Shaq??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    He wasn't allowed to participate in Shocker Madness and wasn't allowed to go to Des Moines and some question the thickness of the ice under his feet. SMH
    It wasn't being questioned, it was stated as fact. I asked for clarification. Question has been answered and clarified satisfactorily.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

What are the school/NCAA rules regarding who has to travel with any team? Just curious even Frank Martin never pulled something like that off.. I recall he would bring struggling scholarship players to road games,but wouldn't let them play.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
        What are the school/NCAA rules regarding who has to travel with any team? Just curious even Frank Martin never pulled something like that off.. I recall he would bring struggling scholarship players to road games,but wouldn't let them play.
        It is the coach's choice. Shaq is not the first player to be left off the bus.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

He got to go to Hawaii. That's a good gig if you can get it. :)

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            Your first paragraph answered my original question. No jab was intended. It was a sincere question. If you are implying that I am naive in believing that HCGM means what says when he says it, ok, HCGM is a liar, and I am naive.

Thanks for answering.
            Not to get too involved in this debate.....but Coaches definitely bend the truth/emphasize/de-emphasize things in press conferences to benefit their team.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Not making excuses for Shaq, but that jet lag can be brutal. Combine that with his natural laziness is not a good combo. I hope he got some rest and is ready to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                Not to get too involved in this debate.....but Coaches definitely bend the truth/emphasize/de-emphasize things in press conferences to benefit their team.
                Come on !!! SN isn't the No Spin Zone !!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  Your first paragraph answered my original question. No jab was intended. It was a sincere question. If you are implying that I am naive in believing that HCGM means what says when he says it, ok, HCGM is a liar, and I am naive.

Thanks for answering.
                  N/p
                  Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

maybe he was late to practice,or maybe a no show? He seems to sulk a bit on the side line when he's pulled or Marshall is getting on him for blown assignments. He has skills, but if he is not a 100% into the team concept he can become a cancer to the team. He needs to man up or just move on....

Comment

Maybe all Shaq needs is a good talking to by Antoine and X. If they can't fire him up, then it's probably a lost cause.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        Maybe all Shaq needs is a good talking to by Antoine and X. If they can't fire him up, then it's probably a lost cause.
                        wishful thinking man...we are behind in the schollie count...some people are not coming back next year...lets put 2 and 2 together and move forward

Comment

I hope Shaq gets it together because from what I've seen so far, he is no doubt the most talented big man on the roster. Attitude seems to be a problem for more than a few Shox right now. FVV is starting to be a problem IMO, especially from what I saw of the Drake game. I hope both these young men get it together because the talent is definitely there.

On the other hand, if Shaq does leave or is forced to leave, that does help the schollie situation, but not the big man situation. Tough deal all around.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                            I hope Shaq gets it together because from what I've seen so far, he is no doubt the most talented big man on the roster. Attitude seems to be a problem for more than a few Shox right now. FVV is starting to be a problem IMO, especially from what I saw of the Drake game. I hope both these young men get it together because the talent is definitely there.

On the other hand, if Shaq does leave or is forced to leave, that does help the schollie situation, but not the big man situation. Tough deal all around.
                            When he was recruited I envisioned lob city from FVV to Shaq but that's been far from reality...

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                              And this is why good NCAA BB coaches continue to recruit, even when it would appear they have no more scholies to give. I, like most others here, hope Shaq pulls his head out, we sure could use him this season.

Comment

You can lead a horse to water but it can be difficult getting them into a swim suit.
                                If talent counted for more than heart, Ricky Ross would be in the Hall OF Fame and Larry Bird would have been cleaning up YMCA locker rooms after Tyrone Shoelace left town.
                                I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

Working...
                                X