?

@JasonKingBR: Also, let's address the 100-pound gorilla here. How bad does Texas look FOR NOT EVEN CALLING Marshall? That can't be sitting well in Austin
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          My guess is we hadn't made a counter yet and he is sitting there thinking "hey i just got offered 4 million and right now I'm at 1.85. If there is no counter, I'm going to visit because that's a crazy offer." Once he scheduled the visit, the counter materialized fast and boy was it a strong one.
                          IMO, Pat Forde exposed himself as a hack who doesn't bother to confirm stories before putting them out. There's a reason real reporters make sure they have multiple sources for a story. Forde is not a real reporter.

Most people already knew Forde had a shady track record with his "scoops." This demonstrates why. He reports with a single source to get the information out first, without bothering to confirm the information is true.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• TrendieWW - Trends@TrendieWW 1h1 hour ago"Gregg Marshall" shows up as trending topic world wide at rank 10.

What a great night to be a Shocker. Felt like Gregg was going to stay after Texas decided not to pursue him, but to find out he turned down $5 million is unreal. The fact that we can pay him $3.3 million. We've hit the big time! Now if only Cal can stay at Kentucky forever.[/QUOTE]For better viewing in the black & gold skin
                            Last edited by DUShock; April 2, 2015, 06:09 AM. Reason: This post by Henrio posted foe better viewing
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• So this begs these questions.

Was Marshall really going to bolt to Alabama if Wichita State hadn't made the offer they did?
                              Did he feel he had done all he could here? (Think Stephenson)
                              Did Lynn and the kids really keep him from leaving?

I guess we'll never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                                Really? you're "EXCEEDINGLY DISAPPOINTED" about fans discussing a possible major coaching change of a top tier coach to P5 school???? Well Im disappointed that you are disappointed, I guess we will all will just fall in with the company line from now on......that will make for a fun board....all is good.

#sports-is-the-toy-dept-of-life
                                You couldn't have stretched what Doc was saying or the reality of the situation any further. Discussing the possibilities made complete sense. Making demeaning comments about Marshall, and how selfish, and arrogant, and, and, and... it was that type of crap that Doc was talking about, and that type of crap that you and many others should be embarrassed about. Unfortunately, you don't have the common sense to realize it.

Go away.

Comment

Working...
                                X