No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Most sane and reasonable thing to come out of the media since OMG MARSHALL IS LEAVING, 2015 EDITION debuted a couple of days ago.

We may not keep 3G forever, but you can bet your huevos it won't be Alabama that lands the trophy fish. Whatever sliver of an angle they had with the man they burned with this intentional leak that has caused a distraction during one of the more important weeks in his life. UCLA pissed him off doing the same, and UCLA>Bama by orders of magnitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      I'd just like to say that it gets really old every year that during what should be the best time of year for the Shockers we have to deal with talking about this crap. I wish we could all just enjoy the ride. If he leaves, he leaves. Gregg has given us more than we could ever ask for, and if he wants to leave he can and should, he's earned it. It isn't something we should worry about right now, we should enjoy beating KU and Indiana and looking forward to the Sweet 16 against Notre Dame.
      No.

I'm tired of all the posts offering nothing but disinterest toward the topic of the thread. If you don't want to read/discuss a topic, then just don't open that thread. Filling up threads with countless posts about how disinterested you are in the subject matter is just rude towards those who do hold an interest. If Marshall leaving WSU comes up in a NCAA Tourney thread, then by all means, exile that as a rabbit trail from the thread's intended topic. However, when the conversation is staying within the bounds of the thread it belongs in, just let it do its thing and leave it alone if you aren't interested.

First it was the UNI game that was "too early to discuss". Now it is coach Marshall's future at WSU. Both topics were/are being bombarded with people trying to shut down the discussions.

Thread Nazis I tell you. Thread Nazis.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        I was just on 810 in KC talking on the air about Marshall's situation. The hosts were saying Goatlube and Mike Kennedy have been on the show saying if Texas comes calling for Gregg he is 100% gone. I have a call into MK, because I don't think Mike would say that.
        Mike Kennedy has said in a broadcast interview that he thinks that Texas is the school with the greatest potential to lure Marshall away. Unless he has added to this elsewhere, it is an overstatement to say that it would be a "done deal" if Texas offered. Nonetheless, Mike clearly thinks that Texas is the school in the best position right now to have a chance with Gregg.
        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• The only thing that really irks me is the same tired story... "we have tradition and we have money to give' (sorry this is going to rehash some things)

Gregg has stated multiple times hes cool with money.
          Gregg has proved he doesnt care so much in tradition in the "traditional" sense. The man turned down UCLA. UC FREAKING LA. Home of Wooden, Alcindor, Walton etc etc. It doesnt get anymore "tradition" than UCLA.
          He doesnt want to take a rebuilding job. And has stated so multiple times. If he goes to Alabama he's rebuilding.

He CAN get to the final 4 with a team in the MVC. mid major stigma be damned. He CAN also get a #1 seed via WSU.

I've read multiple times "WSU isnt Gonzaga" etc etc. It took Gonzaga YEARS to become what they are. And exactly what are they? Im not knocking the program they are strong and put good teams out there.
          We've won 30 games or more now for what 3-4 years? We are a constant threat to make deep runs in the tournament.
          Wichita State has an insititution is getting bigger and better. The athletics department alone is about to get a serious department upgrade and we already have some of the best facilities in the country. Not only that but with the educational upgrades happening (Gov Brokeback be damned) we are on the verge to becoming a top flight university in the region.

So I dont get it. Im not saying hes never gonna leave. He will eventually leave. But why would he leave for Alabama?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
            I was just on 810 in KC talking on the air about Marshall's situation. The hosts were saying Goatlube and Mike Kennedy have been on the show saying if Texas comes calling for Gregg he is 100% gone. I have a call into MK, because I don't think Mike would say that. 810 believes if IU, Texas or Bama offers Marshall will take it because of the automatic jump in4/5* recruits he will be coaching. And because Gregg is an outstanding coach, he could win a NC because of how close he has come with the 2/3* kids he gets in Wichita. Plus the money that will be thrown his way. My point to them was I hope Gregg is the type of coach that would gain much more satisfaction of winning a NC with the FVV, Baker, Cotton, Early, Hall, etc...type of recruit at WSU, than the "sometimes" spoiled and I entitled 4/5* recruit he would get at IU, Texas or other P5 school. Their point was if MK and Goatlube said it...it must be gospel. NO WAY...IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!
            I heard MK's interview and he NEVER said that 100% GM is gone if Texas calls. That is an absurd stretch of what was said. I will say that MK went out of his way to make it clear that the Texas job would be of high interest to GM even though it is a football school. The hosts were quite surprised because they thought that GM would only be interested in the true blue bloods like Indiana, NC, Duke, and Kentucky.
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              No.

I'm tired of all the posts offering nothing but disinterest toward the topic of the thread. If you don't want to read/discuss a topic, then just don't open that thread. Filling up threads with countless posts about how disinterested you are in the subject matter is just rude towards those who do hold an interest. If Marshall leaving WSU comes up in a NCAA Tourney thread, then by all means, exile that as a rabbit trail from the thread's intended topic. However, when the conversation is staying within the bounds of the thread it belongs in, just let it do its thing and leave it alone if you aren't interested.

First it was the UNI game that was "too early to discuss". Now it is coach Marshall's future at WSU. Both topics were/are being bombarded with people trying to shut down the discussions.

