Shaq??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BikeIdiot View Post
    I don't mind you saying negative things about the Shockers, but I do not see one instance of FVV barking at an official as evidence of an attitude problem. Seems like a Chicken Little approach to commenting.
    Anytime a player barks at an official, there's attitude involved. Now whether it becomes a problem or not depends on FVV and HCGM. No doubt FVV is struggling right now, and frustrated, and the signs are there. Of course, being a former coach, it's probably easier for me to see those signs than other people. But to each his own, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Comment

This is proving to be a very challenging year for the "best backcourt in America". And for its fans...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
        So just because he didn't get a technical makes it ok? It's not ok, ever, for a player to bark at an official, and it is something worth talking about, especially if it becomes a trend. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean other people can. Just saying.
        Just once I want to see a player bark, Ja Rule style, at a ref.

But seriously, most refs are so far up their own ass they could probably use some bark.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          This is proving to be a very challenging year for the "best backcourt in America". And for its fans...
          Agreed 100%, hopefully everybody can pull it together

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            Just once I want to see a player bark, Ja Rule style, at a ref.

But seriously, most refs are so far up their own ass they could probably use some bark.
            You realize as an official I could take serious offense to that, right? haha. But no, you're right, especially at the D1 level, there are massive egos involved. I've always been of the mindset that it's just a game and that some of these officials are lucky to even be working, period. Unfortunately the egos seem to be spreading down to the high school level officials as well.

Forget Ja Rule style, how about DMX style? ha!

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
              Remember when we went to the Final 4 with a PG that routinely got T'd up?

Some of you may have no long term memory.

Sleep well.
              I do remember it happening a couple of times. Pretty sure we lost at least one of those games... (Tennessee?)

I don't think many of us were impressed at the time...
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Agreed 100%, hopefully everybody can pull it together
                Yeah hopefully we can get back to playing perfect every game like the good, top 25 teams do. I'm this close to donating my shocker gear to goodwill.

Comment

You realize as an official I could take serious offense to that, right? haha. But no, you're right, especially at the D1 level, there are massive egos involved. I've always been of the mindset that it's just a game and that some of these officials are lucky to even be working, period. Unfortunately the egos seem to be spreading down to the high school level officials as well.

Forget Ja Rule style, how about DMX style? ha!
                  I only kid as far as the up their ass comment goes. I don't envy their jobs and while I'm a frequent critic at home and sometimes on this board, refs are like anyone else in this crazy world just trying to do what they can. Someone has to play the heel, right?

Good call on DMX, I got my early 2000's rappers mixed up. Woof.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Mostly true, but you can't allow him or anyone else to talk back to an official. That simply cannot be tolerated.
                    I dont believe he was talking back as much asking for help from getting pushed, hacked, and shouldered everytime up the court.

If you watch just before, you will see a Drake player walk through him right in front of Janssen.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      I only kid as far as the up their ass comment goes. I don't envy their jobs and while I'm a frequent critic at home and sometimes on this board, refs are like anyone else in this crazy world just trying to do what they can. Someone has to play the heel, right?

Good call on DMX, I got my early 2000's rappers mixed up. Woof.
                      No worries, I just fight the losing fight in trying to convince fans that officials aren't perfect, we can't expect them to be perfect. I like to use the line, "When a team makes every shot, gets every rebound, has a game with no turnovers, then I'll make sure as a ref, I call a perfect game." It's impossible, but unfortunately most fans don't understand that. That being said, I too find myself critiquing and criticizing certain officials and their jobs. You're right, it's part of the game, but some fans just don't get it, they turn it into an official bashing war and it shouldn't be. It's a very tough job, and I've challenged many fans to put on the stripes and a whistle and see how they like getting abused. Most are quick to turn down the challenge. :)

Heh, no problem, can't go wrong with jarule or DMX

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        I dont believe he was talking back as much asking for help from getting pushed, hacked, and shouldered everytime up the court.

If you watch just before, you will see a Drake player walk through him right in front of Janssen.
                        Judging by his facial expressions, there definitely seemed like attitude in his conversation with Janssen. Then again, I'm in the minority there.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          No ****.

11-2 ranked 16th and it's not good enough to win on the road in conference by 9. Now Fred comes under fire. JFC I almost expect someone to call for HCGM's job with a fgm.com website before the weekend is out.

It's as if the tolerance baseline is now winning by 20 all games. Anything less than that is abject failure and must be scrutinized.

For the record, I'm thrilled that the team is 11-2 and 1-0 in conference and I can't wait to see these guys play on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                            You realize as an official I could take serious offense to that, right?
                            Ahh, this explains your stance on this issue. How dare someone say anything to the almighty official right?
                            "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

• FVV didn't get a technical, but how much court time did it take for him to pick up 2 more fouls and ride pine for a huge chunk of the second half? An official has more tools in his bag than just calling technicals. I watched the game on Cox, but listened to the radio broadcast. Kennedy and Hull (I think the color guy is Hull - but I don't pay much attention to that) agreed that FVV was getting fouls called because of his interactions with the referee.

Jamar Howard got fouls called on him just because of his facial expressions when he got called for something. I still think Howard cost us more than a few games because of his facial expression (unspoken) of attitude.

I'll have to watch some games again, but FVV's ability to drive to the hoop was partly based on dishing to an open post player if Fred got covered. I don't recall seeing Fred pass to a post player on a drive at all this year. I don't know if that's because Fred is less willing to pass or if the post players aren't getting in position to take a pass. In either case, Fred is getting very few positive results by driving the lane, and that's taken away a big part of his game.

As I recall the Drake game, the Shox did better with Baker running point and Fred on the bench.

Another thing I'm going to watch for. Kelly seems to have some offensive game, but he mainly scores on putbacks and 3's. Is that because he doesn't have the moves to score in other ways or because he doesn't get the ball in a position to score in other ways?

It's easier to play angry when you're the disrespected underdog than when you're an AA and favored to win about every time you step on the court.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
                                Ahh, this explains your stance on this issue. How dare someone say anything to the almighty official right?
                                Apparently your sarcasm meter failed on you, or you failed to read the haha after that comment. Nice of you to only read half the comment and make assumptions. You know what they say about people that assume right? haha

Comment

Working...
                                X