No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Alabamafan:; Probably not the best place to discuss this topic. I think you've been very respectful, but we have Notre Dame up next, and should we be fortunate enough to win and then somehow find a way to beat Kentucky, then we have to prepare for the Disney movie that's going to be made.

This is our coach and our time. Please stop by prior to any of future Bama vs WSU games that happen in the future! We like to talk basketball with respectful and intelligent fans and you would be quite welcome.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Alabama is prepared to offer him over $3 million. This could be serious. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...gregg-marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
        99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer.
        Take one down and pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall.
        98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer.
        Take one down and pass it around, 97 bottles of beer on the wall.
        97 bottles of beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer.
        Take one down and pass it around, 96 bottles of beer on the wall.
        96 bottles of beer on the wall, 96 bottles of beer.
        Take one down and pass it around, 95 bottles of beer on the wall.
        95 bottles of beer on the wall, 95 bottles of beer.
        Take one down and pass it around, 94 bottles of beer on the wall.
        94 bottles of beer on the wall, 94 bottles of beer.
        Take one down and pass it around, 93 bottles of beer on the wall.
        93 bottles of beer on the wall, 93 bottles of beer.
        Take one down and pass it around, 92 bottles of beer on the wall.
        Damn it. I just read this entire post word for word, savoring each stanza, careful not to skip ahead or rush it, in the hopes of it building up to a sweet punchline at the end. But nothing. Instead I came away feeling as if I had just watched Missouri State play Drake.

I got my eye on you @dwbarcl:.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Damn it. I just read this entire post word for word, savoring each stanza, careful not to skip ahead or rush it, in the hopes of it building up to a sweet punchline at the end. But nothing. Instead I came away feeling as if I had just watched Missouri State play Drake.

I got my eye on you @dwbarcl:.
          Did it leave you feeling empty?
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alabamafan View Post
            I haven't posted one thing that was a troll or flame and will not do it. Not my style. I came here to get a feel for what was going on and try to get some realistic discussion. Most here have simply been offended at the thought of their coach leaving for a school that isn't one of the blue bloods of CBB. I never said he was coming to Alabama. I did say that I would like him to be here but I am a realist.

The comment about getting "used to it" was not intended to cause any issues. I was just trying to say that we (Bama fans) can relate to the talk of our coach is going to __________!
            You'll just have to ignore a lot of the posts on here if you want to have a good time.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              Did it leave you feeling empty?
              How could it...he still has 91 bottles to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickwayne87 View Post
                Alabama is prepared to offer him over $3 million. This could be serious. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...gregg-marshall
                Where you been Nick? Not exactly breaking news you just posted.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  @Alabamafan; Probably not the best place to discuss this topic. I think you've been very respectful, but we have Notre Dame up next, and should we be fortunate enough to win and then somehow find a way to beat Kentucky, then we have to prepare for the Disney movie that's going to be made.

This is our coach and our time. Please stop by prior to any of future Bama vs WSU games that happen in the future! We like to talk basketball with respectful and intelligent fans and you would be quite welcome.

Sorry, didn't mean rile you guys up. Good luck this week.

Comment

Alabama is prepared to offer him over $3 million. This could be serious. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...gregg-marshall
                    Were you in a coma 12 months ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                      Some reasons he won't leave: Lynn, Kellen, Maggie, Evan, Fred, Ron, Rashard, Shaq, Zach, Eric, Landry, Markis, Tyrone and $$$.
                      Maggie already told her Dad she wasn't going anywhere so its a good thing he signed his contract.

Tyrone Taylor or Tyrone Shoelace, or both? I miss Shoelace and Double Dribble, where you at?

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

BREAKING . . .
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• I did some research on this topic and dug up an article from the past during his time at Winthrop:

College basketball fan site featuring the original Mid-Major Top 25 poll, coach columns from NCAA coaches, Angela Lento's Runway to the Fashionable Four and more.

Please give a complete read as it plays perfectly into the narrative today....and Marshall's narrative has never wavered.

He says the same things now that he did then:

says Marshall, “but I feel that on our level being a consistently successful program means competing for your conference championship, whether regular season or tournament every year. Our goal from day one has been to be playing in March with a chance to advance. If we find ourselves playing in March post-season play, then we consider our season a success.”

As we all know Marshall made 7 NCAA tourney appearances in his 9 years at Winthrop and has been successful in the post season the past 5 years at Wichita State. And the reason Marshall stayed at Winthrop all those years is the same as why he has stayed at Wichita State and has been mentioned ad naseum by Marshall...

“It starts with players and we have been able to attract some talented young men to our program and they have allowed us to coach them. I have had a great coaching staff and Winthrop has continued to upgrade the facilities, which has given us one of the finest arenas on any school on our level.”
                            “Every year my job gets better,” says Marshall. “In 1998 I was given an opportunity to be the head coach at Winthrop. Nobody else gave me that opportunity. A lot of people don’t realize how hard it can be to find a good job in this profession. And I have a good one.”
                            The one thing that is different between his job at Winthrop and his job at Wichita State? Winning in March.

You can make a very strong case that Winthrop has been one of the top mid-major programs during Marshall’s tenure at the helm. If you exclude Gonzaga from the discussion, there is a compelling argument for Winthrop to be tops. But five trips to the dance have resulted in five losses.

It’s about the only thing Marshall hasn’t done -- Win in March. If the majors are judged by how deep they go into March, are mid-majors now judged on whether or not they can win an opening round game?
                            Marshall has proven consistently that he can win in March. 2011 NIT Champs, 2013 FF, 2014 Perfect season and game of the tourney, 2015 sweet 16 and MARCHing!

Money alone is not going to lure Marshall away. He and his family are happy here. Sure it could happen, but it wont happen this year given our assets coming back next year. I think there are only about 3 or 4 jobs that could interest him at this point and they reside in the Carolinas.

Quite often the best job is the one you have.
                            LL&P _\\//

Comment

• Please read my post in the Annual HCGM Future Sticky
                              LL&P _\\//

Comment

• Originally posted by Alabamafan View Post
                                That has been true in the past. I think the AD has seen the light and is ready to make the necessary changes to bring the crowds back to Coleman Coliseum.

As a side note. Grant was never really embraced by the fan base because he was an off the radar type guy. He never promoted the program and I know several people that never saw him outside of the arena.
                                Right that was the reason the fans rooted for Grant's to fail this year and encouraged people not to attend games. Look away, look away, look away Dixieland.

Comment

Working...
                                X