No announcement yet.

The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look, let me add a different prospective. This team, this program was built by 3G from the ground up. Its on the verge of being a major player every year. 3G in essence is an entrepreneur. Its his baby hes built it. When one starts from scratch and grows something you care about it hard to give it up. Offer Coach a good pay raise to show that his work is acknowledged. Offer him reassurance of job security and I think it would be hard to leave. I believe he wants to see his baby through to what he perceives as completion.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Alabama and/or Texas need to step up and pay him Top 5 money if they want to get serious. That's more in the $5M/yr range. I don't think a $1M per year raise would cut it. Also, don't think Charles Koch wouldn't step up if needed.
      That was another interesting thing in the podcast - they did talk about the Koch brothers, here is what they said:

[commentator 1]WSU can't compete with that kind of Money.

[Commentator 2]Well in theory they could, because the Koch Brothers
      later on ....

[Commentator 2]I have been told this, because I have asked alot of questions about them because their name is .....Charles Koch name is on the building. Uhmm, they don't care about basketball, from what I have been told. In theory they could pay Gregg Marshall 20 million/year and it wouldn't even matter to them, but I have been told they don't care in that way about basketball at Wichita State, they care enough to put their name on the building, but it doesn't matter to them the way stuff matters to like T-Boone Pickens at Oklahoma State, you know what I'm saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alabamafan View Post
        You should just get used to it man. It will come up every year.

Alabama fans have had to hear the same stuff about Saban going to Texas, the Browns, etc every year that he has been at Bama.
        I will give you a little history here, last year we had a lot of Mizzou fans coming here telling us that Marshall was going there. Before that it was UCLA and the list goes on. So you as a Bama fan are not really breaking new ground here. Sounds like you might be sharing your space with Texas fans. Marshall may or may not leave, but for him there is a lot more involved than how big they can stack the cash. Enjoy your visit.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          And if WSU could make money a non factor, why not just take that factor off the table?
          The key word in that sentence being "if".

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Beat Notre Dame.
            The Assman

Comment

• I actually didn't come here to tell anybody anything about GM. My original post was to inform some of you of what we were hearing here in Tuscaloosa. In that original post, I said I didn't think we get GM. I did say that our AD was gonna aim very high and work from there.

Comment

• I know 'Bama's trying to step up and all, but you have ZERO tradition, you've had a couple of good coaches (Wimp Sanderson, Gottfried and Grant) that your alums ran off. If you can't change the dynamic that ground those coaches down, you're pissing your money away.

The SEC can't help it if they're a good football conference and a mid-major basketball conference (except for Kentucky).

You raised Grant up over $2 million after 2012 and now you're eating the balance of an at least 2.4 million 6 year contract with Grant.

That's serious money you pissed away on a perfectly good coach because he didn't make the NCAA's every year. I'm laughing @ your alums., throwing good money after bad.

Not only that, when you do whiff on Marshall, now you're going to be stuck with choice #2 at an elevated salary because you've already told the world what you thought Marshall's market value was.

Good luck with that!

Comment

You should just get used to it man. It will come up every year.

Alabama fans have had to hear the same stuff about Saban going to Texas, the Browns, etc every year that he has been at Bama.
                  You know what? I'm going to step away from this thread before I say something that I'll regret.

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaPete View Post
                    Not here to troll or flame, just set facts straight. Have no idea if Coach Marshall would consider Bama. But let's get facts out in open. Outside of Kentucky, Alabama is the SEC's most tradition rich basketball program going back decades. Alabama is second in the SEC in three big categories: All time wins, all time SEC titles, and all time home attendance. At one time Bama was second in sweet 16 appearances but pretty sure not now due recent drought by current coach. Bama's arena at one time was largest in SEC, third now at bit over 15k due to arena improvements at UK and UT. FWIW, so long and good luck to your team in the NCAA, beat ND.
                    Lol at this guy.
                    UK, Arkansas, Florida, LSU and Mizzou are all much better programs historically/traditionally. Alabama's arena isn't the third biggest either. UK seats 24k, Tennessee seats 21k, Arkansas seats 20k, and Mizzou seats 16k. Alabama has only been to one elite 8 in their entire almost 100 year history. No final 4's, no championships. Coleman Coliseum is also a complete dump and is probably the worst arena in the SEC once Ole Miss' Arena is complete after this season.
                    Honestly Alabama is like the 8th or 9th best job in the SEC.

Comment

• By the way, I agree with your Saban statement. He's a helluva football coach who was smart enough to use UT to get him a big raise @ 'Bama

Maybe Marshall's trying to do the same thing as Saban did.

Also note our last coach, Mark Turgeon, was openly frustrated by the lack of support after he went to A&M, another SEC school who emphasizes football over BB. I'm sure Marshall noted that and logged it in his memory bank at the time.

That's why he's now @ Maryland.

Comment

I actually didn't come here to tell anybody anything about GM. My original post was to inform some of you of what we were hearing here in Tuscaloosa. In that original post, I said I didn't think we get GM. I did say that our AD was gonna aim very high and work from there.
                        I agree that was your purpose, and I am not saying you are trolling. But you told us to get use to this, and my point is that we are used to this. It is an annual event with the success of the program under Marshall. What Bama is doing and apparently Texas will be doing are redundant events. The rumor is that Mizzou offered Marshall a blank check.
                        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                          I agree that was your purpose, and I am not saying you are trolling. But you told us to get use to this, and my point is that we are used to this. It is an annual event with the success of the program under Marshall. What Bama is doing and apparently Texas will be doing are redundant events. The rumor is that Mizzou offered Marshall a blank check.
                          That's true, and for all you 'Bama people, the Mizzou folks tried their best to troll us, but Marshall still turned down their 3.2 mil.

And look what a dumpster fire Mizzou is now.....SMH.....

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                            That's true, and for all you 'Bama people, the Mizzou folks tried their best to troll us, but Marshall still turned down their 3.2 mil.

And look what a dumpster fire Mizzou is now.....SMH.....

I haven't posted one thing that was a troll or flame and will not do it. Not my style. I came here to get a feel for what was going on and try to get some realistic discussion. Most here have simply been offended at the thought of their coach leaving for a school that isn't one of the blue bloods of CBB. I never said he was coming to Alabama. I did say that I would like him to be here but I am a realist.

The comment about getting "used to it" was not intended to cause any issues. I was just trying to say that we (Bama fans) can relate to the talk of our coach is going to __________!

Comment

• I'm just tired of hearing about it. Let us enjoy the season. It's not our fault Alabama isn't any good and had to Fire the coach. Having to listen to this crap every year before our season is over gets old. We all know Marshall is a great coach and might leave sometime. They all do no matter the program. So I would personally say drop it and we can talk about is after our last game.

Comment

• I can understand that and no, I don't think you are a troll. But those Mizzou guys...like Animal House on steroids.

I'm betting that they have really, really low admission standards.

I hope you get a good coach, but I think your administrators handled the whole Grant thing poorly.

And I think that, like Gottfried, he will find success somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X