Shaq??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
    I hope Shaq gets it together because from what I've seen so far, he is no doubt the most talented big man on the roster. Attitude seems to be a problem for more than a few Shox right now. FVV is starting to be a problem IMO, especially from what I saw of the Drake game. I hope both these young men get it together because the talent is definitely there.

On the other hand, if Shaq does leave or is forced to leave, that does help the schollie situation, but not the big man situation. Tough deal all around.
    It's a Joke to say anything negative about Fred. He may be frustrated right now but he's as tough as they come and a competitor of the highest order. Anyone doubting his want to, attitude mental toughness or talent is nuts.

Comment

Mostly true, but you can't allow him or anyone else to talk back to an official. That simply cannot be tolerated.

Comment

Not a big deal. Coach can handle that.

Comment

Sorry folks, only positive comments on this board. Fred was asking the official kindly to watch the hand checking, and at least he was thinking about getting the ball into the post in the 2nd half when he made the worst entry pass I've seen since 7th grade. He was trying!!!

Come on people, this team is not playing very well right now. Yes, 11-2, I know, but Fred should not be talking his way into 2 extra fouls and making freshman mistakes with the ball. Its not a joke to point out deficiencies. Its a joke to pretend they don't exist.

I for one second the notion that Fred has an attitude that needs a bit of adjusting. Yes I think its because he is frustrated, but its time to man up. Things aren't as easy as they were his first two years. Its all about adjustments, opponents have made adjustments to him, time for him to do the same.
          -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
            Sorry folks, only positive comments on this board. Fred was asking the official kindly to watch the hand checking, and at least he was thinking about getting the ball into the post in the 2nd half when he made the worst entry pass I've seen since 7th grade. He was trying!!!

Come on people, this team is not playing very well right now. Yes, 11-2, I know, but Fred should not be talking his way into 2 extra fouls and making freshman mistakes with the ball. Its not a joke to point out deficiencies. Its a joke to pretend they don't exist.

I for one second the notion that Fred has an attitude that needs a bit of adjusting. Yes I think its because he is frustrated, but its time to man up. Things aren't as easy as they were his first two years. Its all about adjustments, opponents have made adjustments to him, time for him to do the same.
            I don't see an attitude problem with FVV. I see frustration and he is allowing this to change his game, but it is not an attitude issue.
            On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

Well said slalomshocker, I keep forgetting on these boards that only a few select people are allowed to post negative comments about our Shockers, the rest will just get roasted. A lot of double standards on these boards, part of the reason I stay away from them mostly. That being said, no doubt FVV is frustrated. Still doesn't give him the right to start barking at the officials. That is the coaches job. Players play. HCGM needs to sit him down and have a long talk with him about leadership, otherwise that frustration could very easily turn into a major attitude issue, even if certain people on this board don't see it..

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Mostly true, but you can't allow him or anyone else to talk back to an official. That simply cannot be tolerated.
                  Besides, it is never a benefit.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Well said slalomshocker, I keep forgetting on these boards that only a few select people are allowed to post negative comments about our Shockers, the rest will just get roasted. A lot of double standards on these boards, part of the reason I stay away from them mostly. That being said, no doubt FVV is frustrated. Still doesn't give him the right to start barking at the officials. That is the coaches job. Players play. HCGM needs to sit him down and have a long talk with him about leadership, otherwise that frustration could very easily turn into a major attitude issue, even if certain people on this board don't see it..
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      God, I love thee.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I don't mind you saying negative things about the Shockers, but I do not see one instance of FVV barking at an official as evidence of an attitude problem. Seems like a Chicken Little approach to commenting.
                        On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

Not sure what you mean by only positive posts allowed. I see plenty of negative posts. Are people not allowed to disagree with negative takes? I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by BikeIdiot View Post
                            I don't mind you saying negative things about the Shockers, but I do not see one instance of FVV barking at an official as evidence of an attitude problem. Seems like a Chicken Little approach to commenting.
                            He didn't even get a technical. This is all a bunch of nothing and not even worth talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by top20shock View Post
                              He didn't even get a technical. This is all a bunch of nothing and not even worth talking about.
                              So just because he didn't get a technical makes it ok? It's not ok, ever, for a player to bark at an official, and it is something worth talking about, especially if it becomes a trend. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean other people can. Just saying.

Comment

Remember when we went to the Final 4 with a PG that routinely got T'd up?

Some of you may have no long term memory.

Sleep well.
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X