Thread Nazis I tell you. Thread Nazis.
              Jamar, go kick rocks. Where in my post did I tell people to stop talking about this? I expressed my OPINION, about the subject of this thread. Go take your hyperbole elsewhere if you want to start taking your high and mighty schtick to the limit of trying to be a moderator. For all the time you spend in your echo chamber of posting, you should really work on reading comprehension rather than your fantasy reality you create where you're the savior of all discussion.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I have a classmate, who lives in Austin. We email regularly.

Here is his latest to me regarding t.u. and Coach Marshall.

Yes....I picked the Shocks over the Jaybirds!!

Our morning newspaper is really after the tu coach, Rick Barnes. They are demanding that he be fired. Coach Gregg Marshall's name has been mentioned in several articles, along with a couple of other coaches, as the coach who needs to take over the tu program and lead them to the Promise Land.

Whewwww....please don't let that happen. I do not want to start disliking Coach Marshall. I love him.....

r

Bailey,

This town is going nuts over the victory over KU.

You did pick WSU in your bracket, didn’t you? Tell the truth.

d
                Last edited by _kai_; March 24, 2015, 11:38 AM. Reason: fixed the black text for you Ricardo
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  @kai:

Can you please give shoxlax his thread back? I think you made a mistake. Thanks.
                  @shoxlax: My apologies for the inadvertent consolidation. The error is mine, Shoxlax, even though I no longer drink alcohol, I will happily buy one very soon brother.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Black on dark gray is just a tad hard to read. Fixed.

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                    I have a classmate, who lives in Austin. We email regularly.

Here is his latest to me regarding t.u. and Coach Marshall.

Yes....I picked the Shocks over the Jaybirds!!

Our morning newspaper is really after the tu coach, Rick Barnes. They are demanding that he be fired. Coach Gregg Marshall's name has been mentioned in several articles, along with a couple of other coaches, as the coach who needs to take over the tu program and lead them to the Promise Land.

Whewwww....please don't let that happen. I do not want to start disliking Coach Marshall. I love him.....

Bailey,

This town is going nuts over the victory over KU.

You did pick WSU in your bracket, didn’t you? Tell the truth.

d

Comment

• I went over to a Bama board, and there is rumor/sentiment that Boatright is involved, either as someone who is giving Marshall the particulars of UA and/or is part of a package deal.

Comment

• I just wonder what all this talk about Marshall possibly leaving might be having on our committed recruits and those we are still talking to for future years? Every years it's the same. Will he or won't he? And you know if he does go, he will more than likely take most of his staff with him. I guess that's the price of success, but some of these kids might be hesitant to commit thinking Marshall may exit in any one of their four years here. I know, I know -- that's basketball. But the established coaches (Duke, NC, Louisville, Kansas, etc.) don't have that problem. We do, because some still think that the only GOOD basketball is played in the P5 conferences and therefore ANY coach would jump at the chance to coach in those conferences. And since Marshall always says he will listen to any offer that comes his way, these recruits can't have any confidence that he will be here. (I didn't include Kentucky in the above list because at any time their coach may head for the NBA -- One can only hope).

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          I went over to a Bama board, and there is rumor/sentiment that Boatright is involved, either as someone who is giving Marshall the particulars of UA and/or is part of a package deal.
                          If there is any truth to that DB might want to pick himself up a Kevlar vest and bodyguard, regardless of what 3G decides.

I'm being facetious obviously, but he better polish up his LinkedIn profile and the ol' resume. If that comes out to the citizens of Wichita in a confirmed manner, he'll need a 'go bag' and an evacuation plan.

Could all be BS too, but what an odd, random tangent to come out from nowhere.

Comment

• Andy Katz talks with Xavier Musketeers coach Chris Mack and Arizona Wildcats guard T.J. McConnell about their NCAA tournament Sweet 16 matchup, and he explains why Wichita State Shockers coach Gregg Marshall is unlikely to coach the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Andy Katz talks with Chris Mack and T.J. McConnell about their Sweet 16 matchups, and he explains why Gregg Marshall is unlikely to coach at Alabama.

Comment

• Guys, please don't forget that during the Stanford discussion it was specifically mentioned that the real estate in Palo Alto was considerably higher than Wichita.

While Austin isn't Palo Alto, I'm betting that he'd have to spend probably 50% more at a minimum to have the same digs in Austin, maybe much more.

And I'm not even going to start talking about property taxes. I'm betting he'd have to pay somewhere around $35K a year for those alone, based on a $2 million price tag for a house.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                                Jamar, go kick rocks. Where in my post did I tell people to stop talking about this? I expressed my OPINION, about the subject of this thread.
                                You were actively complaining that this thread even exists. You said it gets "really old" that you have to "deal with talking about this crap". Guess what? You don't have to talk about it! Posting/reading threads that don't interest you is not a requirement of forum membership.

Sure, you weren't actively using mod powers to close a thread. In that sense, you weren't forcing people to stop. However, you were actively whining about a thread's existance simply because it does not interest you. THAT is the attitude that I'm saying needs to go away. If you (or any other poster) is disinterested in a thread, why not just stay out of the discussion altogether?

Comment

Working...
                                X