Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    I'm going to put this here, too.

It's simple to me. Alabama AD came to Wichita today and arrived a little before noon. They have lunch, they meet, they discuss lots of things. In the afternoon, they take a break. They plan to have dinner tonight and talk some more. The AD is likely staying the night in Wichita, regardless.

If the AD from a school is your guest, you treat them well, and you have a good time. You don't rush a quick meeting and shove them out the door. The coach's show is cancelled because they are still doing things with the Alabama folks and it doesn't necessarily mean ANYTHING. These are high level people. They are probably golfing today and having steaks tonight. Think about it.
    Quit making sense. It's very seldom I have the sense of angst that I have currently and I want it to smolder.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Shocktoberfest;563683]
      Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post

Then why wait this long? He's known this for some time and turned down countless P5 jobs. To do that and settle on Alabama makes no sense. I'm not throwing Texas in there as it is different. But Bama?
      I don't know maybe he just wanted to go south to P5 school with resources. In his mind Im sure he feels he can make Bamer on a level with Florida and make deep runs in the tourney plus have opportunity to test himself against Kentucky 2x's a year

Comment

• Hey, longtime mostly lurker here to share information.

A friend in Austin who listens to "The Horn" 104.9 tells me that Shaka Smart is Texas' guy.

Comment

• Comment

• Per Jon Rothstein: VCU's Shaka Smart is in discussions with Texas about its head coaching vacancy

Comment

• It's an interesting report. Pat Forde says Marshall isn't going to talk to Alabama, KEYN says an Austin private plane was in Wichita Sunday, Marshall talks to Alabama and now this.

Comment

• He's staying. You can just feel it. :) He's hustling these fools!

Sexton and Bardo are probably at these meetings. When offers are made, they pull out their checkbook and match it right in front of them. NEXT...

#ThugLife

Comment

• I don't know Triple G well, but neither job seems like what he's after. I could see him making a move to a blueblood - Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, maybe even Indiana.

But not to a school where basketball is the third most popular sport, after fall and spring football.

Comment

He's staying. You can just feel it. :) He's hustling these fools!

Sexton and Bardo are probably at these meetings. When offers are made, they pull out their checkbook and match it right in front of them. NEXT...

#ThugLife
                    $tright ca$h homie!!!
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                      We arent the only ones hoping Marshall stays
                      http://www.ay-ziggy-zoomba.com/phpBB...hp?f=2&t=32903
                      I can promise you the Valley offices in StL want him to stay.
                      I can promise you the coaches offices in Peoria / Normall / Springfield, et al want him gone.

Comment

He's staying. You can just feel it. :) He's hustling these fools!

#ThugLife
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• IDEA:

Let's do a dollar for dollar match system with Charles Koch. We (the fans) will pay an extra $100 for season tickets and Charlie can match the funds. This should produce an extra couple million dollars that we can throw at HCGM. That should pay for the inconvenience of having to play in the Valley and remove any monetary inadequacies between us and certain P5 schools. In return for Charles Koch's help, we will build a statue in his honor and christen it with the blood of Will Kunkell.
                          β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                            $tright ca$h homie!!!
                            Originally posted by _kai_ View Post

Comment

• I just want to hear that Shaka is officially going to Texas. There is NO WAY HCGM goes to Bama. He turned down better jobs just last year!

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                                Actually the only time today I felt like laughing. Thanks for the giggles!

Comment

Working...
                                X