No announcement yet.

Shaq??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The kid definitely has potential and we flat out need his bulk and size.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Coach was VERY positive and complimentary to Shaq when he came out of the game. You can't say Gregg isn't trying.
      No surprise there -- anyone who hasn't long since figured out that Marshall is a superb psychologist and motivator hasn't been paying attention. As usual, he has a far better handle on the situation involving his players than do any of our partially informed but fully opinionated pundits and speculators.

Where things go from here who knows, and there may be games that aren't so good, because old habits aren't easily broken. But it was a very positive game from a very important player, apparently following a very positive practice, and that is all good news. What bandwagon any of us is or isn't on doesn't matter -- what does matter is that Shaq just take it one day at a time and keep doing what he needs to do. A game like tonight's also has to be a lot more satisfying from his point of view than the last few before it, and he can see for himself what led to that satisfaction.
      Last edited by WSUwatcher; January 5, 2015, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• Finally, a step in the right direction, especially with the three blocked shots in
        ten minutes. We need an enforcer. Zero rebounds, however. Only one game.
        Now he needs to bring intensity every minute on the court. If he does that and
        shows improvement each game our post season chances improve. Having said
        that, I hope RN and WB both come to understand what THEY need to do to increase
        THEIR PT. Play angry, rebound and defend when you get your chances !

Comment

• I hope to see Shaq continue to improve to the point we can see him and carter in at the same time more often. shaq has shown the ability to make nice high to low post passes. If it ever happen weasel can spend more minutes at the 3 spelling cotton. If some combination of Shaq, Nurger,Bush, and Kelly can develop some consistency we just might be ok come tourney time.

Comment

• His practicing and game were the focal point of Paul's article on the game - http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...le5417799.html. The AP recap also mentions his practice, including an iceberg analogy by HCGM - http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...is-state-70-62

Comment

• Managing / Coaching's key is to find what motivates people. Lombardi was an excellent example of a coach knowing what exactly each player needs to succeed. I think Marshall fits that mold. Some players respond well to in your face criticism, some respond to being treated gently with criticism. Some players respond well to punishments through playing time reduction, some to more running or endurance punishments. Maybe Coach Marshall found out that to get through to Shaq, he not only had to bench him, but not take him on the road trip. Maybe it was a wake up call that if things don't change, this is your future.

I hope, I beg, I plead to Shaq that this is the defining moment of his career at WSU. That we can all look back in 3 years as he accepts his jersey plaque from Eric Sexton on Senior Night, that he made it. He succeeded in turning the corner from a young man with a lot of potential, to a young man who utilized that potential. Because Shaq shows so many glimpses of not just a good basketball player, but a great basketball player with intangibles that aren't taught.
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
                His practicing and game were the focal point of Paul's article on the game - http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...le5417799.html. The AP recap also mentions his practice, including an iceberg analogy by HCGM - http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...is-state-70-62
                That CBS article has a great quote from Shaq that might signal consistency of effort might be on its way:

During the practice before the team left, Marshall sat his players down and drew an iceberg on the board, with 90 percent of it labeled character and the remaining 10 labeled skill. Morris took that as a direct message.
                ''He told me to go home and take some time to just think to myself how bad I wanted it,'' Morris said. ''I basically knew that the whole message was to me. When they came back from Drake, I just gave it my all. I said, `Why not?' and just went very hard in practice.''

Comment

• "Why not?"...made me chuckle...I think there are times that youth truly is wasted on the young...:)

Comment

• Okay. Shaq appears to be rehabbed. I'm starting to get excited when he takes the court. Marshall is a master.
                    He is going to be the piece we have been needing.

Comment

• It's amazing what having a center who will play angry does for the other guys on the team. Shaq has a great performance so Bradley has to focus on him and Carter immediately goes off as a result. This development could be big.

Comment

• Another solid performance by the young man. 10 points, 7 boards? How many minutes did he play? If he can string three good games together I just might have to eat my words. Great game Shaq!

Comment

• I love what Shaq brings. However, I still feel these next 3-4 games (2 weeks of practice) are huge for his long term aspirations here at WSU.

Comment

• Shaq still on the team or nah?
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Don't you dare leave him home alone when we head to Chicago!!!
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                                Shaq still on the team or nah?
                                Apparently we all fell for Marshall's elaborate scheme to access Shaq's talent. Not only is he still on the team, but he is tearing it up for two straight games.

Comment

Working...
                                X