Shaq??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by choida View Post
    Shaq talked back to coach in front of the team... That's what's circulating in old town tonight... But who knows
    in practice or before?

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
      in practice or before?
      This isn't a first time offense. Shaq was/has been on VERY thin ice for a long time
      Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post
        This isn't a first time offense. Shaq was/has been on VERY thin ice for a long time
        yeah i understand that.

we have to understand though that he is still a young kid that is learning. I am sure in highschool he dominated on size and talent and to come to the big leagues and not show the effort and not get the playing time has made him upset maybe? He needs to learn to be a team player.

Comment

“He wasn’t practicing well enough,” Marshall said. “Right now, he’s a distraction.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

When Marshall says he's a distraction that suggests that the problem has grown into something more than just a lack of effort. I like Shaq. I hope he can turn it around, but the onus is on him.
          Last edited by Shocker-maniac; December 31, 2014, 11:46 PM.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
            yeah i understand that.

we have to understand though that he is still a young kid that is learning. I am sure in highschool he dominated on size and talent and to come to the big leagues and not show the effort and not get the playing time has made him upset maybe? He needs to learn to be a team player.
            The young kid thing shouldn't be an excuse. Everyone on that team is young and have their heads on straight.
            On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

Originally posted by BikeIdiot View Post
              The young kid thing shouldn't be an excuse. Everyone on that team is young and have their heads on straight.
              Absolutely, right. He's not some junior high kid. By this time, he should understand the discipline required to be in a major college program. It's no secret. People younger than him have to display that kind of discipline every day. He needs to mature pretty quickly if he ever wants to play for any team.

Comment

Found out what was going on. He kept trying to eat the basketball when he was given it, which of course was in outright defiance of his diet plan.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  It will be interesting to see if he is in the arena Sunday.
                  Or practice tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post
                    Completely agree, not sure how he can look at the current situation and not see an opportunity worth giving 100 percent.
                    Exactly, WUs -- if ever there was a quality team crying for an inside boost, it's WSU. And Shaq can give it, if he wants to.

There's no telling how this will all end; I remember Anthony Tolliver basically giving up at Creighton, saying he wanted to leave, and then being convinced to come back for one last try, whereupon he became one of the league's best bigs and a real Shocker nemesis. So surprising things can happen, but it sounds as though Shaq is in need of a major turnaround. Maybe he just isn't angry enough.

Comment

We were in Hawaii too and hubby really likes Shaq. He thinks he has so much potential and feels in the event we lose him, it could come back to haunt us. Right now it is the one position we cannot afford to lose. On a personal front, Shaq was so warm to us when meeting him and gave us both big hugs later on. Hope to see him playing again soon and it all works out.

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post
                        How do you know that? Coach was very complimentary of Shaq and his attitude on the coaches show just a few weeks ago. What is your definition of a long time? Do you have inside information or is this just your opinion?
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          How do you know that? Coach was very complimentary of Shaq and his attitude on the coaches show just a few weeks ago. What is your definition of a long time? Do you have inside information or is this just your opinion?

Is this a serious question??

Comment

I've met Shaq and he is a nice young man and I liked him. It is a known fact that much is expected from all of our players, even the young ones. My hopes is Shaq will get this ironed out and come back with every ounce of effort and focus that he has to help us win games. We could really use him inside. Each player has a role in the scheme of team-play. Somebody has to be in charge and that is Coach Marshall. No use bucking him because it won't work. I hope Shaq gets back in there and gives it his all. Anything less will not suffice and distractions could hurt the whole team and will not be tolerated. No matter what Shaq decides, I wish him the very best.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Is this a serious question??
                              Yes. I would genuinely like to know if he has facts or if it his opinion. We are all entitled to our opinions. I am well aware of the articles and comments made in the past by Fred and the coach. I follow this team as much as anyone. It well known Shaq has growing up to do. I have seen nothing yet from coach or anyone else saying factually that he is on thin ice, this weekends events not withstanding.

It may well turn out that Shaq will not be a part of this team in the future. Time will tell. I just want to know if someone knows as a fact when they make statements as facts...

A lot if people express their opinions as facts. This appears to me to be another example..
                              Last edited by jocoshock; January 1, 2015, 10:03 AM.
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Providing its not too late SM needs to apologize to GM and his teammates for his lack
                                of angriness on the floor and willingness to dedicate himself to making our team and himself better.
                                Having said that I hope he does and becomes the angriest guy out there when he is on
                                the floor. If that isn't in him then we are probably better off without him.

Comment

Working...
                                X